You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
jondoom

Anime captains and Alt ships

10 comments in this topic

[NES]
Members
189 posts
4,140 battles

Do the anime captains (Jean Bart, etc) have specializations for the B / alt ships as well? 

Edited by jondoom

[WG-CC]
Members
248 posts
279 battles

No - a captain can only be trained for one ship at a time and the black edition of a ship is separate from the regular version.  The good news is that it doesn’t matter.  Since all the black edition ships are premiums, they can use any captain of the same nationality without retraining.  

So you can put the Azur Lane captain “Jean Bart” on Jean Bart B without any problems.

[META_]
Members
193 posts
2,729 battles

The anime ships are all premiums, so you can specialize the captains for whatever ship you want (of the same nation) and still use them on the anime ships.  The B ships are also premiums, so the same applies.

[MUDDX]
Banned
429 posts
1,082 battles
33 minutes ago, jondoom said:

specializations for the B / alt ships as well? 

as far as I can tell there are no black versions of tech tree ships. They are all the same as the regular premium ships they are modelled from. 

The only premium/special ships that are based on tech tree ships are most of the anime ships

[NES]
Members
189 posts
4,140 battles

For example, I have the Anime captain Jean Bart. I bought Jean Bart B. Does the specialization the captain has for Jean Bart carry over to Jean Bart B. 

[META_]
Members
193 posts
2,729 battles
5 minutes ago, jondoom said:

For example, I have the Anime captain Jean Bart. I bought Jean Bart B. Does the specialization the captain has for Jean Bart carry over to Jean Bart B. 

No, but it doesn't need to.  Jean Bart B is a premium ship, and premium ships can use any captain from their nation specialized for any ship without penalty.

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
5,175 posts
22,715 battles
24 minutes ago, jondoom said:

I think the terminology is a bit off. The Anime captain is trained for Jean Bart. His specialization, or skills, do not matter when moving him from one ship to another. What matters is if:

1. You decide to move Jean Bart to Lyon. You have to retrain him (dubs, credits, ECXP) because Lyon is a tech tree ship. His specialization can stay the same or you can reset the skills (dubs or ECXP) and assign new ones.

2. You decide to move Jean Bart to Jean Bart B. NO retraining needed because Jean Bart B is a premium ship. Also, his specialization can stay the same or you can reset the skills (dubs or ECXP) and assign new ones.

3. You decide to move Jean Bart to any other type of French tech tree ship such as a DD or CA. You have to retrain him (dubs, credits, ECXP) because Lyon is a tech tree ship. His specialization can stay the same or you can reset the skills (dubs or ECXP) and assign new ones.

4. You decide to move Jean Bart to any other French premium ship of any type (DD - Aigle, CL - DeGrasse, etc). NO retraining needed because those ships are premium ships. Also, his specialization can stay the same or you can reset the skills (dubs or ECXP) and assign new ones (which you might want to do if you change ship types.)

5. You decide to move Jean Bart to a ship of any other nation. You cannot. You are only allowed to captain a nation's ships with that nation's captains. The sole exception is one of the Alexander Ovechkin commanders who can captain either a Russian or US ship.

Hope this helps.

Edited by Khafni

[WOLF8]
Members
7,646 posts
6,371 battles

Only the tech tree ships require retraining and specialization. Premium ships are just bugger all, and can take in anybody freely, without any retraining or what not. And those anime collab ships and the Black Friday ships are considered as Premium ships, so there's no need to worry about such things.

SuperTest Coordinator, Beta Testers
6,673 posts
12,154 battles

Premium ships do not require specialization. Jean Bart will work cleanly on any ship with the Premium Laurel Icon.

[REVY]
Members
2,580 posts
13,901 battles
13 hours ago, jondoom said:

quick run down

I have the Azur Lane Enterprise and Kaga captains.

If you have those ships and there was no captain on them, they would drop right in with no problems.

I actually assigned the Enterprise captain to the Lexington and the Kaga to the Shokaku and rotated them between those ships and the premium Enterprise/Kaga to quickly pump them up to 19pt captains. Now they can still captain their premium ship selves, but they are technically 'trained' for the tech tree CVs at T8. If I wanted to move Enterprise to Saipan, I could because Saipan is a premium and there would be no re-training issue. But if I wanted to put Enterprise on Midway, she would have to be 're-trained' in order to captain that ship.