You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
AVR_Project

Suspicious Incoming Network Connections Blocked...

14 comments in this topic

[GWG]
Members
7,304 posts
14,089 battles

Seems the hackers are riding the update and trying to pry their way into my systems.

Trying to open a port 6881 through various non-repeating IP addresses.  McAfee is shutting them down.

UpdateHack.jpg

• Meh 1

SuperTest Coordinator, Beta Testers
6,673 posts
12,154 battles

Port 6881 is typically used for Peer-2-Peer file downloads, which is commonly used by game launchers to speed up file downloads. You can disable the use of it in your Wargaming center settings but it is typically faster than the traditional single source download method and updates will take significantly longer.

[HINON]
Members
13,848 posts
10 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

Na, its your anti-virus company scaring you with false positives.

This ^

[GWG]
Members
7,304 posts
14,089 battles
3 hours ago, Navalpride33 said:

Na, its your anti-virus company scaring you with false positives.

These are the only instances of this -- during updates.  Also  looks like whenever I start up the game as well.

And why a different IP every time ?????  This is not Standard Business Practice.

And so these are BLOCKED..  And the game loads/Updates are done anyway.

This is simply wrong.

• Confused 1

[WORX]
Members
12,073 posts
19,529 battles
3 minutes ago, AVR_Project said:

These are the only instances of this -- during updates.  Also  looks like whenever I start up the game as well.

And why a different IP every time ?????  This is not Standard Business Practice.

And so these are BLOCKED..  And the game loads/Updates are done anyway.

This is simply wrong.

Blame your Virus protection company.

According to the hacker community, your a low priority target... No need to be paranoid.

[GWG]
Members
7,304 posts
14,089 battles
3 hours ago, Compassghost said:

Port 6881 is typically used for Peer-2-Peer file downloads, which is commonly used by game launchers to speed up file downloads. You can disable the use of it in your Wargaming center settings but it is typically faster than the traditional single source download method and updates will take significantly longer.

It IS disabled...   Again, this makes these attempts highly suspicious.

For every one person on the Internet trying to help me, there are hundreds running autonomous programs trying to hack me.  That's reality.

They do this behind firewalls without consequences, routing data through 4-5 countries to mask their actual location.  They ARE out there.  It's not paranoia.

[MUDDX]
Banned
429 posts
1,082 battles
1 minute ago, AVR_Project said:

Again, this makes these attempts highly suspicious.

I wonder why mcafee and windows defender arent doing the same thing. I have accounts on all 4 regions.

[GWG]
Members
7,304 posts
14,089 battles
3 hours ago, Compassghost said:

I don't know why I do these things....   When I was disabling all this stuff from earlier lockups last month - I also changed this too.  I guess the hackers have a copy of the game too.  

I can't remember...  was it supposed to be 6881?

hak1.jpg

Supertester
4,164 posts
4,643 battles
47 minutes ago, Mudd_H_F__XX said:

I wonder why mcafee and windows defender arent doing the same thing. I have accounts on all 4 regions.

because windows defender is much better and actually not malware, unlike mcafee 

[MUDDX]
Banned
429 posts
1,082 battles
12 minutes ago, Noshiro_ said:

because windows defender is much better and actually not malware, unlike mcafee 

They are both active on my compu and mcafee on my smart phone connection through T mobile

[77ARC]
Beta Testers
256 posts

In the Update window click on No Uploading.  This keeps your machine from advertising and supplying updates to other computers.

• Cool 1