You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Hapa_Fodder

Update 0.9.11 - Bug Reports

31 comments in this topic

[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
4,323 posts
14,736 battles

Standby for words from the Chief,

Update 0.9.11 is here, so please provide any bug reports you may encounter here. 

Please also check our little guide on how to report a bug here: 

If you're fairly certain you've encountered a bug, we'd like to encourage you to submit it to the Game Support section of the WoWS ticket queues, within a section where bugs are asked for, or to create a post within this sub-forum.

Remove your mods and try again before sending in a bug report as mods tend to be the culprit, YES I know we have made it automatic, I will state it as I am sure someone will find a workaround. 

DO NOT just move your old mods into the new mods folder, make sure they are updated!

I do ask that you please provide any and all information that you can when reporting an issue. 

***Please follow the format below***

Issue: This is where you should explain the problem that you're having.

Expected Result: Tell us what should be happening.
How to Replicate: Give us examples on
 how to reproduce this bug.
Screenshots/Replay/Supporting Info: Screenshots and Replays go a long way, so having this ready to go will really help. 

Just some friendly reminders of what a bug is NOT:

• An aspect of game design that you disagree with ("This ship needs to be buffed" "That ship needs to be nerfed" "The ocean is the wrong shade of blue")
  • Items that you feel are missing from your account (almost always this is a problem with your payment method for premium stuff or an interface confusion for the rest)
  • Historical Inaccuracies
  • Issues related to your installed mods. - Remove your mods, if you have any, and try again before sending in a bug report as mods tend to be the culprit.
  • We reserve the right to add to this list :Smile_izmena:

Forgot to mention, REMOVE YOUR MODS and try again before sending in a bug report as mods tend to be the culprit, YES I know we have made it automatic, I will state it as I am sure someone will find a workaround. 

DO NOT just move your old mods into the new mods folder, make sure they are updated!

For each support ticket, please make sure to attach WG Check tool report to those tickets! That will help us to better understand the nature of the issue you're experiencing.

[HINON]
Members
2,304 posts
22,569 battles

Not sure what is going on; but the Neustrashimy is NOT in the armory waiting for me to purchase :(  

Submitting a report.

image.thumb.png.005c459a2aa90d596b6b19e40a7e5200.png

On 12/1/2020 at 6:00 AM, Hapa_Fodder said:

flag_Russia_6ce701e1c2f2ac3909a68a0a7b23premium_9ffc494df739f989c98f2dd3a4e40887IX Neustrashimy, the first Soviet destroyer that was designed and built after World War II. She boasts one of the best concealment values at her tier, coupled with effective torpedo armament and a large HP pool. The destroyer has access to a wide range of consumables, including Specialized Repair Teams and Defensive AA Fire. You can get her in exchange for 296,000 Coal.

[WG]
4,323 posts
14,736 battles
7 minutes ago, Warped_1 said:

Not sure what is going on; but the Neustrashimy is NOT in the armory waiting for me to purchase :(  

Submitting a report.

image.thumb.png.005c459a2aa90d596b6b19e40a7e5200.png

I am talking with our folks, if you click on the "Featured" section (the star) they are at the bottom, trying to figure out why they are not in the "Ships" section.

shot-20.12.02_08.48.59-0640.jpg

[HINON]
Members
2,304 posts
22,569 battles
9 minutes ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

I am talking with our folks, if you click on the "Featured" section (the star) they are at the bottom, trying to figure out why they are not in the "Ships" section

Thank ya!  She was there.  Funny, wouldn't have looked there ;-)

image.png

Edited by Warped_1

Members
1,488 posts
17,734 battles

Where's my advent calendar???shot-20_12.02_08_12.13-0555.thumb.jpg.e2e5b4dbd13acf0dee4f8520ba373719.jpg

I click on the orange button but nothing comes up but a blank page. I'd show you a picture but the page is so blank my computer camera won't take a picture of it.

I run no mods.

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
5,175 posts
22,715 battles
3 hours ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

I am talking with our folks, if you click on the "Featured" section (the star) they are at the bottom, trying to figure out why they are not in the "Ships" section.

shot-20.12.02_08.48.59-0640.jpg

I thought she was in the ship's section at first but I could not use a coupon on her. Is she NOT in the ship's section on purpose to disallow using a coupon? I could have used a coupon on her for Steel, if I had it when she was available. Hope this was a bug and not a feature!

[KILL]
Members
1 post
7,070 battles

Hi,

Issue: On purchase of a T8 premium Kaga B(lack), I received Black Friday missions for a Kaga instead of a Kaga B(lack). The mission is to win 5 games for doubloons. I have already won a game in my new Kaga B without any progress in the mission. Images attached.

Expected Result: Should receive mission for the Kaga B.
How to Replicate: Buy a Kaga B? Add a Kaga B to your account?
Screenshots/Replay/Supporting Info: Images attached 

Ticket filed (ID 127999463)

Thank you!

bug_report1.png

bug_report2.png

[NWS]
Members
271 posts
7,672 battles

I know you said you fixed the previous battle screen from showing on results of present battle, but now there is a black screen showing also.

[PVE]
Members
7,341 posts
23,226 battles
9 hours ago, Khafni said:

I thought she was in the ship's section at first but I could not use a coupon on her. Is she NOT in the ship's section on purpose to disallow using a coupon? I could have used a coupon on her for Steel, if I had it when she was available. Hope this was a bug and not a feature!

There was a thread from Hapa stating that coupons will not be usable on Neus or Flint until update 0.1.0. so as to not devalue the steel price paid by others...which also allowed coupons to be used for them but... reasons.

6 hours ago, CptBoma said:

Hi,

Issue: On purchase of a T8 premium Kaga B(lack), I received Black Friday missions for a Kaga instead of a Kaga B(lack). The mission is to win 5 games for doubloons. I have already won a game in my new Kaga B without any progress in the mission. Images attached.

Expected Result: Should receive mission for the Kaga B.
How to Replicate: Buy a Kaga B? Add a Kaga B to your account?
Screenshots/Replay/Supporting Info: Images attached 

Ticket filed (ID 127999463)

Thank you!

bug_report1.png

bug_report2.png

Unfortunately the mission is only for the non B version of the ships.

You are not the 1st player who's 1st post ever in the forums is about this.

Unfortunately even though it doesn't state it clearly at the top of the article about it...it does later on in the article. You'd think after 3 years of the same complaints they'd make it more clear but unfortunately that's not likely to happen next year either.

BTW: Welcome to the forums :-)

Wish it was under better circumstances...but welcome anyway.

• Sad 1

[SRPH]
[SRPH]
Members
1,117 posts
4,173 battles

At this point, the Armory won't even open for me...probably have to check the update integrity...

[NDA]
Supertester, Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
5,664 posts
4,488 battles

EDIT (December 5): Issue occurs regardless of speed.

Issue:
Rockets from attack aircraft land beyond the aiming circle. The issue appears to occur when the aircraft speed is increased upon starting an attack run. The issue now appears to occur regardless of aircraft speed. Tested with the Hakuryu and Saipan. However, I am unable to consistently reproduce the bug.

Expected Result:
The aiming circle should accurately show where the rockets will land.

How to Replicate:
The steps below are unconfirmed. It may require multiple attempts to replicate the issue.

1. Using attack aircraft, left-click to begin an attack run.
  2. Immediately increase the speed of the aircraft by holding the 'W' key (Engine Cooling consumable can be used).
  3. When it is possible to attack, left-click again to launch the rockets.

Supporting Materials:
WoWS_report.wgc

cv_bug.png.1a0bc3ec7080eaa347c899b7caa7f073.png

Edited by Aivris
EDIT: Issue occurs regardless of speed
  • Cool 1

[1984]
Members
4,482 posts
21,506 battles
On 12/2/2020 at 3:00 PM, Hapa_Fodder said:

Standby for words from the Chief,

Update 0.9.11 is here, so please provide any bug reports you may encounter here. 

Please also check our little guide on how to report a bug here: 

If you're fairly certain you've encountered a bug, we'd like to encourage you to submit it to the Game Support section of the WoWS ticket queues, within a section where bugs are asked for, or to create a post within this sub-forum.

Remove your mods and try again before sending in a bug report as mods tend to be the culprit, YES I know we have made it automatic, I will state it as I am sure someone will find a workaround. 

I do ask that you please provide any and all information that you can when reporting an issue. 

***Please follow the format below***

Issue: This is where you should explain the problem that you're having.

Expected Result: Tell us what should be happening.
How to Replicate: Give us examples on
 how to reproduce this bug.
Screenshots/Replay/Supporting Info: Screenshots and Replays go a long way, so having this ready to go will really help. 

Just some friendly reminders of what a bug is NOT:

• An aspect of game design that you disagree with ("This ship needs to be buffed" "That ship needs to be nerfed" "The ocean is the wrong shade of blue")
  • Items that you feel are missing from your account (almost always this is a problem with your payment method for premium stuff or an interface confusion for the rest)
  • Historical Inaccuracies
  • Issues related to your installed mods. - Remove your mods, if you have any, and try again before sending in a bug report as mods tend to be the culprit.
  • We reserve the right to add to this list :Smile_izmena:

Forgot to mention, REMOVE YOUR MODS and try again before sending in a bug report as mods tend to be the culprit, YES I know we have made it automatic, I will state it as I am sure someone will find a workaround. 

For each support ticket, please make sure to attach WG Check tool report to those tickets! That will help us to better understand the nature of the issue you're experiencing.

@foodprinter game crahes when in division and attempting to chat immidiately before/after the mm q launches and the circle anchor starts spinning. game totally crashes and restart is necessary. this is reproducible and has happened 2x in a row.

i was penalized 7 games because of this crash. this is unfair. please resolve.

image.png.c6ea9392f7d6dcabc8b0268011d95e38.png

Edited by monpetitloup

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
6,725 posts
13,019 battles

Issue: Fire animations of all kinds are appearing as if they were rendered on an 8 bit computer

Expected Result: Should be seeing ships or sunk ships on fire as is normal.
How to Replicate: Play the game.
Screenshots/Replay/Supporting Info: See below

shot-20.12.05_19.47.03-0057.jpg

shot-20.12.05_19.42.35-0317.jpg

shot-20.12.05_19.43.23-0164.jpg

Edited by HazardDrake

[NA-WD]
Members
38 posts
6,837 battles

I noticed the XP reported in the battle reports under Team score is what I would get if I didn't have a premium account. My 'With Premium' XP would place me a lot higher in the standings. Is this a bug or is it normal to report the XP this way? :Smile_amazed:

[WG]
4,323 posts
14,736 battles
On 12/3/2020 at 7:11 AM, Aivris said:

EDIT (December 5): Issue occurs regardless of speed.

Issue:
Rockets from attack aircraft land beyond the aiming circle. The issue appears to occur when the aircraft speed is increased upon starting an attack run. The issue now appears to occur regardless of aircraft speed. Tested with the Hakuryu and Saipan. However, I am unable to consistently reproduce the bug.

Expected Result:
The aiming circle should accurately show where the rockets will land.

How to Replicate:
The steps below are unconfirmed. It may require multiple attempts to replicate the issue.

1. Using attack aircraft, left-click to begin an attack run.
  2. Immediately increase the speed of the aircraft by holding the 'W' key (Engine Cooling consumable can be used).
  3. When it is possible to attack, left-click again to launch the rockets.

Supporting Materials:
WoWS_report.wgc

cv_bug.png.1a0bc3ec7080eaa347c899b7caa7f073.png

Could you submit this WGCheck with a replay into CS please?

-Hapa

• Cool 1

[WG]
4,323 posts
14,736 battles
On 12/5/2020 at 7:24 PM, HazardDrake said:

Issue: Fire animations of all kinds are appearing as if they were rendered on an 8 bit computer

Expected Result: Should be seeing ships or sunk ships on fire as is normal.
How to Replicate: Play the game.
Screenshots/Replay/Supporting Info: See below

shot-20.12.05_19.47.03-0057.jpg

shot-20.12.05_19.42.35-0317.jpg

shot-20.12.05_19.43.23-0164.jpg

Are you still having issues with this? Could you submit this WGCheck with a replay into CS please?

-Hapa

[O_O]
Members
6,917 posts
16,601 battles
On 12/5/2020 at 11:32 PM, homegrown_cowboy said:

I noticed the XP reported in the battle reports under Team score is what I would get if I didn't have a premium account. My 'With Premium' XP would place me a lot higher in the standings. Is this a bug or is it normal to report the XP this way? :Smile_amazed:

On 12/5/2020 at 11:58 PM, homegrown_cowboy said:

Is this what is referred to as "Base XP"? Xp earned without Premium Membership?

Yes, this is the way.

Base XP is not affected by premium time, signals, camo, etc.  The ONLY thing that affects Base XP is whether you win or lose the game.

To see your Base XP, after the battle you can either look at the team screen, or the left, non-premium side of the Credits and XP page.

[O_O]
Members
6,917 posts
16,601 battles

The ship horns seem to have been changed.  They are now louder, have a tinny sound, and continue to sound for a second after the button is released.  Several players in several different games told me they were having the same issue.  One said he uses headphones, and had to deactivate the horn feature because the louder sound derned near kilt him.

[NDA]
Supertester, Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
5,664 posts
4,488 battles
14 hours ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

Could you submit this WGCheck with a replay into CS please?

-Hapa

No worries, ticket ID is 128130329.

• Thanks 1

[WG]
4,323 posts
14,736 battles
1 hour ago, Aivris said:

No worries, ticket ID is 128130329.

Mahalo,

Sorry it took me so long to reply!

-Hapa

• Thanks 1

[ALL41]
Beta Testers
2,370 posts
10,316 battles

This is a pair of rather old suspected bug and I wonder if WG has taken a look into them?

Install accuracy mod for ship (like artillery plot  and main battery modification of -dispersion/+accuracy )

Ship accuracy is improved enough it is noticeable visually.

About 24 to 48 hours later it ceases.

Remove the accuracy mod from ship.

Exit game.

Reload game.

Install accuracy mod back.

Accuracy improvement returns and its noticeable. One must exit game for it to work again.. uninstalling and reinstalling the equipment on the ship in same session does not kick it back into active.

When you have a ship locked and you are just about to fire, the ship vanishes as you are firing. Since the server 'see's the target vanish from sight before the ship actually stealths up in your client it makes your shells land on the terrain that was on your crosshairs not the ship you had targeted when you fired.

Long ago there was a patch that would keep the target lock for a few seconds after it stealthed, removing this issue from being a problem. That fix was removed some time ago.

Can it please be brought back? It is extremely irritating to have a good aim, fire BEFORE the target stealths..and watch the shells hit the hills short of target rather than fly over it as they should.

... oh and if possible, please ask the main devs to remove the doubloon cost for dismounting a Unique Upgrade. I don't think its fair to have to pay doubloons to remove a piece of gear one paid research points for..especially when said UU's at many times are still glitched and also the fact any new user would want to try and use them and then may decide its not functional enough and would prefer to store it until its changed.

silver credits should be the only cost to dismount it..and also the UU's should not be able to be sold.

Members
70 posts
4,219 battles

I've encountered a problem which I haven't had before. I'm not sure what caused it:

On loading the game I reach my port, but then I am unable to open any of the headings but one. On clicking equipment it jumps to the captain's experience, signifying a bug.

Also all the ships I can choose from below the harbour are faded and I am unable to  choose them. 

The game won't go further than the harbour.

On pushing escape I come to the exit choices, and I have to use the up and down arrows on my keyboard to choose them.

I updated my Nvidia driver earlier today, but I am not sure if there was a WoW update are well.

I rolled back my Nvidia driver, but the problem remains.

There were no fancy mods in my game.

Question:  Assuming there is a bug, If I uninstall the game and reinstall it will I lose all my XP, credits, etc. and the upgrade, etc. I made to my ships?

Thanks

I reinstalled. It's working fine.

Edited by Driveldriver

[REAL]
Members
1 post
8,077 battles

Every thing, every single f***ing thing seem to be lagged by 5 secs or more when dealing with Destroyers. I can't even land shots on a shimakaze from 3km away and every shell is a miss.
I tried to run the game with and without mods, nothing changed. Used another laptop and no difference at all.

indication is only showing ~30-50ms lag.

System 1: Ryzen 7 2700/ 32GB DDR4 / GTX 1080Ti

System 2: i7 3630qm/ 32GB DDR3 1866/ Quadro M4000m

Has been like this for two weeks and it's beyond fustration.

And check my stats I'm not the potatoes who can't shoot.

20201211_190729_PBSB110-Conqueror_14_Atlantic.wowsreplay

Edited by Kiloparsec