You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Diison

New Capt leveling system

7 comments in this topic

[PAK]
Members
122 posts
33,282 battles

Let us take the Russian commander. I use him on Kremlin, Stalin, Kron. and the Slava.

Are you saying that now I can only use him on one DD one CA and one BB? Or can I attach him to more than one CA as long as he is premium CA?

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
5,166 posts
22,715 battles

You can specialize him in one tech tree ship - one DD, or one CA, or one BB, or one CV - but you can use each of those builds to captain any premium ship.

Specialize him in Kremlin.

Use him in any other Russian premium BB (Slava) or

Use him in any Russian premium DD (Leningrad) or

Use him in any Russian premium CA/CL (Stalingrad/Smolensk) or

Use him in any Russian premium (TBD) CV.

He can captain only one tech tree ship but can captain any number of premium ships. Move him to any other tech tree ship and you have to pay to retrain him in that new ship.

• Cool 1

[META_]
Members
189 posts
2,680 battles

It seems like it will work the same as the current system; the only difference is that you can have a different build for each type of ship.  So you can assign the captain to one tech tree ship, then freely move him between any premium ships from the same nation.  So if you use the same captain for Stalingrad, Slava, Kronstaht, and Kremlin now, you could continue to do the same (though you'd have to use the cruiser skills for Stalin/Kron).  But you could also have a DD build on him to play Leningrad, Neustrashimy, or any other premium Soviet DDs.  And if they ever introduce Russian carriers, you could have a CV build that could be used on any premium CVs that are introduced.

[PAK]
Members
122 posts
33,282 battles
2 minutes ago, Fel0niusMonk said:

It seems like it will work the same as the current system; the only difference is that you can have a different build for each type of ship.  So you can assign the captain to one tech tree ship, then freely move him between any premium ships from the same nation.  So if you use the same captain for Stalingrad, Slava, Kronstaht, and Kremlin now, you could continue to do the same (though you'd have to use the cruiser skills for Stalin/Kron).  But you could also have a DD build on him to play Leningrad, Neustrashimy, or any other premium Soviet DDs.  And if they ever introduce Russian carriers, you could have a CV build that could be used on any premium CVs that are introduced.

Thanks you two!

[SALVO]
Members
25,816 posts
28,151 battles
4 hours ago, Fel0niusMonk said:

Monk, honestly, I've found that high tier Russian DD builds don't work in tier 7 or lower Russian premium DDs for a specific reason.  In the high tiers, Russian DDs don't really require the Expert Marksman skill because their turrets already have pretty good traverse.  But in the lower tier Russian premium DDs (really all lower tier Russian DDs), the turret traverses are quite slow and benefit from having a captain trained up in the Expert Marksman skill.

Technically, of course, you could throw a Grozzy or Khaba captain into a lower tier Russian premium DD.  But IMO, the DD would suffer from pretty terrible turret traverse which could be helped by having a dedicated captain with the EM skill, preferably one of the special captains who has an improved version of the EM skill to further enhance EM.

[META_]
Members
189 posts
2,680 battles
46 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Monk, honestly, I've found that high tier Russian DD builds don't work in tier 7 or lower Russian premium DDs for a specific reason.  In the high tiers, Russian DDs don't really require the Expert Marksman skill because their turrets already have pretty good traverse.  But in the lower tier Russian premium DDs (really all lower tier Russian DDs), the turret traverses are quite slow and benefit from having a captain trained up in the Expert Marksman skill.

Technically, of course, you could throw a Grozzy or Khaba captain into a lower tier Russian premium DD.  But IMO, the DD would suffer from pretty terrible turret traverse which could be helped by having a dedicated captain with the EM skill, preferably one of the special captains who has an improved version of the EM skill to further enhance EM.

Fair enough - the point, though, is that you can use your Kremlin/Stalin/Slava/Kron captain for at least some premium DDs as well.  And actually, since you'd have a different build for your high-tier tech tree DDs that, I'm assuming, would work on the high-tier premiums (I haven't played the RU DD), it's helpful that you could grab a captain that's otherwise being used for BBs and cruisers and spec him for the lower-tier DDs as well.

[TIAR]
[TIAR]
Beta Testers
1,448 posts
21,628 battles
5 hours ago, Diison said:

Let us take the Russian commander. I use him on Kremlin, Stalin, Kron. and the Slava.

Are you saying that now I can only use him on one DD one CA and one BB? Or can I attach him to more than one CA as long as he is premium CA?

You can specialize it in up to 4 different classes of ships. BUT YOU HAVE TO RETRAIN IT FOR EVERY CLASS (PAY DOUBLOONS) except for Premium ships

So it's 4x the amount of doubloons.