You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Renuz

Mission Glitch on Atago Black ???

54 comments in this topic

[DDCO]
Members
178 posts
11,350 battles

So I bought an Atago Black as part of the Black friday sales even. It came with a mission to get 2500 doubs back after winning 5 battles. 

I've won a few battles yet, have not registered a win in the mission. Upon closer inspection. WoWS gave me a mission for the  REGULAR Atago...so my wins don't count. 

I can not possibly complete this mission. 

wth ...WG? 

I'll put in a support ticket...just a heads up for ya'll. 

Edited by Renuz
  • Funny 1
  • Haha 3
  • Meh 4

[SIM]
Members
5,587 posts
9,012 battles

The mission only exists to compensate players who own the original version of a ship, and that obtain the cloned Black version of the same ship. It's not a bug, and it's pretty clearly indicated on the purchase screen.

• Cool 4

[DDCO]
Members
178 posts
11,350 battles

I'll have to look at the purchase screen then. 

I suspect...It's not " pretty clearly indicated on the purchase screen " ...tho

Edited by Renuz
  • Haha 1
  • Meh 4

[REVY]
Members
8,146 posts
6,118 battles
On 11/28/2020 at 6:03 PM, Sventex said:

Indication 1:

image.thumb.png.36b6220ee9a74d7e30e05ccd

Indication 2:

image.thumb.png.56782034689d762e7b741290

Indication 3:

Untitled.jpg.dfc85ab9573762b033180721c6f

Indication 4:

2079753049_JeanBartB.jpg.5435b3a58e2ab1a

• Cool 11

[POP]
Members
4,749 posts
12,813 battles
1 minute ago, Renuz said:

Well....I put in a support ticket. 

I suspect it's a glitch ....I have faith they will fix it soon. 

Except it's not a glitch, and there's nothing to fix. The mission is compensation for players that own the original version of the ship and then get the B version (either through a direct purchase, a crate, or a giveaway), and it's stated as such in both the news article and the actual armory and premium shop listings.

[DDCO]
Members
178 posts
11,350 battles

Ok...I looked. 

It does state that " if you buy this ship you get a mission of the Atago to win 5 battles and get 2500 doubs" .......it's very misleading though. 

It " IMPLIES " ....to a casual reader, that you will get it playing the BLACK ATAGO .....LAME...used car tactics !

You really have to DIG for the ...." small print "...eh ?

OK...i guess...I remember that WG before I spend anymore money with ya !

Edited by Renuz
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 3
  • Meh 5

[DDCO]
Members
178 posts
11,350 battles
12 minutes ago, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

Except it's not a glitch, and there's nothing to fix. The mission is compensation for players that own the original version of the ship and then get the B version (either through a direct purchase, a crate, or a giveaway), and it's stated as such in both the news article and the actual armory and premium shop listings.

I see...it IS...stated....but it's very deceptive. 

USED CAR SALES TACTICS!

boooo on WG !

I rarely buy ships....I'll keep it rarely now....especially. 

One of my biggest gripes with WG is their inability to clearly communicate with the player base. Many things have not been well explained over the years. 

I guess it's my fault ...for not carefully  reading every freakin word in the entire sales article !

I be more careful spending money with WG moving forward !

Thanks for the feedback and clarifications though !

Edited by Renuz
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 3

[POP]
Members
4,749 posts
12,813 battles
3 minutes ago, Renuz said:

I see...it IS...stated....but it's very deceptive. 

USED CAR SALES TACTICS!

boooo on WG !

I rarely buy ships....I'll keep it rarely now....especially. 

Actually it's not used car sales tactics or fine print. Go check the first three examples Sventex quoted that all clearly and explicitly state (in the same article/listing in the same font size) the combat mission is for the standard version. The only one you could even potentially claim is 'deceptive' or 'deliberately unclear' is the fourth, and while I can agree there that the average person who hasn't dealt with WG in the past may not know how they handle ship names in missions and sales listings, once you go and read the actual description of what's included in the purchased item it specifies the standard version.

Like many of the other dozens of daily threads each year, it's mostly a case of the buyer either not reading the listing before buying, reading what they want to read, or assuming it says something without checking or confirming. I will agree that WG has made some shady and questionable sales and marketing decisions in the past, and some of their listings for the current Black Friday could be clearer (for example, you can purchase one of the BF ships from the armory without going to the item/bundle page, and the listing on the image just says "Bonus combat mission" without any ship requirements), but the vast majority of these threads would be resolved if the buyers read what they were buying ahead of time and asked for clarification if they weren't sure what it included.

• Cool 1

[DDCO]
Members
178 posts
11,350 battles
7 minutes ago, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

Actually it's not used car sales tactics or fine print. Go check the first three examples Sventex quoted that all clearly and explicitly state (in the same article/listing in the same font size) the combat mission is for the standard version. The only one you could even potentially claim is 'deceptive' or 'deliberately unclear' is the fourth, and while I can agree there that the average person who hasn't dealt with WG in the past may not know how they handle ship names in missions and sales listings, once you go and read the actual description of what's included in the purchased item it specifies the standard version.

Like many of the other dozens of daily threads each year, it's mostly a case of the buyer either not reading the listing before buying, reading what they want to read, or assuming it says something without checking or confirming. I will agree that WG has made some shady and questionable sales and marketing decisions in the past, and some of their listings for the current Black Friday could be clearer (for example, you can purchase one of the BF ships from the armory without going to the item/bundle page, and the listing on the image just says "Bonus combat mission" without any ship requirements), but the vast majority of these threads would be resolved if the buyers read what they were buying ahead of time and asked for clarification if they weren't sure what it included.

I agree...to a point. 

I get it...ultimately it's my fault...understood, BUT

It's tricky tactics done on purpose to trap people who aren't paying close attention. ...Like me at the time. 

It's bad business. 

If one is just casually cruising through the new sales event....see the black friday sale, casually read the deal.  Many will think..." hey that sounds like a good deal " ...Many...like me, may not realize that WG wording is kinda  tricky and not look deeper. 

Those are USED CAR SALES TACTICS 

I didn't realize I must treat WG like a used car lot. 

I realize it now.

Edited by Renuz
  • Haha 1
  • Meh 5

[DDCO]
Members
178 posts
11,350 battles

It's my fault ....I guess. 

Word to the wise....read everything WG is trying to sell...VERY carefully !!

Treat a purchase with WG like a purchase at a cheesy used car lot !

They are not particularly forthcoming with KEY information ...oh ...it's there....but one has to read carefully and / or dig deep. 

If they was being 100% honest...the first thing they would say , in CAPS...on the front page, " YOU MUST HAVE ORGINAL ATAGO TO GET 2500 DOUBS REBATE !! " 

Instead they initially say ...." Play the Atago and win 5 times to win  2500 doubs mission " ....one assumes...the Atago  black they just bought for 7500 doubs ....but nooooooo it's the original Atago. 

Technically ...not a lie. Dig deeper on the mission and more is explained...but ....it's still cheesy USED CAR SALES TACTICS...booooo on WG

Edited by Renuz
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[DDCO]
Members
178 posts
11,350 battles
44 minutes ago, Sventex said:
On 11/28/2020 at 6:03 PM, Sventex said:

Indication 1:

image.thumb.png.36b6220ee9a74d7e30e05ccd

Indication 2:

image.thumb.png.56782034689d762e7b741290

Indication 3:

Untitled.jpg.dfc85ab9573762b033180721c6f

Indication 4:

2079753049_JeanBartB.jpg.5435b3a58e2ab1a

I've noticed people who are so fast to post up screen shots of stuff so fast on ones post. It's like they just waiting to prove someone wrong !!!

Like ...seriously ..in 5 min, you went in and copy and pasted or whatever and responded to my thread, like ya was just waiting for it ! ..

They almost always have more posts then battles played....lol

Ya'll love the forum life eh ??? 

Especially if you can prove someone wrong ! 

Edited by Renuz
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 4

[REVY]
Members
8,146 posts
6,118 battles
Just now, Renuz said:

I've noticed people who are so fast to post up screen shots of stuff so fast on ones post. It's like they just waiting to prove someone wrong !!!

Your like the 12th guy spamming the forums about this "glitch".  If any of you guys did any reading, you wouldn't be spamming or misunderstanding anything.

• Cool 4
  • Haha 1

[DDCO]
Members
178 posts
11,350 battles
11 minutes ago, Sventex said:

Your like the 12th guy spamming the forums about this "glitch".  If any of you guys did any reading, you wouldn't be spamming or misunderstanding anything.

Fair point....I think like some people. 

We wasn't expecting WG to get " tricky " .....and just kinda read the headlines. 

Lesson learned. 

Don't buy promotion ships from WG unless  you 110% sure nothing " tricky " going on!!

I should change the title of the thread .....

Edited by Renuz
  • Sad 1
  • Meh 1

[CAP]
Members
390 posts
16,497 battles
11 hours ago, Renuz said:

I agree...to a point. 

I get it...ultimately it's my fault...understood, BUT

It's tricky tactics done on purpose to trap people who aren't paying close attention. ...Like me at the time. 

It's bad business. 

If one is just casually cruising through the new sales event....see the black friday sale, casually read the deal.  Many will think..." hey that sounds like a good deal " ...Many...like me, may not realize that WG wording is kinda  tricky and not look deeper. 

Those are USED CAR SALES TACTICS 

I didn't realize I must treat WG like a used car lot. 

I realize it now.

If you want to refund the Black ship you bought, you could submit a ticket for that.

Or buy a regular vision and earn the 2500 refund /shrug.  I get the misunderstanding and while it is stated in several areas it clearly confuses the buyer or we wouldn't get dozens of these threads every year.

Edit - You could also win the ship in a Santa Crate and earn the gold as a bonus on top of that.

Edited by Jitta77
Add about santa crates.

[WOLF5]
Members
74 posts
2,528 battles

read2.thumb.png.d34321ad18e5e55d15cc16e75a7ca2d2.png

Armory page is clearer than the Premium shop.  Right above the combat mission, it states (in yellow) Atago B is a standalone Premium ship and that her standard counterpart is Atago, making it clear they are 2 different ships.  It then explains the combat mission is for Atago (in green) and not Atago B (in red).  Of course the wording could be better but it is right there in plain sight.

• Cool 1

[LLMF]
Alpha Tester
2,455 posts
5 hours ago, Sventex said:

And searching..

[WOLF4]
[WOLF4]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
896 posts
13,838 battles

Reading comprehension fail once again.

• Cool 1

[GGWP]
Members
7,210 posts
16,743 battles
8 hours ago, Renuz said:

It's my fault ....I guess. 

Word to the wise....read everything WG is trying to sell...VERY carefully !!

Treat a purchase with WG like a purchase at a cheesy used car lot !

They are not particularly forthcoming with KEY information ...oh ...it's there....but one has to read carefully and / or dig deep. 

If they was being 100% honest...the first thing they would say , in CAPS...on the front page, " YOU MUST HAVE ORGINAL ATAGO TO GET 2500 DOUBS REBATE !! " 

Instead they initially say ...." Play the Atago and win 5 times to win  2500 doubs mission " ....one assumes...the Atago  black they just bought for 7500 doubs ....but nooooooo it's the original Atago. 

Technically ...not a lie. Dig deeper on the mission and more is explained...but ....it's still cheesy USED CAR SALES TACTICS...booooo on WG

I would say it's less deceptive tactics and more that their programming not allowing WG to award doubloons for the 'duplicate' ship in the standard manner. That and the fact their notes on articles and in the premium shop are fairly standardly worded and very rarely go away from normal formatting. 

[SIMP]
Members
1,376 posts
11,458 battles
7 hours ago, Renuz said:

We wasn't expecting WG to get " tricky " .....and just kinda read the headlines. 

Lesson learned. 

Don't buy promotion ships from WG unless  you 110% sure nothing " tricky " going on!!

This is fair and worthy advice in all transactions.

Read everything carefully!

To WeeGee, this is good enough.

The consumer in the heat of the purchase, misses that the "B" is missing and it changes the meaning entirely, add to it that the consumer is already attuned to the "Jean Bart" and not "standard" as there was only the JB previously makes this more likely to happen.

Personally, I ended up in court because a contract left the "Ltd" off the end of the business name and IRD said it was myself and not the company that generated revenue and thus had a large tax difference.

[REKT]
[REKT]
Members
11 posts
6,249 battles

I think this is a rad thing they do. Black ships just being clones of the normal premiums, offering a small refund since you already have it in port. I picked up Jean Bart B for the refund of dubs and that mountain of coal and was very happy with that exchange.

Sorry you didn't get what you thought you were getting, but if you get Atago between now and the expiration of that mission, you can get that 2500 dubs. Maybe you'll get Atago from a Santa crate!

[ANZ4C]
Members
210 posts
7,418 battles
8 hours ago, Renuz said:

Lesson learned. 

Or... you know, learn how to read instead of accusing WG of "being tricky".

LIke, seriously, do they not teach english/basic reading skills in what i assume is the US?

[REVY]
Members
2,564 posts
13,829 battles
9 hours ago, Renuz said:

Like ...seriously ..in 5 min, you went in and copy and pasted or whatever and responded to my thread, like ya was just waiting for it ! ..

9 hours ago, Sventex said:

^^

this. so much this.

There has literally been at the minimum of a post a day (if not more) of people asking or commenting on this.

Like Sventex, I also have the links/images saved and ready to go.

• Cool 1

[WOLF4]
[WOLF4]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
896 posts
13,838 battles

In addition to the reading comprehension fail is the overbearing sense of entitlement in most of these threads. Using the Atlanta and Atlanta B as an example (seeing as you can line them up beside each other in the Premium shop),

AtlantaB.thumb.png.d8ca05cea744f2f4ee7df1255e0874e2.png

and the factor in the cost of the 2500 doubloons ($12.47 CDN at the moment), who do any of you figure that the mission for the regular ship would apply to the B ship that you already got at a 30% discount? You really think they are just going to give away an additional discount on the B version?