Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
ObiphanKenobi

How to take advantage of WG, from F2P point of view; preparing for this year Xmas event

15 comments in this topic

[TSG4]
[TSG4]
Volunteer Moderator
3,252 posts
16,579 battles

Disclaimer: WG did not gave me any dub or ships. I have to play and grind the event just like everyone else. I am a FREE to PLAY, a ships collector, a fanatic history study, and admirer at ships/tanks/planes model and a CASUAL player (I play at my own pace).

If you are trolls, please make your own post. YOU ARE NOT WELCOME HERE.

First off, the patch hit us yesterday with some new events, mainly the 3 stages Xmas and the final reward is the free Winter camo, secondly the Black mission to obtain crates. As a F2P player, over the years, I save up lots of dub from event for xmas spending or toward the end of the 25% discount coupon end date.

For those that don't have Florida, consider about obtaining her. She appear as 1 of the requirement to complete the missions throughout the 3 stages (and help with some of the Black missions).

I will be out for 10 days in December, so for me, obtained Florida is a big help in finishing off the event quickly.

I bough her with the coupon discount, so from 9800 dub down to 7000'ish. The camo value about 5000 dub, so I lost about 2000 dub, but completing mission along the way get me signal/camo/black crates equivalent to well spent 7000'ish dub in value.

I don't spend my coal yet, I would rather wait. Instead I will focusing on finish off my tech tree grind to get as many t8/t9/t10 ships as possible so I can get well reverse pool of rss from the snowflake event.

Don't forget, after xmas there will be NEW YEAR sale well in Jan 2021.

If you are FREE to PLAY, be patient, take your time researching, spend accordingly where it benefit you. Look for common denominator :cap_horn: 

regards,

• Cool 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

[OIL-1]
Members
1,291 posts

FTP = File Transfer Protocol.

I think you meant to say F2P.

• Haha 1

[PVE]
Members
4,780 posts
21,093 battles
2 minutes ago, z9_ said:

FTP = File Transfer Protocol.

Or, Flight Test Plan...........worked in an experimental flight test department............and the FTP's created FTR's the FAA reads.....  There some trivia for you.!

• Cool 1

[KWF]
Members
5,187 posts
6,659 battles

So the plan for a Free 2 play player to take advantage of WG is to get Florida that can only be obtained by paying WG?

Edited by warheart1992

[WOLFG]
Members
11,100 posts
10,330 battles
1 minute ago, hateboat said:

I am confused, Free to Play = buy a premium ship?

1 minute ago, warheart1992 said:

So the plan for a Free 2 play player to take advantage of WG is to get Florida that can only be obtained by paying WG?

Yeah, this sounds more like a limited paying player's guide.

[TSG4]
[TSG4]
Volunteer Moderator
3,252 posts
16,579 battles
13 minutes ago, z9_ said:

thank you, I didn't have my coffee in the morning yet. Edit

10 minutes ago, Asym_KS said:

There some trivia for you.!

:cap_haloween: you got me, right there

4 minutes ago, hateboat said:

I am confused, Free to Play = buy a premium ship?

4 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

2 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

Yeah, this sounds more like a limited paying player's guide.

please read this:

As a F2P player, over the years, I save up lots of dub from event

sorry if I confused you guys :cap_like:

• Confused 1

Members
696 posts
61 battles
16 minutes ago, ObiphanKenobi said:

please read this:

As a F2P player, over the years, I save up lots of dub from event

sorry if I confused you guys :cap_like:

that's ok. Just wish I obtained 5000 doublons from events, even over many years. I am sure the only doublons I obtain, are doublons I pay for.

edit : if you open some premium "lootbox" crates, doublons can be among the "prizes", I don't recall standard (free) lootboxes in WOWS, containing much in the way of doublons.

So for example, a Black Friday Premium container which you can buy in the premium shop for cash, or in the armory for doublons, or recieve as a gift, contains one of the following:

Jean Bart B with permanent black camouflage, a Commander with 10 skill points, a Port slot, and a special combat mission for Jean Bart

Cossack B with permanent black camouflage, a Commander with 10 skill points, a Port slot, and a special combat mission for Cossack

Kaga B with permanent black camouflage, a Commander with 10 skill points, a Port slot, and a special combat mission for Kaga

Atlanta B with permanent black camouflage, a Commander with 10 skill points, a Port slot, and a special combat mission for Atlanta

1,250 doubloons

20x Shadow Lurker camouflage patterns

10x Type 59 camouflage patterns

14 days of Premium Account

35,000 Free XP

Standard containers (mission rewards for example)

offer far lower rewards with a far lower reward chance, the Black Friday Standard container offers as its possible doublon reward, 250 doublons. Which is a very rare drop from the standard container.

Edited by hateboat

[TSG4]
[TSG4]
Volunteer Moderator
3,252 posts
16,579 battles
18 minutes ago, hateboat said:

So for example, a Black Friday Premium

with the dub I got from my saving, I tried the sequential bundle, RNGodness are pretty BAD, I did not even get dub, just signal/camo, let a lone any Black ship/prem time/FXP

Now I was hoping from doing the missions to get something or anything from those Black crates.

• Cool 1

[-PVE-]
Members
294 posts
13,610 battles

As a F2P player I just bought Massachusetts Black with doubloons I had earned for free over the past 4 years. Yes, I have bought a few ships which were very good sales (under $10.) However, not sure this will be possible with the way management is running things now.   

Members
1,818 posts
27,079 battles

My sig gives my cred as a F2P player. Never-the-less I have:

• 48 premium ships
  • 1 special ship (Moskva)
  • 22 primary ships (perma-camo'd tech tree ships giving boosts to XP and credits)

Do mission sets, consider doubloons a precious commodity*, meaning hoard them and don't waste them on anything except hulls. Grab at least two boxes a day while doing the daily missions and always always choose resources because coal is lovely. Tiers 7 and 9 (in premiums and primaries) rain silver#, and Tier 10 boats are ONLY for snowflake-type events.

* Two examples:

1. Seeing Tier 8 as a tears tier, and with tier 9's Agir and Alaska in port already (and Bismarck already a primary ship), passing on both Odin and Anchorage as wastes-of-doubloons were no-brainers. Having Mushashi means passing on Hizen, too.
  2. Seeing Yahagi was a prize in the upcoming Dockyard event, and seeing that those with Yahagi in port would be comp'd 4000 doubloons, I used my 25% armory coupon to buy Yahagi for 3225 doubloons, thus, when I accomplish that Dockyard level I'll profit 775 doubloons! HOO-RA!

# I only buy tech tree ships during sales. I researched Minnesota this morning, but as it's not on sale, it joins the waiting list (up to 16 now).

P.S. I don't believe I've ever gotten a ship out of any box (SC, gift, etc., etc.). I did missions or entered contests for the golden wreaths.

Edited by theLaalaa

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
13,713 posts
57 minutes ago, hateboat said:

that's ok. Just wish I obtained 5000 doublons from events, even over many years. I am sure the only doublons I obtain, are doublons I pay for.

I've bought three high-tier permacamos with doubloons I got by just playing the game. I've currently saved up another 5000 but I'm waiting until the commander skill rework hits in order to see what "must have" ship it will need to go on.

Where do I get doubloons?  Well, the daily logon events usually give 250 or so doubloons and these occur frequently enough that they start to add up if you pay attention to them and at least log on once a day. Also and I've gotten more doubloons from campaigns, events, and supercontainers.   

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
15,133 posts
4,766 battles

I have Massachusetts and Atlanta.  Those are cash/dubs only.  I did not purchase them out of my pocket; I won Jean Bart in a Flambass giveaway (which apparently used up my karma for the rest of my life).  Since I already had JB for Coal, the Doubloons let me buy those two ships.  Other than the Premium sale at the new year, I'm about as F2P as one can get, of necessity.  So yes, it's possible to have good cash premiums and still be F2P.

Sign in to follow this