You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
guns_at_last_light

For the love of god, please give me a game without a CV

18 comments in this topic

Members
1,818 posts
27,082 battles

No, it wouldn't. If what you alledge is true, then WG would be in the wrong.... and they're not going broke, so....

• Boring 1

[WPORT]
Members
7,089 posts
12,076 battles
44 minutes ago, guns_at_last_light said:

As a DD main, BB release day would be 1000% more enjoyable if there were CV-less games.

Tier-2 game play awaits you.

• Cool 1
  • Haha 1

[FOXEH]
Members
1,944 posts
12,750 battles
1 hour ago, guns_at_last_light said:

As a DD main, BB release day would be 1000% more enjoyable if there were CV-less games.

Spec specifically for AA and you won’t see a CV ever.

• Funny 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
27,454 posts
14,821 battles
52 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Tier-2 game play awaits you.

This, tier 1 & 2 never see a CV

42 minutes ago, CylonRed said:

CV not in most of the games I play at high tier.

The rate of CV matches takes a good drop with tier 6 and even more with tier 8 & 10

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
5,199 posts
12,101 battles

Or, to make it 2000% better - learn to stick within range of teammates, turn AA off, use sectors, and above all else at least attempt to dodge using A and D at minimum, sometimes even S and W. 

And I say that as a player who has spent the last week in Kagero, Jervis, KGV and DoY knocking out epoch missions in games where not only were there 2 CV's - they actively focused me. Then again - I actually play most of the CV's that attack me - so I know their limitations and how to counter them most of the time.

[HC]
[HC]
Beta Testers
3,369 posts
13,031 battles
2 hours ago, guns_at_last_light said:

And the BB's are enjoying it 1000% more thanks to the CV's making you miserable in your DD.

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
13,714 posts
2 hours ago, guns_at_last_light said:

I was trying to finish a campaign requirement to shoot down planes with AA last week. I had to play several games in my Gearing before I even got one with a CV and several more before I could get a plane to come close enough to me to shoot it down.

[KSC]
Clan Supertest Coordinator
5,286 posts
8,507 battles
22 minutes ago, SgtBeltfed said:

And the BB's are enjoying it 1000% more thanks to the CV's making you miserable in your DD.

Battleships don't like having to fight CVs either....especially big low battleships...

Edited by yashma

[SALVO]
Members
25,804 posts
28,063 battles
16 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

I was trying to finish a campaign requirement to shoot down planes with AA last week. I had to play several games in my Gearing before I even got one with a CV and several more before I could get a plane to come close enough to me to shoot it down.

Ahhh,  Snarg, if you're trying to do a mission that requires planes to be shot down, it's best to either div with a CV player in randoms or play coop, where MM will add in a bot CV fairly often.

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
13,714 posts
3 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Ahhh,  Snarg, if you're trying to do a mission that requires planes to be shot down, it's best to either div with a CV player in randoms or play coop, where MM will add in a bot CV fairly often.

I've never been in a division but that's a good idea.

[HC]
[HC]
Beta Testers
3,369 posts
13,031 battles
17 hours ago, yashma said:

Battleships don't like having to fight CVs either....especially big low battleships...

They like the "Surprise! You're dead" that comes from a sneaky DD dev striking them even less.

For a big slow BB, the CV is usually just annoying after the DD's are dead. Hitting the DD's pays better because of how XP and credits are awarded, and the first team to run out of DD's usually loses, and nobody likes to lose.

[GGWP]
Members
7,206 posts
16,676 battles
17 hours ago, WanderingGhost said:

Or, to make it 2000% better - learn to stick within range of teammates, turn AA off, use sectors, and above all else at least attempt to dodge using A and D at minimum, sometimes even S and W. 

And I say that as a player who has spent the last week in Kagero, Jervis, KGV and DoY knocking out epoch missions in games where not only were there 2 CV's - they actively focused me. Then again - I actually play most of the CV's that attack me - so I know their limitations and how to counter them most of the time.

So turn brain off and play like a potato. Got it