You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Harley_Quinn1

Why must a person buy duplicate ships?

25 comments in this topic

[SQUAD]
Members
96 posts
13,607 battles

When I buy a ship I.E. the Cossack B or the Graf Zep B why is the mission bought with it only applicable to the non black version?  Why are people required to own both versions of what is essentially the exact same ship in order to get this mission accomplished?  This seems ridiculous to me.  It amounts to if you own this ship and you buy the black skin get a free mission?  Is that what is being sold?   If so it should be explicitly said that the combat mission is not for the ship being sold in this package.  This is just shadey.  2 years now this practice has been active.  Fix your verbiage.

shot-20.12.01_23.59.34-0007.jpg

shot-20.12.02_00.13.52-0468.jpg

Edited by Harley_Quinn1
  • Cool 2
  • Haha 3
  • Meh 2

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,799 posts
20,305 battles

The mission is a form of compensation for people who have the non B ships already and through whatever means get the B ships, be it purchased, a gift or from a container.

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Meh 2

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,799 posts
20,305 battles
2 minutes ago, Harley_Quinn1 said:

Where does it say that?

Here.

5377538.jpg

Think for a moment. Why else would they offer a mission for the non B version with the B version?

• Cool 1
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 1

[USCC2]
Members
6,274 posts
31 minutes ago, Harley_Quinn1 said:

When I buy a ship I.E. the Cossack B or the Graf Zep B why is the mission bought with it only applicable to the non black version?  Why are people required to own both versions of what is essentially the exact same ship in order to get this mission accomplished?  This seems ridiculous to me.  It amounts to if you own this ship and you buy the black skin get a free mission?  Is that what is being sold?   If so it should be explicitly said that the combat mission is not for the ship being sold in this package.  This is just shadey.  2 years now this practice has been active.  Fix your verbiage.

shot-20.12.01_23.59.34-0007.jpg

shot-20.12.02_00.13.52-0468.jpg

If you take the Atago as an example the B is $14 less than if you bought the original.

They perform exactly the same.

So why would WG allow a person to buy the B for $14 less AND then give them another $10 worth of Doubloons on top? Literally giving you a ship at over half the price of the normal one! Answer: they aren't.

Only last week they were selling the Takao version for something like $52.

In addition, as @Lert has stated the rules are very well stated, and there have been plenty of posts on the forum. :Smile_honoring:

• Cool 3

[SQUAD]
Members
96 posts
13,607 battles

I would expect a "Black Friday Sale Ship" to cost less than the original.  I bought many things at half price this last weekend without worrying about the verbiage of the print.  What I didn't do is buy an I phone for example and get Disney plus included that would only work on a Samsung because those customers wouldn't be defending a company that thought that was ok.

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Meh 4

[WOLF5]
Members
78 posts
2,576 battles

read3.thumb.jpg.cefc97a6d971ff302b4df7a899f8e0ae.jpg

Right above the combat mission, it states (in yellow) Cossack B is a standalone Premium ship and that her standard counterpart is Cossack, making it clear they are 2 different ships. It then explains the combat mission is for Cossack (in green) and not Cossack B (in red). Of course the wording could be better but it is right there in plain sight.

It makes no sense to sell a ship for 7350 doubloons, give you 2 months to win 5 matches in that ship, and give back 2500 doubloons when they could have just sold the ship for 4850 doubloons.  Apart from the most extreme circumstances like a coma or an exploding PC, no one is going to fail that mission, even tier 1 bots can grab 5 wins in 60 days.

• Cool 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Meh 2

[SQUAD]
Members
96 posts
13,607 battles

Well ADHD is not my friend some times.  This may have been one of them.  Enjoy this evening entertainment.

Members
196 posts
5,489 battles

Exception:  If you bought/won a Jean Bart "B" and are a newish player you can NOT complete the mission as WG does not sell the Jean Bart you need to complete it!  Making the mission USELESS!

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2

Members
196 posts
5,489 battles
50 minutes ago, Harley_Quinn1 said:

I would expect a "Black Friday Sale Ship" to cost less than the original.  I bought many things at half price this last weekend without worrying about the verbiage of the print.  What I didn't do is buy an I phone for example and get Disney plus included that would only work on a Samsung because those customers wouldn't be defending a company that thought that was ok.

I agree with you.

Other companies are selling items for 50% or more off during Black Friday sales.  Yet there are some here that think it is insane for WG to do this on a BF sale and think you are stupid for not seeing there was no B in the mission!

From what I have been told this has been going on for years and never fixed/changed to prevent "misunderstanding", that is WG (add your own expletive). 

• Cool 1
  • Meh 3

[WOLF5]
Members
78 posts
2,576 battles
5 minutes ago, Girlz_Day said:

Exception:  If you bought/won a Jean Bart "B" and are a newish player you can NOT complete the mission as WG does not sell the Jean Bart you need to complete it!  Making the mission USELESS!

WG is not selling you the mission though.  WG is selling you the Jean Bart B with the mission being an add-on, hence the big red "BONUS" label that is clearly visible on every black ship's page.  Kind of like those TV ads where they say "BUT WAIT, THERE"S MORE!!!" and add stuff that may or may not be useful to you.  The bonus may or may not be relevant to you, but they make it clear it is a bonus with the red label.  I would think the majority of newish players who didn't have Jean Bart and purchased Jean Bart B did so because they didn't have Jean Bart and really wanted a copy of a ship that is not directly obtainable anymore, NOT BECAUSE THEY REALLY WANTED TO SPEND $70.2 USD TO GET $10 USD IN DOUBLOONS AND 25K COAL.  THE BUNDLE IS CALLED "BLACK JEAN BART", NOT "2500 DOUBLOONS AND 25K COAL". 

If you are the type of person who won't buy something because you aren't satisfied with the entire bundle, that's fine and all but you don't need to go around calling the parts you aren't satisfied with "useless", that is just asking for the removal of the bonus altogether with nothing gained in return when they release Black Friday ships for 2021, which hurts some of the player base and helps none of the player base.

And if you won Jean Bart B and you are upset you can't complete the mission, you can always ask WG customer support to take back the Jean Bart B, the commander, the port slot, and the mission away in exchange for a replacement Black Friday container.  I'm sure they would be glad to do that exchange, as long as you haven't played any battles in Jean Bart B yet, and will ensure your replacement container will not contain anything valued over $70 USD.

• Cool 2
  • Meh 2

[PVE]
Members
7,337 posts
23,195 battles
2 hours ago, Harley_Quinn1 said:

Where does it say that?

"It" doesn't...& "it" never has.

In fact...at least 90% of the people that tell you that today were asking the same question (or at least agreeing w/how shady it was) when it happened to them (or just others) 2 years ago.

Who originally came up w/that analogy is unsure...but if you actually think about it...it surely doesn't take much common sense to figure out it definitely wasn't WG...as that would imply that there was something they did wrong in the 1st place to need to compensate for.

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[USCC2]
Members
6,274 posts
2 hours ago, Harley_Quinn1 said:

And the Atago B was/is less than the original; $14 less!

• Haha 1

[USCC2]
Members
6,274 posts
1 hour ago, Girlz_Day said:

Yes, you are quite right - but then that is why it is important to read what is in the bundle you are buying. In this case WG did inform the buyers.

• Cool 1
  • Meh 2

[WOLF8]
Members
7,646 posts
6,371 battles
37 minutes ago, KamiYanTouma said:

WG is not selling you the mission though.  WG is selling you the Jean Bart B with the mission being an add-on, hence the big red "BONUS" label that is clearly visible on every black ship's page.  Kind of like those TV ads where they say "BUT WAIT, THERE"S MORE!!!" and add stuff that may or may not be useful to you.  The bonus may or may not be relevant to you, but they make it clear it is a bonus with the red label.  I would think the majority of newish players who didn't have Jean Bart and purchased Jean Bart B did so because they didn't have Jean Bart and really wanted a copy of a ship that is not directly obtainable anymore, NOT BECAUSE THEY REALLY WANTED TO SPEND $70.2 USD TO GET $10 USD IN DOUBLOONS AND 25K COAL.  THE BUNDLE IS CALLED "BLACK JEAN BART", NOT "2500 DOUBLOONS AND 25K COAL". 

^ This, this, this.

I couldn't have said it better myself.

If anyone ended up getting a Black Friday version of a ship without the original counterpart, then I highly suggest them to just ignore the mission and go their own merry way. WG has already made it clear from the start that the missions aren't meant for such people, but rather for those who have the original versions prior to acquiring the BF versions, as a form of a partial compensation for getting a clone ship.

• Cool 2
  • Meh 2

[DEV_X]
Alpha Tester
2,561 posts
25,434 battles

It's like attack of the Karen's around here. They all want to see the WG manager because they cant use their expired coupon, but it's not their fault they read the date wrong!

Seriously, the entitlement here is astounding. There are plenty of issues to complain about but this is not one, if only people read the pertinent information.

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Meh 2

Members
196 posts
5,489 battles
16 hours ago, _WaveRider_ said:

Yes, you are quite right - but then that is why it is important to read what is in the bundle you are buying. In this case WG did inform the buyers.

What if you did not buy it and won it, equals useless mission.

Yes WG has "informed" the buyer so well that it keeps HAPPENING over YEARS and has not corrected or change as there would seem to be an issue...

Members
196 posts
5,489 battles
14 hours ago, Skuggsja said:

It's like attack of the Karen's around here. They all want to see the WG manager because they cant use their expired coupon, but it's not their fault they read the date wrong!

Seriously, the entitlement here is astounding. There are plenty of issues to complain about but this is not one, if only people read the pertinent information.

It's like the left side or your brain doesn't talk to the right side.

• Funny 1

[KOBK]
Members
381 posts
4,788 battles

Nah, this is just a try to get player to fall for the "oh, wg said that i need Atlanta to do the mission, but Atlanta B its the same ship as the regular Atlanta, so it should work too!" Stop defending wg, unless they pay you in that case keep defending them.

You would NEVER buy an Atlanta B if you have the original for the mission. And if you pull the random crates why wg would compensate you more than giving you the ship? Before they compensated people with droublons when you got a duplicated ship, i dont know if they do it anymore

[USCC2]
Members
6,274 posts
6 hours ago, Girlz_Day said:

What if you did not buy it and won it, equals useless mission.

Yes WG has "informed" the buyer so well that it keeps HAPPENING over YEARS and has not corrected or change as there would seem to be an issue...

Honestly, if you won it then you got it for free - so your argument now seems to be 'why has one piece of good fortune not automatically gifted me with another one?'.

In both your examples you are not seeing the B ship being cheaper (:cap_like:), the mission being compensation for those who have already bought the full price ship (:cap_like:), and that you were lucky enough to win a ship - free! (:cap_like:).

This is one of the few approaches WG have taken that seems to have good logic behind it AND very well explained - yet it is sill subject to some saying Gimme Gimme Gimme more. :Smile_facepalm: To 'want' more is fine, your prerogative, but to play the victim in this case seems a little poor.

• Thanks 2
  • Meh 1

[USCC2]
Members
6,274 posts
4 hours ago, Nabucodonosor21 said:

Nah, this is just a try to get player to fall for the "oh, wg said that i need Atlanta to do the mission, but Atlanta B its the same ship as the regular Atlanta, so it should work too!" Stop defending wg, unless they pay you in that case keep defending them.

You would NEVER buy an Atlanta B if you have the original for the mission. And if you pull the random crates why wg would compensate you more than giving you the ship? Before they compensated people with droublons when you got a duplicated ship, i dont know if they do it anymore

I'm sorry but you are obviously wrong. There are many people that buy every ship released, in regards to the B ships, they will receive a form of compensation.

I can't afford to do that and I just buy the B ship because it is the same as the normal one but cheaper! I read the purchase details and understand that I will not get further compensated for buying a cheaper ship.

It really is simple and the only defence here is the fact that it is all explained and should come as no surprise to those that can read. :Smile_honoring:

Edited by _WaveRider_
  • Cool 1

[DEV_X]
Alpha Tester
2,561 posts
25,434 battles
17 hours ago, Girlz_Day said:

It's like the left side or your brain doesn't talk to the right side.

Did I hurt your feelings? Sorry about that.

However, you're going to have to deal with it because it clearly states how the missions work in the article. 

• Haha 1
  • Meh 1

[KOBK]
Members
381 posts
4,788 battles
14 hours ago, _WaveRider_ said:

I'm sorry but you are obviously wrong. There are many people that buy every ship released, in regards to the B ships, they will receive a form of compensation.

I can't afford to do that and I just buy the B ship because it is the same as the normal one but cheaper! I read the purchase details and understand that I will not get further compensated for buying a cheaper ship.

It really is simple and the only defence here is the fact that it is all explained and should come as no surprise to those that can read. :Smile_honoring:

Yes, i know theres people who buys for THE SHIP, but i dont know people who buy the B ONLY for the mission. Putting a mission to be done with another identical ship in order to motivate people who already has the ship makes no sense, since they want the ship anyways and would have buy it even without the mission. Do you get my point?

So if the mission:
-Doesnt mean anything for those who want the ship and want the B version, with or without mission
-Doesnt work with the B ships, so you cant finish it IF you only want the B ship (new players who doesnt have the old version or people who just want the B version and doesnt care for the previous)

Whats the point of the mission? As i told before, the only point is to missguide people who fall in the "Atlanta B is the same as Atlanta, so it should work for the mission too". If you really want to motivate player with the normal missions of the ships, WG should have put some mechanic in wich once you get one B version it checks if you have the normal version. If the answer is yes, then the mission pops up and you have to do it with the B version since its the ship who triggered it. If the answer is not, then no mission appears.

Do i have to mention the Jean Bart mission in this topic? since new players who want both of the ships cant get the normal version, and by that they cant complete the mission

Edited by Nabucodonosor21

[USCC2]
Members
6,274 posts
On 12/3/2020 at 11:32 PM, Nabucodonosor21 said:

Yes, i know theres people who buys for THE SHIP, but i dont know people who buy the B ONLY for the mission. Putting a mission to be done with another identical ship in order to motivate people who already has the ship makes no sense, since they want the ship anyways and would have buy it even without the mission. Do you get my point?

So if the mission:
-Doesnt mean anything for those who want the ship and want the B version, with or without mission
-Doesnt work with the B ships, so you cant finish it IF you only want the B ship (new players who doesnt have the old version or people who just want the B version and doesnt care for the previous)

Whats the point of the mission? As i told before, the only point is to missguide people who fall in the "Atlanta B is the same as Atlanta, so it should work for the mission too". If you really want to motivate player with the normal missions of the ships, WG should have put some mechanic in wich once you get one B version it checks if you have the normal version. If the answer is yes, then the mission pops up and you have to do it with the B version since its the ship who triggered it. If the answer is not, then no mission appears.

Do i have to mention the Jean Bart mission in this topic? since new players who want both of the ships cant get the normal version, and by that they cant complete the mission

Well I can't disagree with your first point - as I bought a B ship because it was cheaper, read what I was getting, and didn't expect the mission to benefit me because I didn't have the original ship. I also do not know why a person would buy a B ship just for the mission either - to be honest it is so counterproductive (use the money you purchased the B ship for to buy Doubloons instead lol), I didn't think anyone would feel they would have to explain that point. On top of that - I know the mission is limited, so if I win the original ship in future - I know I won't get the mission (it will have expired, as the mission came with the B ship).

So the point of the mission (as stated by many) is to offer compensation to those that already had the original ship, wanted it in Black (but were essentially getting the same ship).  No misleading took place, as the details are on the same page as the buy button.

And don't be silly - what point is there in mentioning the issue with JB - if people can't read the details on the purchase page which explains the facts - what makes you think they will understand you talking about the same damn thing? :Smile_teethhappy:

It is really a simple issue of reading and understanding what you are about to buy. I'm sorry many did not understand when buying, but as silly as that makes them look - it is their own fault. :Smile_honoring:

Edited by _WaveRider_
  • Cool 1
  • Meh 1