You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
SkaerKrow

Head's Up: No Armory Coupons work for Flint, Neustrashimy

60 comments in this topic

[SIM]
Members
5,591 posts
9,023 battles

In case anyone was planning on zipping home and using their soon-to-expire resource coupon on Flint or Neustrashimy, they're both locked in "Steel Legends" bundles and no coupon can be used for them. @Hapa_Fodder, this was intentional, yes? And not just a mistake based on the fact that they're filed in the "Featured" tab and not the "Ships" tab?

• Cool 2

[HTDGS]
Members
464 posts
10,924 battles

Of course it was intentional.  Why would they want to drain less of our resources?

(Psst, they're BOTH in the christmas crates as well.)

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[FRR]
Members
823 posts

They said both ships will be available for coal. 

They did not say both ships will be available for coal using the resources coupon. 

That way, for players who want it now, one option for them would be to buy more containers that contain (a slim chance) to get coal.

Wargaming wins!

• Haha 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
8,448 posts
12,406 battles

nvm, just noticed its on the "Featured" tab

Edited by tcbaker777

[SIM]
Members
5,591 posts
9,023 battles
3 minutes ago, tcbaker777 said:

i dont even have Flint showing up in my Armory,  WHERE IS MY BABY

Featured. It's not in Ships.

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
8,448 posts
12,406 battles
Just now, SkaerKrow said:

Featured. It's not in Ships.

yeah, just noticed that, my bad

[WPE-2]
Members
112 posts
1,013 battles

good to know they were released i was looking for them this morning to pick them up and couldn't find them in the ship section of the armory found the z .  i wasnt going to use a coupon anyway. 

[META_]
Members
193 posts
2,719 battles

Apparently they'll move to the Ships tab in update 0.10.0 and you'll be able to use a coupon on them then.  That was the official WG response on reddit at least.

• Cool 2
  • Thanks 1

[SIM]
Members
5,591 posts
9,023 battles
14 minutes ago, Fel0niusMonk said:

Apparently they'll move to the Ships tab in update 0.10.0 and you'll be able to use a coupon on them then.  That was the official WG response on reddit at least.

Cheers mate, thanks for clearing that up.

[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
4,319 posts
14,735 battles
9 minutes ago, SkaerKrow said:

Cheers mate, thanks for clearing that up.

Sorry, I haven't gotten to this topic,  but yes, after 0.10.0 they will be put into the "ships" section not the "featured" and they will be available.

-Hapa

[ARGSY]
Members
22,452 posts
16,322 battles
2 minutes ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

Sorry, I haven't gotten to this topic,  but yes, after 0.10.0 they will be put into the "ships" section not the "featured" and they will be available.

-Hapa

It's not a good look, Hapa.

You bring it back for coal? Fine. You bring it back without reservation. Especially at that price. Waving it in our faces three weeks before the midyear coupon expires and locking out use of that coupon is... well, rather Grinchy of them.

Maybe they looked at how few people still had their mid-year coupons after the introduction of Pommern, Shikishima, FDR and Marceau, and the Georgia/Thunderer withdrawal announcement on top of that, and decided it was a reasonable decision? IDK, but if that's so then IMHO they made a bad call.

I know you're just the messenger here, and it's not you I'm trying to shoot (proverbially), but I'd be remiss if I didn't indicate how I felt.

People are upset enough about the implications of the skills rework (concerning which one of the most important aspects - the cost of the 20th and 21st point - seems still to be an unknown); this is only going to make things look much worse.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1

[WG]
4,319 posts
14,735 battles
7 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

It's not a good look, Hapa.

You bring it back for coal? Fine. You bring it back without reservation. Especially at that price. Waving it in our faces three weeks before the midyear coupon expires and locking out use of that coupon is... well, rather Grinchy of them.

Maybe they looked at how few people still had their mid-year coupons after the introduction of Pommern, Shikishima, FDR and Marceau, and the Georgia/Thunderer withdrawal announcement on top of that, and decided it was a reasonable decision? IDK, but if that's so then IMHO they made a bad call.

I know you're just the messenger here, and it's not you I'm trying to shoot (proverbially), but I'd be remiss if I didn't indicate how I felt.

People are upset enough about the implications of the skills rework (concerning which one of the most important aspects - the cost of the 20th and 21st point - seems still to be an unknown); this is only going to make things look much worse.

If you look at the price of these ships, being what they are, since they used to be available for steel, this is the reason why.

To be frank, I totally understand why we did this. Because those players that worked to get the steel, shouldn't have their purchase devalued by allowing the community at this time to purchase them with a coupon. The coal price of them are higher than the coal price of equal tier and class ships in the Ships section of the armory. If we allowed people to use their coupons right now, their value would be the same.

Also, connecting something like a skill rework with premium ships being sold for in-game currency that can be earned for free is quite disingenuous. And there is no connection.

-Hapa 

• Cool 8
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 7

[HTDGS]
Members
464 posts
10,924 battles
15 minutes ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

If you look at the price of these ships, being what they are, since they used to be available for steel, this is the reason why.

To be frank, I totally understand why we did this. Because those players that worked to get the steel, shouldn't have their purchase devalued by allowing the community at this time to purchase them with a coupon. The coal price of them are higher than the coal price of equal tier and class ships in the Ships section of the armory. If we allowed people to use their coupons right now, their value would be the same.

Also, connecting something like a skill rework with premium ships being sold for in-game currency that can be earned for free is quite disingenuous. And there is no connection.

-Hapa 

People had the option to use a coupon for steel too.  That devalues the content to the people who paid full price for it in steel. 

Poor comparison.  

Edited by Dr_Drunk_AKA
  • Cool 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Meh 1

[ARGSY]
Members
22,452 posts
16,322 battles
12 minutes ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

The coal price of them are higher than the coal price of equal tier and class ships in the Ships section of the armory. If we allowed people to use their coupons right now, their value would be the same.

Speaking as someone who bought the Black for steel just before her withdrawal was announced, that doesn't bother me one bit. The value of the Neustrashimy with a coupon is already very close to that of most other Tier 9 coal ships without one and itself enough of a premium IMHO. I understand the reason for wanting to put a premium on these things, but to put a further one on up front and then water it down later seems a little misguided to me.

If WG chose to re-release the Black for 140,000 coal (ten times her steel price), yeah, that would be grossly undervaluing her. But putting her out for the same 228,000 that they're charging for the Z-44 certainly wouldn't feel like a slap to MY face.

12 minutes ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

Also, connecting something like a skill rework with premium ships being sold for in-game currency that can be earned for free is quite disingenuous.

Yes, they are nominally unrelated topics. However, they are related in ONE way, in that they appear not to be painting WG's decision makers in a very good light. Making too many such decisions close together strikes me as being not the best thing for public relations, that's all.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu
  • Cool 2

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
5,175 posts
22,715 battles
13 minutes ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

-Hapa 

I thought Dasha said in the patch release video that their coal price was 'adjusted' to give equal value in coal to what used to be the price in steel. Yet, when they were steel, we could use a coupon on them - but not now when they are for coal?

I worked for the steel to get Flint and Black and I'm happy to see others get ahold of them. It may have taken me longer to get them as I rarely never rank out. There is no devaluing of my work for others to get those ships, IMHO. The mechanics of the armory (used to) allow coupons for purchases. Now Neustrashimy and Flint are excluded from those mechanics. Bad form!

Like @Ensign_Cthulhu said, "I know you're just the messenger here, and it's not you I'm trying to shoot (proverbially), but I'd be remiss if I didn't indicate how I felt."

BTW, I, for one. look forward to the skill rework!

Edited by Khafni

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts

The whole idea that a past purchase is "devalued" by someone getting the same thing a year or more later for a lower price... is nonsense

And I say that as someone who has a Flint.  

• Cool 4
  • Thanks 2

[WG]
4,319 posts
14,735 battles
2 minutes ago, Dr_Drunk_AKA said:

People had the option to use a coupon for steel too.  They devalues the content to the people who payed full price for it in steel. 

Poor comparison.  

NO, it really doesn't considering the original currency was steel.

Now you're saying coupons in general devalue for those that don't have them, this argument does not work.

Neustra and Flint are at this time FEATURED resource ships. The coupons will be available to be utilized when 0.10.0 drops.

• Boring 3

[ARGSY]
Members
22,452 posts
16,322 battles
3 minutes ago, Khafni said:

BTW, I, for one. look forward to the skill rework!

I'd be interested to know what's attracting you about it in the face of all the furore. My opinion could best be regarded as "calmly ambivalent" right now. PM me or start another thread; there's no need to drag this one further off topic.

2 minutes ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

Neustra and Flint are at this time FEATURED resource ships. The coupons will be available to be utilized when 0.10.0 drops.

*sigh* Recalculating my sums. I'd been planning something of a coal-a-palooza this evening (Flint, Neustra, DOY), but something's going to have to give. I can get any two without dipping into steel, but not all three.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts

Oh, and I'd say there's a connection between this and the skill rebork. 

Anyone considering getting the Flint should take a long, careful look at what the rebork will do to small-gun cruisers. 

• Cool 1

[HTDGS]
Members
464 posts
10,924 battles
30 minutes ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

NO, it really doesn't considering the original currency was steel.

Now you're saying coupons in general devalue for those that don't have them, this argument does not work.

20.5k steel is 205k coal at 10 to 1 ratios. 

Artificially Inflating the price just so a few people don’t feel bad it’s really not cool of WG. 

Edited by Dr_Drunk_AKA
  • Cool 3
  • Meh 1

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
28,887 posts
25,120 battles

I am so glad I am not one of those guys that paid Steel for these two ships.

Then again I don't intend to get any of these two as Coal Ships, either.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Meh 1

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts
38 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

I am so glad I am not one of those guys that paid Steel for these two ships.

Then again I don't intend to get any of these two as Coal Ships, either.

I paid Steel for Flint, but I'm glad I got it when I did -- gave me a chance to actually enjoy it for most of a year, before the Rebork gives it a nasty back-door nerf.  

• Cool 2

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
28,887 posts
25,120 battles
6 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

I paid Steel for Flint, but I'm glad I got it when I did -- gave me a chance to actually enjoy it for most of a year, before the Rebork gives it a nasty back-door nerf.  

Flint shined in the RTS CV days.  Her AA was still great and the IFHE / Armor Update hadn't disemboweled small gun CLs yet.

[ANKER]
Members
1,421 posts
11,483 battles
1 hour ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

-Hapa 

That explanation flies like brick with with wings.

WG owns that devaluing when they pulled the ships from steel and shortly after make them available for coal....  sorry sir, but considering I'm one of those players who bought Flint weeks before the announcement, I don't particularly appreciate it when WG says they are protecting my interests when it's really a thinly veiled cost increase. 

Edited by YouSatInGum
  • Cool 4
  • Boring 1