You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Bandi73

The good part don't last long... Flamu video out, regarding skill rework...

27 comments in this topic

[IND6]
Members
15 posts
376 battles

I think I will pass. He tends to be the source of 90% of the toxicity in the game and has a track record for being disingenuous about game issues to gaslight his followers. I am sure he has farmed this for outrage gold, especially since a major team win strategy is being nerfed into the ground in this rework. Don't think I want to watch, as I might want to break my phone/pc when the cattle manure starts getting tossed around.

• Cool 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 7

[-K-]
Members
8,491 posts
14,883 battles

Bottom line......nobody likes change.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[WOLFG]
Members
31,420 posts
9,664 battles

Are the skills any different than when they were first listed?

Otherwise, I don't need somebody else telling me how I'm supposed to feel about it. I have the info, and can form my own opinion. If I want advice, I'll ask somebody.

Edited by Skpstr
  • Cool 1

[IMP]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
372 posts
5,683 battles

Is Flamu trying to manufacture consent still?

[-BUI-]
Members
2,451 posts
6,463 battles

Who needs youtube subscriptions and notifications when this forum will just link up every single new video?

[-BCO-]
Members
1,323 posts
2,438 battles
33 minutes ago, _Mr_Smooth_ said:

I think I will pass. He tends to be the source of 90% of the toxicity in the game and has a track record for being disingenuous about game issues to gaslight his followers. I am sure he has farmed this for outrage gold, especially since a major team win strategy is being nerfed into the ground in this rework. Don't think I want to watch, as I might want to break my phone/pc when the cattle manure starts getting tossed around.

:) I Well... it is true that he could be kinda brutal in his assessments.And he's not really kind to Wg in general. What made to post his video is the first ten minutes of the video, in which he first talks about what he perceives as good things, like the possibility to have one captain assigned to a tech tree BB AND to a cruiser or dd or whatever, which I also thought as a good thing ( and actually made some plans regarding some actions)  .

But then he starts actually reading the devblog and quickly realise that's... not the devs intention. Then for like 5 mins he just laughs how naive he was.

Also at the end, he realise that until the full retraining is complete the skills WILL NOT WORK . AT ALL. Vs now when they do work but with a 50% penalty.

This whole thing is nothing else just blatant money grab.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2

[ANKER]
Members
1,423 posts
11,492 battles
1 hour ago, Ace_04 said:

Bottom line......nobody likes change.

Especially when a lot of your favorite ships get totally bent over without lube.

[PHD]
Members
1,194 posts
6,083 battles
26 minutes ago, Bandi73 said:

:) I Well... it is true that he could be kinda brutal in his assessments.And he's not really kind to Wg in general. What made to post his video is the first ten minutes of the video, in which he first talks about what he perceives as good things, like the possibility to have one captain assigned to a tech tree BB AND to a cruiser or dd or whatever, which I also thought as a good thing ( and actually made some plans regarding some actions)  .

But then he starts actually reading the devblog and quickly realise that's... not the devs intention. Then for like 5 mins he just laughs how naive he was.

Also at the end, he realise that until the full retraining is complete the skills WILL NOT WORK . AT ALL. Vs now when they do work but with a 50% penalty.

WG...money grab? I am shocked. They wouldn't....

[REVY]
Members
8,169 posts
6,118 battles
39 minutes ago, Bandi73 said:

Just in time for the Christmas season!

[-BCO-]
Members
1,323 posts
2,438 battles
2 minutes ago, Sventex said:

Just in time for the Christmas season!

Yep. It really seems so..... I'm afraid that many people will be driven off by this move.....

[WORX]
Members
12,074 posts
19,529 battles

Raging for views and advocating for changes..

I pointed this out in a different tread from the select names of streamers... Now, lets see what changes are done because of their advocating activities.

• Boring 1

[REVY]
Members
8,169 posts
6,118 battles
Just now, Navalpride33 said:

Raging for views and advocating for changes..

I pointed this out in a different tread from the select names of streamers... Now, lets see what changes are done because of their advocating activities.

And conveniently there will be no way to prove that any one person advocating for changes caused chances to be done.

[WORX]
Members
12,074 posts
19,529 battles
1 minute ago, Sventex said:

there will be no way to prove that any one person advocating for changes caused chances to be done.

Wait for it.... WG will state (like it stated in the EU stream, using the "flying shimakazie" video for the reason 0.8.0.1 was done), it will implement changes because of someone's video.. (it may not be Flamu's, I pointed out, he is not the only one to use the raging for views as a Trojan horse to advocate changes).

This is not the only example either.

This is just the first phase, stir up the followers... Contrary to your thinking... Statistics in human psycology is showing me this path repeating itself... Sorry bro I trust the math and precedent.

• Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[ARS]
Beta Testers
5,331 posts
5,821 battles
1 hour ago, Bandi73 said:

FYI, right now some skills work at 50%, but many do not work at all until retraining is complete.

[-BCO-]
Members
1,323 posts
2,438 battles
3 minutes ago, Helstrem said:

FYI, right now some skills work at 50%, but many do not work at all until retraining is complete.

What else other than RPF? 

Edited by Bandi73

[ARS]
Beta Testers
5,331 posts
5,821 battles
Just now, Bandi73 said:

What else other than RPF? 

Priority target, superintendent, expert loader, incoming fire alert, direction center for fighters, torpedo acceleration, last stand, survivability expert, manual fire for secondary armament, fire prevention and IFHE.  Maybe some others too.

[DRAH]
Members
393 posts
9,921 battles

Looking at these changes and the comments in the FAQ and the issues Flamu highlighted about super cruisers being susceptible to fire and the lack of range extension for small cal cruisers like Smolensk and Atlanta I am wondering if this is actually intentional as a way to dial them back to better match the regular cruisers and reduce the spam range for the fire hose ships.

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,776 posts
712 battles

Does RPF work against CVs yet? Flamu didn't mention one way or the other. Right now in the text it says it does not work against CVs (making them even more idiot-proof) or submerged submarines.

This whole rework seems like a massive CV buff (especially in damage and AA mitigation) and a nerf to everyone else. 

[WOLFG]
Members
11,207 posts
10,466 battles
1 minute ago, Ellyh said:

Looking at these changes and the comments in the FAQ and the issues Flamu highlighted about super cruisers being susceptible to fire and the lack of range extension for small cal cruisers like Smolensk and Atlanta I am wondering if this is actually intentional as a way to dial them back to better match the regular cruisers and reduce the spam range for the fire hose ships.

I'm guessing that is exactly what it is for.

I'm curious what the next FXP ships are going to be, because I thing the super cruiser phase is over.

4,776 posts
712 battles
3 minutes ago, Ellyh said:

Maybe in Smolensk's case, but in Atlanta's case I'd bet it's just more a case of "We forgot what effect certain skills have on old ships that we haven't bothered to look over in years."

Atlanta is a victim of the old practice of dictating the ship's firing range by the location of it's primary director above the waterline. A practice that appears to have been abandoned long ago. However, Atlanta's range was still decent with captain skills.

I'd wager they simply forgot that those skills are actually vital to the Atlanta and Flint. 

4,776 posts
712 battles
4 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

I'm guessing that is exactly what it is for.

I'm curious what the next FXP ships are going to be, because I thing the super cruiser phase is over.

They haven't given one to the British yet so I don't think it's over.

In before post-refit Renown. 

[-BCO-]
Members
1,323 posts
2,438 battles
42 minutes ago, Helstrem said:

Priority target, superintendent, expert loader, incoming fire alert, direction center for fighters, torpedo acceleration, last stand, survivability expert, manual fire for secondary armament, fire prevention and IFHE.  Maybe some others too.

Actually.....

Remember that while a Commander is re-training, skill effects are reduced by 50% and skills with a binary (on or off) effect are disabled

Edited by Bandi73

[PVE]
Members
10,758 posts
18,518 battles
3 hours ago, Torenico said:

Is Flamu trying to manufacture consent still?

Types of consent include implied consent, express consent, informed consent and unanimous consent.

If you feel content, you're satisfied and happy. The content of a book, movie, or song is what it's about: the topic. This word has two main meanings. The first has to do with being pleased and satisfied (feeling content) or making someone else feel happy and at peace with things (contenting them)

Dissension

noun. strong disagreement; a contention or quarrel; discord. difference in sentiment or opinion; disagreement.

Edited by Sovereigndawg