You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
unpocoloco

Black Friday Combat Missions

19 comments in this topic

[ROTTN]
[ROTTN]
Members
6 posts
2,838 battles

Whenever I go to Combat Missions and select Black Friday, I seethe mission counter and associated info, but I have played my Sims B awarded through my Verizon Black Friday container for WAY over 5 battles, yet nothing ever moves.

Whassup with that?

Screenshot (4).png

• Cool 1
  • Haha 1
  • Meh 2

[JHF]
[JHF]
Members
263 posts
5,019 battles

You need to play the appropriate ship.  I know this sounds ridiculous, but that mission is for "Sims", not "Sims B".  I had that happen to me before.  I just did a refund and sorted it out.  

[O_O]
Members
6,894 posts
16,526 battles

The ship you have is Sims B.  That is not the same ship as Sims (functionally the same, but separate...like Fujin and Kamikaze R).

[TSG4]
[TSG4]
Volunteer Moderator
3,252 posts
16,579 battles
17 minutes ago, unpocoloco said:

Whassup with that?

The mission stated that you need to play the Sim

Sim Black or Sim B is not the right ship to play

[JHF]
[JHF]
Members
263 posts
5,019 battles

The devil is in the details.  In the package you get Sims B and a special mission for Sims.  They should add  "NOT SIMS B, the ship you are buying, but literally another Sims. So if you want the mission to pay out you need to already own a Sims or have to buy it". 

• Cool 1

[DDCO]
Members
178 posts
11,334 battles

Same thing happen to me. WG makes sure this detail is not " obvious ". They have apparently been doing this for years, but since I rarely buy ships...it's news to me. I'm going to try get my doubs back. I don't want to spend 7500 on the Atago. 

• Cool 1
  • Haha 1

[DDCO]
Members
178 posts
11,334 battles

One guy posted this on my thread on the same subject he's exactly correct. 

""""I did the same as original poster stated and NO when you glance at it from online and click the link to Purchase there are NO straight forward examples or explanations.

Simply clicked the Black Friday link and seen Black Fleet. Then take to Purchase screen again with no extra explanation as the special people have rammed down others throats.

I bought the 4 ship combo with seeing 2500 per ship and Jean Bart getting 25,000 Coal. Not expecting to have to think any further and NOT see the "B" after each name.

This is my first time seeing Black Friday deals as have not played a year yet.

This is very deceptive and I should expect this actually from any gaming companies."""

I think, if you ask nicely, you can get a refund. I asked for one....as a premium player for 5 years with never filing a complaint,  I should hope they give me one. 

Edited by Renuz
  • Meh 1

[HOPAS]
Members
174 posts
20,582 battles

I got the Atlanta B in a crate & got the mission for the 2500 doubloons with 5 wins......Thanks Wargaming!!!
BUT it dosen't work.
So I need to buy the Atlanta to work the mission????? WTH is that?????

[DDCO]
Members
178 posts
11,334 battles
16 minutes ago, Unacceptable_1 said:

I got the Atlanta B in a crate & got the mission for the 2500 doubloons with 5 wins......Thanks Wargaming!!!
BUT it dosen't work.
So I need to buy the Atlanta to work the mission????? WTH is that?????

You have to play the mission in the normal...regular Atago to get the 2500 doubs.....that's their gimmick....it's bullsheets

Edited by Renuz
  • Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[FACT]
Members
7 posts
30,703 battles

Yes same con on me,  bought the black atlanta but am not allowed bonus mission.  After filing a ticket I was informed you had to buy a regular Atlanta for mission. No where does it say that and that only becomes known after you purchase. Mentioned that was not what the ad implied,  they said to bad.

I am somewhat relieved to see I wasn't the only  moron scammed

I've spent 5 years playing 30,000 games and about 1200$ during that period.

Never going to get another nickle out of me now.  Good job

Scammers

• Cool 2

[FACT]
Members
7 posts
30,703 battles
6 hours ago, Renuz said:

One guy posted this on my thread on the same subject he's exactly correct. 

""""I did the same as original poster stated and NO when you glance at it from online and click the link to Purchase there are NO straight forward examples or explanations.

Simply clicked the Black Friday link and seen Black Fleet. Then take to Purchase screen again with no extra explanation as the special people have rammed down others throats.

I bought the 4 ship combo with seeing 2500 per ship and Jean Bart getting 25,000 Coal. Not expecting to have to think any further and NOT see the "B" after each name.

This is my first time seeing Black Friday deals as have not played a year yet.

This is very deceptive and I should expect this actually from any gaming companies."""

I think, if you ask nicely, you can get a refund. I asked for one....as a premium player for 5 years with never filing a complaint,  I should hope they give me one. 

I asked also, but no no no

• Cool 1

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,026 posts
27,715 battles

A warning about this was posted in the forum and was at the top page for a few days. 

Multiple players come here and complain about the same thing.

While it can be confusing, WG has written it at the bottom of the page

pH7Du6c.jpg

[ALS]
Members
112 posts
9,503 battles

Stupid crap is turning players off.  If you buy the bloody thing, give us the mission.  It's that simple.  Happy players are more than willing to part with their cash.  Unhappy plays complain loudly and driver others away.  Less profit.

• Cool 1

[CAM]
Members
4 posts

bought black Massachusetts yesterday for 9300 doubs thinking I could "recapture" 2500 with the special mission...seems I am not alone in being duped by nefarious marketing practices, I really can't understand why a company would jeopardise their future by infuriating their player base. Would I have purchased a black version of a ship I already owned?  Will I now purchase the "regular" Massachusetts in order to complete the 2500 doubloon mission?

Caveat emptor.....I wont get fooled again......shame on you  WG

• Cool 1

[FACT]
Members
7 posts
30,703 battles
On 12/2/2020 at 4:56 AM, GiJoe_Steely said:

I asked also, but no no no

No refund or considerations were given.

Don't bite the hand that feeds you!

And, I guess, as mentioned, buyer beware. 

This term means that the buyer assumes the risk that a product may fail to meet expectations or have defects.

Now, that's good business

[WG]
Administrator, Developers
1,776 posts
10,580 battles
On 12/1/2020 at 8:39 PM, wooserloop said:

The devil is in the details.  In the package you get Sims B and a special mission for Sims.  They should add  "NOT SIMS B, the ship you are buying, but literally another Sims. So if you want the mission to pay out you need to already own a Sims or have to buy it". 

image.png

Please make sure you select the correct version of the Sims to complete this combat mission.

#anchorsaweigh