You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
o4x4

No more Victory Bonuses

32 comments in this topic

[W-P-E]
[W-P-E]
Members
335 posts
24,120 battles

Didn't notice in PT about this one.  Guess have to wait till tomorrow to find out more.

Battle Performance Bonuses

An alternative option is opening up for you to get Research Points for resetting ship branches, as well as temporary victory bonuses. All you need to do now is earn 300 base XP. Claim bonuses by playing your favorite battle type!

"Victory Bonuses" have been replaced with "Battle Performance Bonuses" across all descriptions in the game client.

[WWJWD]
Beta Testers
254 posts
9,568 battles

I've read this about 5 times and can't make sense of it.  (Not your post, the piece from the changelog).  I have no idea what it means.

[META_]
Members
169 posts
2,646 battles

My understanding is that this applies to things like the snowflake event (as well as earning the RB points on lines that you've reset).  Rather than requiring a win, you just have to earn 300 bxp.  It's a good thing.  Not sure if this will apply to the normal 50% first win bonus as well, but I don't think so since it does specify that it's for RB points and temporary victory bonuses.

[BUOY]
Members
1,123 posts
15,507 battles

You can do either. A win in co-op with 200 BXP will STILL count now just as a loss in randoms with 400 BXP.

SuperTest Coordinator, Beta Testers
6,644 posts
12,047 battles

I believe this was installed in relation to previous events we had where people would flood the co-op queue with all their event-reward ships and then go AFK and expect the rest of the team to carry them. Now, you can still do it in co-op, but you can't AFK in spawn and go through 200+ ships and back to port over and over.

• Cool 2

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,026 posts
27,715 battles

Snowflake event. 

They want to give players an incentive to play in randoms instead of spamming co op.

[GOB]
Members
2,485 posts
38 minutes ago, Compassghost said:

I believe this was installed in relation to previous events we had where people would flood the co-op queue with all their event-reward ships and then go AFK and expect the rest of the team to carry them. Now, you can still do it in co-op, but you can't AFK in spawn and go through 200+ ships and back to port over and over.

This is SUCH a GOOD thing!! 

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,313 posts
17,497 battles
1 hour ago, Compassghost said:

Yeah this is what I would do... well minus the AFK part lol. COOP was the only realistic way I could get thru my fleet in a snow flake event. I love this change Now I can finish the snowflake without sacrificing XP and credits. I would say that 99% of the coop battles that I have are because of a mission or flake event.

• Cool 2

[CO-OP]
Members
2,285 posts
26,698 battles
1 hour ago, Compassghost said:

I thought that the snowflake requirement was win OR it the base XP.  If the former is still true, you could still go AFK in co-op.

SuperTest Coordinator, Beta Testers
6,644 posts
12,047 battles
4 minutes ago, HamptonRoads said:

I thought that the snowflake requirement was win OR it the base XP.  If the former is still true, you could still go AFK in co-op. 

It may be both, in which case, oof ._.

[KMS]
[KMS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,680 posts
12,225 battles

Dang I would go in Co-op and fight and kill stuff because it was quick.. never thought of going AFK...Genius! 

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
1,722 posts
5,375 battles
1 hour ago, Nachoo31 said:

Dang I would go in Co-op and fight and kill stuff because it was quick.. never thought of going AFK...Genius! 

Don't do it.

You run the risk of being reported as AFK so much that there may be game punishments issued to your account. Its not worth it.

It dont take me but a couple hours to run all of my ships through Coop. Just show up and fight and maybe sink something.

[INTEL]
Members
3,363 posts
18,326 battles

This means that even low and mid tier Random losses can count as long as you do well.  It's not a must to go into Co-Op.

[ARS]
Beta Testers
5,275 posts
5,775 battles

For things like snowflakes I like this.  If this includes the daily 50%(sometimes 100% or even 200%) boost for a ship's first win of the day, then I definitely don't like it.  I want that boost applied to the higher EXP total obtained from a win rather than on a loss' lower EXP value.

Edited by Helstrem

[A-I-M]
Members
3,571 posts
14,440 battles

Even if it’s an either/or for 300 BXP or a win, it still won’t steer me to randoms to knock off snowflakes. And I’m a PVP/random main.

It’s simple: It’s the grind time.

I have about 140 ships. At five minutes per co-op battle, that is nearly 12 hours of grind time to clear them all, via a win in co-op. I’m not interested in anything that extends the snowflake grind time beyond what it has previously been.

It could be argued that I could save some time by going to randoms for the ships that I would normally play in randoms, and that might be true, but only in the “net” time sense; the snowflake grind time, considered by itself, would only stretch out. Further, the fact is that the majority of my ships are port queens, and another subset of my ships are only only in co-op rotation.

And if getting a coal or steel ship is on the line during snow/anniversary flake time, I have no desire to stretch out the acquisition time.

Also: lots of these port queen/co-op only ships of mine have captains that are not up to snuff for randoms. I’m not taking them to randoms, and I’m not spending ECXP to ready their captains for randoms, particularly in light of the impending captain skill rework.

• Thanks 1

[SALVO]
Members
25,806 posts
28,064 battles
4 hours ago, Erebthoron said:

Snowflake event. 

They want to give players an incentive to play in randoms instead of spamming co op.

If they want to give regular random players an incentive to play randoms rather than spamming coop, maybe they shouldn't force you to win battles to get the snow  flake.  Maybe set it up so that, let's say, on Christmas, you  automatically get the rewards for having the ships in your port.  That's just one possible idea.

A big part of the problem for some players is that some have VERY large ports with upwards of 300 or so ships, and that's just too much effort to try to get all your snowflake wins when your WR is, let's say, around 50%.    We might all be better off if they got rid of snow flake events and gave us a truly free premium ship, around tier 7 or 8.  It could be a premium ship created as a Christmas give away.  Or perhaps give every player a special Christmas container where there was only one prize, a free premium ship, but the exact ship would be randomly selected from a list so that you didn't get a ship you already possessed, but there was also some degree of surprise to the free ship.

Anyways, just some thoughts.  I'm not looking forward to having to knock off all of these flakes, since I have almost 300 ships in my port.

[ARGSY]
Members
22,236 posts
16,189 battles
25 minutes ago, Crucis said:

If they want to give regular random players an incentive to play randoms rather than spamming coop, maybe they shouldn't force you to win battles to get the snow  flake. 

They have done exactly what you suggest - this time around, you can get it with a win of any magnitude in co-op, or you can get it with 300 base XP or better in Randoms, win, lose or draw.

I haven't been in too many co-op losses when I pulled down more than 300 base XP, but technically that would do it as well.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

[SALVO]
Members
25,806 posts
28,064 battles
1 minute ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

They have done exactly what you suggest - this time around, you can get it with a win of any magnitude in co-op, or you can get it with 300 base XP or better in Randoms, win, lose or draw.

Arguably, this is an improvement.  But it's still a boatload of work to earn all of the snowflakes when you have upwards of 300 ships in your port.

[ARGSY]
Members
22,236 posts
16,189 battles
Just now, Crucis said:

Arguably, this is an improvement.  But it's still a boatload of work to earn all of the snowflakes when you have upwards of 300 ships in your port.

That's a problem with fleet size. You're too successful for your own good! :Smile_veryhappy:

You want to do it the old fashioned reliable quick way by spamming wins in co-op, that way is still open to you. But those who prefer not to do that can now take their ships into Randoms and pretty much be guaranteed 300 base XP unless they play absolutely awfully or get killed early by a random Hail-Mary shot.

What this eliminates is those matches which are twenty full minutes of blood, sweat and tears, only for some kill-greedy noob to blow it for your team at the last second and send you home without your snowflake knocked off.

[WOLFG]
Members
31,245 posts
9,606 battles
5 hours ago, Compassghost said:

It may be both, in which case, oof ._.

It can't hurt though. I'm sure there's plenty of people who would rather stick to their preferred game type.

I mean, I would rather get my T8+ snowflakes in Ransoms, so I can continue accumulating XP/credits in the fashion to which I am accustomed.

[0456]
Members
3,824 posts
10,091 battles
7 hours ago, Erebthoron said:

Snowflake event. 

Well a coop game is done in about 6 minutes and only the worst random games are done that quickly... so from a time perspective I guess I will work on getting my coop win rate up to 98% 

Edited by _ENO_

[INTEL]
Members
3,363 posts
18,326 battles

I'm not going to play upwards of 300 games of Co-Op to knock off snowflakes.  My sanity is already severely limited.

Being able to play many of the ships in Random with a much better than 55% chance of getting it done is a very welcome change.

[FOXEH]
Members
1,944 posts
12,750 battles
8 hours ago, Crucis said:

It’s not T5 and up for snowflakes, isn’t it?  

either way, it’s a first world problem.  

[1984]
Members
4,452 posts
21,485 battles

This is great, although coop is still the most efficient way to do the snowflakes since random battles are slow paced and drag on, whereas coop battles are much shorter.