Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Theller

Ohio and Siegfried.

14 comments in this topic

[B-G-N]
Members
4 posts
4,619 battles

So I have the Georgia and the Ohio seems to be a better Georgia, I know the Ohio is good but it takes me a long time to get research points. I'm not really sure how good the Siegfried is but I know from experience that german guns don't feel that great to use so I'm not really sure what would be a better option for me. I like battleships the most and enjoy a brawl but I play everything besides carriers and I don't have problems with cruisers if the gun range is decent.

[AK]
Beta Testers
481 posts
14,116 battles

Siegfried guns are NOT bb guns. If you are worried about the dispersion you need to understand that you only get 6 rifles but they have cruiser level of dispersion not bb. You have a sigma of 2.05 and a dispersion of 176 meters. 

you might look at LWM's review of Siegfried: Premium Ship Review #150 - Siegfried & Agir - General Game Discussion - World of Warships official forum

• Boring 1

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
28,918 posts
25,163 battles
16 minutes ago, Seloth said:

Siegfried guns are NOT bb guns. If you are worried about the dispersion you need to understand that you only get 6 rifles but they have cruiser level of dispersion not bb. You have a sigma of 2.05 and a dispersion of 176 meters. 

you might look at LWM's review of Siegfried: Premium Ship Review #150 - Siegfried & Agir - General Game Discussion - World of Warships official forum

I'm not sure where you get the idea that Siegfried's 380mm guns aren't Battleship guns.  You may be confusing 305mm armed Agir for 380mm armed Siegfried.  For contrast is Tier VIII Battleship Bismarck who is armed with 380mm guns.  The AP shells are identical to those found on Siegfried.

Below is an Artillery Chart comparing Battleship Bismarck's 380mm AP to Super Cruiser Siegfried's 380mm AP.  They are one and the same.

cnvS1eN.jpg

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Meh 1

[PAK]
Members
122 posts
33,393 battles

You want the Ohio. If you love the GA the Ohio just has more guns and it is awesome. Sieg has BB guns on a CA body and is a hidden secret of mean on the water. Its a great ship and it is very accurate and everyone shows its broadside cuz they are afraid of other BBs.. then WHAM  you have their attention. Sieg has the highest player DPS at T9. Both are fun GL!

[DW-62]
Beta Testers
210 posts
1,611 battles

Not to throw up yet another Yuro vid but this is just too tempting: 

If you like what you see, go for the Ohio. I personally won't volunteer to play in a KM ship out of principle, just kidding, but one is a tier X BB and another is a Tier IX super cruiser...the gameplay is going to be different. It's like asking if I had $50k, would I buy a Toyota Supra or a Chevy Tahoe, so a real apples vs oranges comparison there. 

[AK]
Beta Testers
481 posts
14,116 battles
27 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

I'm not sure where you get the idea that Siegfried's 380mm guns aren't Battleship guns.  You may be confusing 305mm armed Agir for 380mm armed Siegfried.  For contrast is Tier VIII Battleship Bismarck who is armed with 380mm guns.  The AP shells are identical to those found on Siegfried.

Below is an Artillery Chart comparing Battleship Bismarck's 380mm AP to Super Cruiser Siegfried's 380mm AP.  They are one and the same.

cnvS1eN.jpg

I was referring to the OP concern on accuracy. The Siegfried is much more accurate then the German BBs. 

[B-G-N]
Members
4 posts
4,619 battles
7 minutes ago, Roken1 said:

Not to throw up yet another Yuro vid but this is just too tempting: 

If you like what you see, go for the Ohio. I personally won't volunteer to play in a KM ship out of principle, just kidding, but one is a tier X BB and another is a Tier IX super cruiser...the gameplay is going to be different. It's like asking if I had $50k, would I buy a Toyota Supra or a Chevy Tahoe, so a real apples vs oranges comparison there. 

Yeah I know they are very different but for example: I don't care much for the german tech tree cruisers, not even the Hindenburg really. I don't know how different the Siegfried is.

[DW-62]
Beta Testers
210 posts
1,611 battles
1 minute ago, Theller said:

Yeah I know they are very different but for example: I don't care much for the german tech tree cruisers, not even the Hindenburg really. I don't know how different the Siegfried is.

High tier premium ships are good captain trainers, so if you aren't interested in a whole tech tree line/skill build then maybe that's your answer right there. 

[B-G-N]
Members
4 posts
4,619 battles
1 minute ago, Roken1 said:

High tier premium ships are good captain trainers, so if you aren't interested in a whole tech tree line/skill build then maybe that's your answer right there. 

This is a good point. I tend to look at premiums for something unique and a different style of play from the norm but I also haven't gotten the Montana yet.

[WOLF9]
Members
4,678 posts

I had the same dilemma, OP.   Couldn't decide between the 2...

Finally, I decided to choose option C)  all of the above.

So, I went for Ohio first, as I had enough RP for either- simply because Ohio costs more, and therefore would take longer to amass the points once again to get it.

I'm at tier 10 in both US BB's AND German cruisers, so both would be of immediate use to me.   I also like my Georgia, AND my super cruisers, like Alaska.  

The final determining factor was having A) a 19 point captain to use with it, and a MASS captain I'm working on, and B)  Fast BB's are the shizzit it Co-op right now.  And frankly, I have fun beating things up with secondaries.   I only have my 17 point Hindenburg captain for the Siggy- the rest lag way behind, as I moved this guy up the tree as I advanced.  

I'm currently trying to farm E-XP as much as possible, in preparation for the possible upcoming skill rework.  So I can have at least 1 21 pointer available immediately.  Thus, the availablility of a 19 pointer to play it with was important.

So far, I have not regretted it.  Ohio is pretty darn fun to play- and quite effective.

[4HIM]
[4HIM]
Beta Testers
2,179 posts
15,503 battles

Siegfried is a VERY good ship, think of a Nice Canoe at T9, very accurate gun, good armor, torps, fast, good for Sec build, but that may change with Capt. rework... what is not to like?  Kinda like a German Georgia!

[NG-NL]
Members
6,319 posts
10,278 battles
13 minutes ago, RainbowFartingUnicorn said:

Poor Siegfried will have a very brief moment in the sun before the captain skill rework early in the year ruins her.

As in, secondary build on her is going to be viable only for a little bit.

I'd get Ohio.

Sign in to follow this