Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Phantom_Regiment

Login issues for main account / Unable to create Support Ticket

31 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
12 posts
93 battles

Issue 1:  I'm currently not able to login to or reset my primary account (krazykarr5). I've been on a bit of a hiatus from the game since the summer and haven't logged in for a couple of months. During that time I purchased a new phone and failed to copy Google Authenticator codes from old to new phone. Now I can't login and when prompted for codes can't supply them. Therefore, I can't reset my main account.

Issue 2: I tried creating a Support Ticket from multiple machines and browsers (even after clearing cache). Each time I get "Sorry, we seem to be having technical issues at the moment." I even tried creating a ticket from an alt account (the one I'm submitting this topic from). I've been chatting Hapa about the issues and each suggestion has yielded the same error message upon trying to submit a ticket.

Would appreciate any help. Thanks!

- krazykarr5

Screenshot 2020-12-02 at 7.22.31 PM.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,704
[WORX]
Members
14,794 posts
21,241 battles
13 minutes ago, Phantom_Regiment said:

I'm currently not able to login to or reset my primary account (krazykarr5).

I dont think you have to log in in order to reset the password.. Just your original E-mail so that they can send you a reset password.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
12 posts
93 battles

Thanks Navalpride33. You're right, but there's an additional step of requiring a 2fa code if you've set your account for 2 factor authentication. If you don't have the codes, you can't submit the reset request. Since I had changed phones and failed to transfer the Google Authenticator codes over, I'm not able to supply one. Hence why I turned to the ticket process.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,704
[WORX]
Members
14,794 posts
21,241 battles
1 hour ago, Phantom_Regiment said:

Thanks Navalpride33. You're right, but there's an additional step of requiring a 2fa code if you've set your account for 2 factor authentication. If you don't have the codes, you can't submit the reset request. Since I had changed phones and failed to transfer the Google Authenticator codes over, I'm not able to supply one. Hence why I turned to the ticket process.

@Gneisenau013

@foodprinter

Have any ideas on how he can proceed?

 

Edited by Navalpride33
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
0
[P-S-F]
Beta Testers
4 posts
281 battles
On 12/2/2020 at 4:25 PM, Phantom_Regiment said:

Issue 1:  I'm currently not able to login to or reset my primary account (krazykarr5). I've been on a bit of a hiatus from the game since the summer and haven't logged in for a couple of months. During that time I purchased a new phone and failed to copy Google Authenticator codes from old to new phone. Now I can't login and when prompted for codes can't supply them. Therefore, I can't reset my main account.

Issue 2: I tried creating a Support Ticket from multiple machines and browsers (even after clearing cache). Each time I get "Sorry, we seem to be having technical issues at the moment." I even tried creating a ticket from an alt account (the one I'm submitting this topic from). I've been chatting Hapa about the issues and each suggestion has yielded the same error message upon trying to submit a ticket.

Would appreciate any help. Thanks!

- krazykarr5

Screenshot 2020-12-02 at 7.22.31 PM.png

Holy Crap! I have been dealing with this for 4 days now on my other account and cannot get a reply through on any NA sites. I was able to get a support ticket to EU but they told me they could do nothing and couldn't forward it to NA support either. Have tried other browsers, deleting cache and cookies and all that. Still get the "Sorry we seem to be having some technical issues at the moment." every time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,806 posts
11,098 battles
5 hours ago, Phantom_Regiment said:

@Hapa_Fodder

This is the forum topic we've been chatting about. Any idea how to get this issue in front of someone?

- krazykarr5 (primary account IGN)

Ahoy,

Have you tried recovering your account today?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,806 posts
11,098 battles
5 minutes ago, Melathiome said:

Holy Crap! I have been dealing with this for 4 days now on my other account and cannot get a reply through on any NA sites. I was able to get a support ticket to EU but they told me they could do nothing and couldn't forward it to NA support either. Have tried other browsers, deleting cache and cookies and all that. Still get the "Sorry we seem to be having some technical issues at the moment." every time.

Ahoy, have you also tried to recover your account today as well?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
12 posts
93 battles
9 minutes ago, Gneisenau013 said:

Ahoy,

Have you tried recovering your account today?

@Gneisenau013

Thanks for the reply! I just tried to recover my account. However, I'm being asked to "To restore your password, enter the one-time code from the mobile authenticator app (second factor of authentication):". Unfortunately, I don't have access to my previous phone where the codes were generated. And, I failed to transfer the codes to my new phone on the Google Authenticator app.

Any other suggestions on things to try?

Thanks!

- krazykarr5 (primary account IGN)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
0
[P-S-F]
Beta Testers
4 posts
281 battles
13 minutes ago, Gneisenau013 said:

Ahoy, have you also tried to recover your account today as well?

Why yes yes I have! But just like the post starter has said, without access to the Wargaming Auth app and its codes or the backup codes I cannot find I am unable to login to that account! That's why I am using my older account to post and ask about this. To specify what all my tickets have attempted to be sent saying:

"Got a new phone and messed up the Wargaming Auth app transfer but didn't notice till after I had wiped the old phones data. I also cannot find my backup codes so I can't get into my account page."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
12 posts
93 battles

It sounds as if @Melathiome are experiencing the same issue. If so, and if I may speak on his behalf, we're both using alt accounts which are attached to different email accounts than what we're posting here with. I didn't supply the email address for my primary account as I didn't want to share it publicly. But, will be happy to in DM if needed.

Thanks!

- krazykarr5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,806 posts
11,098 battles
21 minutes ago, Phantom_Regiment said:

It sounds as if @Melathiome are experiencing the same issue. If so, and if I may speak on his behalf, we're both using alt accounts which are attached to different email accounts than what we're posting here with. I didn't supply the email address for my primary account as I didn't want to share it publicly. But, will be happy to in DM if needed.

Thanks!

- krazykarr5

Can you access this article?
https://na.wargaming.net/support/en/products/wows/article/10568/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
12 posts
93 battles
4 minutes ago, Gneisenau013 said:

Yes, I'm able to access it and have read it. Unfortunately, the articles assume:
1) You can login to your Wargaming account, or

2) You have access to the backup codes on your 2fa authentication application.

I, and I believe @Melathiome, don't have access to either.

Is there a way for the 2fa to be disabled by the Admin at the account level, or the account the be reset and, in effect, bypassing 2fa? Of course, this could all be done by verification of user account information.

Thanks!

- krazykarr5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,866
[WOLF1]
Members
6,406 posts

I am having this exact issue as well, right down to the message when I try to submit a ticket.  Same issue, phone quit working, so I lost the 2FA source, and the backup codes are gone.  

If I could submit a ticket, I'm sure this could be fixed, but, if I can't submit a ticket...

I have the email, the phone#, the password, know what I paid with in the past, etc...but if ticket won't submit, I can't get that to anyone.  @foodprinter and @Hapa_Fodder suggested I try this, and lo and behold this popped up. 

Sounds like they need to look at the ticket submit behavior.

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
0
[P-S-F]
Beta Testers
4 posts
281 battles
3 hours ago, Phantom_Regiment said:

It sounds as if @Melathiome are experiencing the same issue. If so, and if I may speak on his behalf, we're both using alt accounts which are attached to different email accounts than what we're posting here with. I didn't supply the email address for my primary account as I didn't want to share it publicly. But, will be happy to in DM if needed.

Thanks!

- krazykarr5

Yup seems to be, and yes I don't mind being lumped in with what you are saying as it really does seem to be the same issue. 

 

2 hours ago, Phantom_Regiment said:

Yes, I'm able to access it and have read it. Unfortunately, the articles assume:
1) You can login to your Wargaming account, or

2) You have access to the backup codes on your 2fa authentication application.

I, and I believe @Melathiome, don't have access to either.

Is there a way for the 2fa to be disabled by the Admin at the account level, or the account the be reset and, in effect, bypassing 2fa? Of course, this could all be done by verification of user account information.

Thanks!

- krazykarr5

Also again exactly the same thing for me. I can load all pages and links I am sent but as soon as I try to open a ticket I get the message "Sorry we seem to be having some technical issues at the moment."  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
12 posts
93 battles
35 minutes ago, KrakenWulf said:

I'm having the same problem. It just keeps saying "Sorry, we're having technical issues."

Hey @KrakenWulf. Are you having an issue with not being able to login/reset your account due to issues with 2fa? Or, is just the issue with not being able to create a ticket?

Thanks

- krazykarr5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
12 posts
93 battles

@Gneisenau013

It appears we have 3 players (including myself) with the same issues outlined in the original post, and another user that is experiencing at least the 2nd issue (getting error when trying to create ticket). Any help you can offer would be much appreciated.

- krazykarr5 (Primary IGN)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3 posts
112 battles

Both. I got a new phone because my old phone broke, and there seems to be no way to transfer the 2fa codes now. I lost the backup codes because I've moved a lot since this game came out. I've tried to submit a ticket over and over, but no matter what I do, I get the same error message.

 Just a side note: I've been around since CBT and have spent a lot of time and money on this game. I've already missed Black Friday and several clan activities now, so I'm frustrated to say the least.

Edited by KrakenWulf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
12 posts
93 battles
26 minutes ago, KrakenWulf said:

Both. I got a new phone because my old phone broke, and there seems to be no way to transfer the 2fa codes now. I lost the backup codes because I've moved a lot since this game came out. I've tried to submit a ticket over and over, but no matter what I do, I get the same error message.

 Just a side note: I've been around since CBT and have spent a lot of time and money on this game. I've already missed Black Friday and several clan activities now, so I'm frustrated to say the least.

Thanks @KrakenWulf!

@Gneisenau013

Make that 4 of us that are experiencing both issues from the original post above. Again, any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

- krazykarr5 (Primary IGN)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,806 posts
11,098 battles
16 minutes ago, Phantom_Regiment said:

Thanks @KrakenWulf!

@Gneisenau013

Make that 4 of us that are experiencing both issues from the original post above. Again, any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

- krazykarr5 (Primary IGN)

Can you guys submit a ticket anonymously?

If you can do that, we can proceed with the account recovery options once you make contact.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
12 posts
93 battles
1 minute ago, Gneisenau013 said:

Can you guys submit a ticket anonymously?

If you can do that, we can proceed with the account recovery options once you make contact.

Each of us has had issues trying to submit support tickets. Any insight on how to submit one anonymously?

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
12 posts
93 battles
4 minutes ago, Gneisenau013 said:

Just tried again. Unfortunately, I still can't create a ticket. This is part of the issue we all have been having. We can't login/reset our accounts. And, we can't create support tickets. We keep getting the error that I pasted in the original post above.

Any other avenues we can try?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,806 posts
11,098 battles
5 minutes ago, Phantom_Regiment said:

Just tried again. Unfortunately, I still can't create a ticket. This is part of the issue we all have been having. We can't login/reset our accounts. And, we can't create support tickets. We keep getting the error that I pasted in the original post above.

Any other avenues we can try?

Lemme see what I can find.

Can you send the entire screenshot of the error when submitting a ticket?

Also, can you try using another browser? Like FireFox or Edge?

Or even try your smartphone browser?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×