Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
crazyferret23777

Santa container question

28 comments in this topic

[WOLF7]
Members
79 posts
2,440 battles

The only place I saw the list of ships was in the Dasha parova video that was in the news update top left corner this morning.

[WOLF6]
Members
201 posts
8,530 battles

When they release Friday, they'll likely have a list there. They usually post one when the boxes go for sale. Expect the 86 from last year plus the premiums released this year. 

[AUG]
Members
27 posts
7,444 battles
11 minutes ago, fourteenfour said:

wonder how dupe protection will work if at all in this new round?

I assume it will be the same as always with these crates - if you roll a ship you already have you'll get a Supercontainer with a different ship from the list.

[PVE]
Members
12,861 posts
26,863 battles
1 hour ago, gristle111 said:

Wargaming.net Game Center 2020-12-01 1_12_36 PM.png

Interesting. Both Flint and Neustrashimy make the crates. I have Flint but was going to get Neustrashimy with Coal tomorrow. May as well wait now as I have 99% of the ships that can drop (assuming the few new premiums from this year I don't have are added) so if I get a ship drop it will reroll for one of the couple I don't have. 

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Cool 2

[PVE]
Members
12,861 posts
26,863 battles
1 minute ago, Reverend_Bunny said:

I assume it will be the same as always with these crates - if you roll a ship you already have you'll get a Supercontainer with a different ship from the list.

I "think" maybe what they meant was if you have all the ships will it give a duplicate we get doubloons for or reroll for something else non-ship like they did last year for the 1st time. Maybe this year's BF was a hint at what will come which is duplicates are allowed with a flat doubloon rate as compensation.

• Thanks 1

[7AES]
Members
2,155 posts
33,303 battles

Of all those listed I don't have Fujin, Enterprise, Neustrashimy and Benham.

Dollars to donuts if I get a ship from a Mega Gift it will be Enterprise which is useless to me.

[A-I-M]
Members
3,685 posts
23,779 battles

Caveat emptor. The drop rate has been going down over the last few years. Several years ago, it was positively lavish. 

[PVE]
Members
12,861 posts
26,863 battles
50 minutes ago, Wye_So_Serious said:

Dollars to donuts if I get a ship from a Mega Gift it will be Enterprise which is useless to me.

Enterprise as a T8 earns Steel in many flake events.

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Cool 1

[AUG]
Members
27 posts
7,444 battles

It was pretty good for me last year, but I don't recommend the crates as an effective method for building a fleet of rare premiums unless 1) you really want them, 2) you can really afford to buy crates, 3) you are willing to deal with the likelihood you don't get exactly what you want.

Like @BearlyhereBear said - it's where I got most of my rare ships, but your mileage will definitely vary.

[7AES]
Members
2,155 posts
33,303 battles
14 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Enterprise as a T8 earns Steel in many flake events.

Yes it does. Not a fan of CVs at all. Had to play Kaga (container ship) for Kaga B 2500 dub mission (container ship). Add to that the other container CVs I received (Saipan, Graf Zep, Ark Royal), that's 5 CV battles I'll already have do for the events.

Just noticed I have Weser and Furious in port. Need to sell those ASAP.

[PVE]
Members
12,861 posts
26,863 battles
11 minutes ago, Wye_So_Serious said:

Yes it does. Not a fan of CVs at all. Had to play Kaga (container ship) for Kaga B 2500 dub mission (container ship). Add to that the other container CVs I received (Saipan, Graf Zep, Ark Royal), that's 5 CV battles I'll already have do for the events.

Just noticed I have Weser and Furious in port. Need to sell those ASAP.

The T6 CV's will be worth 500 Coal each this year during the Christmas Snowflake event.

[WOLF5]
Members
906 posts
36,292 battles
2 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Interesting. Both Flint and Neustrashimy make the crates. I have Flint but was going to get Neustrashimy with Coal tomorrow. May as well wait now as I have 99% of the ships that can drop (assuming the few new premiums from this year I don't have are added) so if I get a ship drop it will reroll for one of the couple I don't have. 

Yep, definitely wait until we see how they handle duplicate ships. If they don't reroll or "give" you a fraction of their value in tokens ala black friday ships, that is going to dramatically change the number of Christmas crates that will be purchased. 

• Cool 2

[O_O]
Members
6,897 posts
16,536 battles
2 hours ago, Wye_So_Serious said:

Keep in mind, that screen capture is only a partial list and only shows Rare and Tier 9 ships.  Below that you can barely see the "other ships" heading.

Edited by desmo_2

[PVE]
Members
12,861 posts
26,863 battles
9 minutes ago, h9k_a said:

Yep, definitely wait until we see how they handle duplicate ships. If they don't reroll or "give" you a fraction of their value in tokens ala black friday ships, that is going to dramatically change the number of Christmas crates that will be purchased. 

IMO, they need to at least do what they did for BF this year. Last year's (2019) system where you flat out could not get a duplicate was awful. It screwed people like me, royally, who had all the ships that could drop and gave no incentive whatsoever to buy crates.  I am sorry but having a ship drop when you have them all, and rerolling for some crap Frosty Fir camo, is not ok with me.

IMO what they "should do" is if you get a ship you already have then reroll for one you don't. IF you have all the available ships then you get the ship that originally dropped and either it's actual value in doubloons or at least the 2500 flat compensation like with BF 2020 (and of course the 10pt Capt and port slot too which have real value).

[FOXY]
Members
1,211 posts
5,765 battles
2 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

Keep in mind, that screen capture is only a partial list and only shows Rare and Tier 9 ships.  Below that you can barely see the "other ships" heading.

Tis a shame they dont have the list out yet :(

[FOXY]
Members
1,211 posts
5,765 battles
1 minute ago, AdmiralThunder said:

IMO, they need to at least do what they did for BF this year. Last year's (2019) system where you flat out could not get a duplicate was awful. It screwed people like me, royally, who had all the ships that could drop and gave no incentive whatsoever to buy crates.  I am sorry but having a ship drop when you have them all, and rerolling for some crap Frosty Fir camo, is not ok with me.

IMO what they "should do" is if you get a ship you already have then reroll for one you don't. IF you have all the available ships then you get the ship that originally dropped and either it's actual value in doubloons or at least the 2500 flat compensation like with BF 2020 (and of course the 10pt Capt and port slot too which have real value).

They did that with the Kreigsmarine crates, its how i got the Admiral Hipper, not sure why they havent done that since.

[PVE]
Members
12,861 posts
26,863 battles
5 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

It shows a few others and then there is a link to see all the ships. Here is the rest of what it actually shows in the video...

Image1.jpg

Edited by AdmiralThunder

[GOB]
Members
2,485 posts
19 minutes ago, h9k_a said:

giphy (2).gif

Edited by Col_Nasty

[TSG4]
[TSG4]
Volunteer Moderator
3,253 posts
16,579 battles

From my understanding and previous experiences, how they roll the % chance on the Santa Mega Crates, 1st they need to determine if it roll a ship or 1 of many other freebies, so let say this year WG decided to throw in camo/singal like always, and all together you have 9 items, this and the ship make 10. So the crate had to a 1/10 chance of it going to drop. Then inside that 1/10 of the prem ship, it dice going to roll to see if you get the prem from the normal list or the rare list, so that 1/2 chance. If the chance of getting a t8, t7 then the chance going to be smaller. For argument sack, the Mega Crate will drop t9/t8/t7/t6/t5, so instead of 1/2, it going to be 1/6

If it decided on the normal list, the chance of getting A prem ship is 1/12 for a t9

(Subsequently chance of getting t8 --> count how many t8 prem ships available but it going to be too much math. just stick with t9 and the rare ship to calculate your chances)

Then, continue on, if it roll a t9 prem ship, it going to see if your account had the ship or not, so that 1/2. If you don't have the ship, great. that particular crate will give you the crate. However the next crate, will be 1/11 because that ship will be gone of the list.

If WG decided to reward you as it will move on to the next available prem ship that you don't have

therefore general formula we can get is (only work if your acnt do not have any prem ship, if you do have the t9 prem ship, then minus the denominator):

1/10 x 1/6 x 1/2 x 1/12 = .....  this is your first ever Mega Santa Crate

1/10 x 1/6 x 1/2 x 1/11 =  .......... your second crates

and so forth

This only look into probability of t9 Prem Ship, with the best possible outcome that RNG on your side, and each time, dice roll and you are getting a t9 Prem ship. But we all know that RNGodness and how she work ... not all the time will be in your favour.

You then need to calculate the chance of t8/t7/t6/t5 and ships in the rare list.

That why, players on forum always said that if you get any prem ship and you don't like it, don't delete it, keep it there for the Mega Santa Crate so to eliminate it chance going to drop and reduce your chance of getting other ship that you really want.

Hope this will help you all out

[_AFW_]
Members
99 posts
7,233 battles
2 hours ago, ObiphanKenobi said:

That why, players on forum always said that if you get any prem ship and you don't like it, don't delete it, keep it there for the Mega Santa Crate so to eliminate it chance going to drop and reduce your chance of getting other ship that you really want.

Hope this will help you all out

Ya that's why I never sell a premium ship I get. only need Flint  Neustrashimy and pommern from the list showing. Hopefully I don't need  many of the other offerings too lol. I went hard last year and got a bunch. Pretty good drop rate all things considered. 

[WOLF9]
Members
985 posts
21,630 battles

Probably gonna just buy a few crates of each type.  I only see maybe 4-5 ships I would want anyways.  Maybe get some dragon signals, or coal or steel.

Sign in to follow this