Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Dr_Venture

FIX THE DAMN KAGA

38 comments in this topic

[SALVO]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,104 posts
6,077 battles

Unacceptable to go a whole cycle with two premium CV's who are torpedo bomber focused THAT ARE STILL BUGGED.

Torpedoes failing to arm making drops significantly harder. Legit perfect drops spoiled time and time again by a messed up indicator that shows you in the green zone for a hit but then screws you by failing to arm. 

and before anyone asks, the boat DID NOT turn into my drop. 

• Cool 2
  • Haha 2
  • Meh 4

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
13,726 posts
2 minutes ago, Dr_Venture said:

Unacceptable to go a whole cycle with two premium CV's who are torpedo bomber focused THAT ARE STILL BUGGED.

Torpedoes failing to arm making drops significantly harder. Legit perfect drops spoiled time and time again by a messed up indicator that shows you in the green zone for a hit but then screws you by failing to arm. 

Someone else showed a video of this. It appears that the green targeting indicator arming line is mis-calibrated. I guess the only thing to do until they fix it is to just assume that a virtual line exists somewhere behind the shown one. I don't have a Kaga but it should be easy enough to set yourself up a Training room and determine just how much distance it takes for the torpedoes to arm.

Edited by Snargfargle

[SIMP]
Members
1,610 posts

It's not just the Kaga, many other CV torp planes are having the same problem.

Apparently when WG 'modified' CV attack parameters recently, they forgot (OF COURSE THEY DID) to correct the arming indicators for a number of torpedo planes..

• Thanks 1

[DW-62]
Beta Testers
210 posts
1,596 battles

Is it also due to server desync? I've noticed quite a lot of that lately in my CV games, some so atrocious I've literally seen drop timers go from 1.5 seconds left to zero in 1-2 frames, and there is no way my rig is running at 2 fps...

[CLUMP]
Members
1,202 posts
1,505 battles
42 minutes ago, Roken1 said:

Is it also due to server desync? I've noticed quite a lot of that lately in my CV games, some so atrocious I've literally seen drop timers go from 1.5 seconds left to zero in 1-2 frames, and there is no way my rig is running at 2 fps...

Yeah it has nothing to do with desync :Smile_sceptic:

Edited by LastRemnant

[GRETA]
Members
1,272 posts
10,160 battles

I noticed this last night while doing naval battles.   I just figured it was lag and started giving myself a little more room to arm, problem solved.

[O_O]
Members
6,910 posts
16,583 battles

Lucky me.  I got Kaga during this year's anniversary super container event.

Even luckier me...I got Kaga B in the sequential 250 doubloon bundle during this year's Black Friday event.

I don't CV.  And, it sounds like Kaga is poop.  Yay.

:cap_win: <------ That guy isn't me celebrating.  No, that is the personified WG RNG behind me.  Without the polite tube of personal lubricant.

• Haha 1

[PIG]
[PIG]
Members
1,310 posts
6,404 battles
2 hours ago, Dr_Venture said:

A few posts and several players confirming but I haven't seen a Wargaming reply. I'm unable to understand the reason to change all planes aiming mechanics apart making attacks using islands almost impossible. Goltz. Oink Goltz ! 

• Boring 1

[WPORT]
Members
7,183 posts
12,195 battles

2 hours ago, Roken1 said:

I think this is worth investigating to explain a portion of the incidents that are happening.

1 hour ago, HallaSnackbar said:

I noticed this last night while doing naval battles.   I just figured it was lag and started giving myself a little more room to arm, problem solved.

I haven't noticed it happening.
But, if I do, then I'll be implementing HallaSnackbar's solution.

[A-D-F]
8,322 posts

What he said.  Bugs happen but...come on WG.  It's been long enough to fix it.

[WPORT]
Members
7,183 posts
12,195 battles
1 hour ago, desmo_2 said:

Lucky me.  I got Kaga during this year's anniversary super container event.

Even luckier me...I got Kaga B in the sequential 250 doubloon bundle during this year's Black Friday event.

I don't CV.  And, it sounds like Kaga is poop.  Yay.

:cap_win: <------ That guy isn't me celebrating.  No, that is the personified WG RNG behind me.  Without the polite tube of personal lubricant.

Kaga and Kaga-B are among the most user-friendly CV's at Tier-8.

While learning the basics of CV operations is best done at Tier-4, a brave soul might do their homework and then play some Co-op battles to get familiar with the ship & planes and learn some new skills.
Eventually, Random battles would lure such a brave soul with temptations of intense action and higher rewards.

Members
428 posts
16,891 battles

Yeah, the UI arming line is near the middle of the torps rather than the front of the torps. I’d rather they fix the other stuff still broken by 9.9.0 that is far harder to adapt to.

Edited by Telastyn

[A-D-F]
8,322 posts
1 minute ago, Telastyn said:

Yeah, the arming line is near the middle of the torps rather than the front of the torps. I’d rather they fix the other stuff still broken by 9.9.0 that is far harder to adapt to.

I am avoiding playing the Kaga specifically because I don't WANT to adapt to it.  I don't want to train myself to do it wrong, only to have them finally fix the thing.

It's one of my favorite CVs, so it's really unhappy.

Members
428 posts
16,891 battles
6 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

I am avoiding playing the Kaga specifically because I don't WANT to adapt to it.  I don't want to train myself to do it wrong, only to have them finally fix the thing.

It's one of my favorite CVs, so it's really unhappy.

Understandable, though you have far more faith in WG to fix it than I do.

[YORHA]
Members
5,203 posts
10,360 battles

It's not server desync and Kaga is the one most affected by it.  I have extensively tested all of the tech tree CVS as well as Enterprise and  Ark Royal and have not been able to replicate the problem with any other CV but Kaga.  I have sent 3 videos of my  Kaga tests in the training room and a clip from Ahskance's stream all showing precisely what the problem is.  WG's reply?

Dear Commander,

Thank you for getting back to us and attaching the replays.
We forwarded your report to our team and it will be addressed properly. 
Should you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Best regards,

So time will tell. 

Edited by JCC45
  • Thanks 1

[O_O]
Members
6,910 posts
16,583 battles
30 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

While learning the basics of CV operations is best done at Tier-4, a brave soul might do their homework and then play some Co-op battles to get familiar with the ship & planes and learn some new skills.
Eventually, Random battles would lure such a brave soul with temptations of intense action and higher rewards.

I have 104 battles with CV's in Randoms, and 136 in Co-op.

Considering my overall battle count, I still consider that to be, "I don't CV".  :Smile_veryhappy:

[TFFOX]
Members
979 posts
2,162 battles

Are Kaga B fish bugged too? things take FOREVER to arm (spent 250 doubloons on a Black friday 2020 premium container from the bundles and popped her)

Edited by AdmiralFox08

[SEAST]
Members
63 posts
10,292 battles

I made a post under the bug report section. It seems that this bug first came out from 0.9.9 patch. I only noticed it when I got myself a Kaga B for the first time recently.

[-BUI-]
Members
2,446 posts
6,435 battles
3 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

Someone else showed a video of this. It appears that the green targeting indicator arming line is mis-calibrated. I guess the only thing to do until they fix it is to just assume that a virtual line exists somewhere behind the shown one. I don't have a Kaga but it should be easy enough to set yourself up a Training room and determine just how much distance it takes for the torpedoes to arm.

Kaga torps drop like this.

|          |

|    |

(not to scale).

The green line on the arming indicator is only for the middle torps that are further back, its the outside ones that don't arm in time as a result.

It is some MAJOR [edited] that they are selling a Kaga B right now with this being broken.

Either A:  Adjust the line so its for the torps that are further ahead (which I believe is how it was before they reworked the reticles).   B:   Put all the torps on the same drop "line" instead of staggered (my preference)

Its extra annoying because Kaga already has one of the longest arming times in the game, to have to extend it further just makes the torps harder to use, and they are already the easiest to avoid aerial torps in the game. 

Edited by Zenn3k

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,185 posts

There are a number of bugs known to them with regards to carriers. I would hope they get them cleaned up before the barrel boys start dropping their ordnance. 

[WPORT]
Members
7,183 posts
12,195 battles
2 hours ago, desmo_2 said:

I have 104 battles with CV's in Randoms, and 136 in Co-op.

Considering my overall battle count, I still consider that to be, "I don't CV".  :Smile_veryhappy:

You do CV.  Nothing can stop that now.  Search your feelings.  You *know* it to be true.
Remember, the CV Side has cookies.  :Smile_teethhappy:
209n23.jpg

• Funny 1

Members
124 posts
6 hours ago, Roken1 said:

I am noticing what appears to be server desync on some of my BB, C, and DD guns as well.  Shells landing not where you aimed.  May not just be a CV thing.

[SIM]
Members
5,590 posts
9,012 battles

Sounds like desync to me, Doc. Kaga is one of the only CVs that I've played in recent memory, and I didn't experience any problem of the sort with her torpedo planes.

Sign in to follow this