FutureShip

Which ship is better

11 comments in this topic

[TFFOX]
Members
952 posts
2,140 battles
28 minutes ago, FutureShip said:

Is the dreadnought better than the Hōsho?

hosho beats the crap out of dreadnought because it doesn't have aa and turns it into DEADnought:Smile_trollface:

• Funny 1

Members
70 posts
25 minutes ago, AdmiralFox08 said:

hosho beats the crap out of dreadnought because it doesn't have aa and turns it into DEADnought:Smile_trollface:

I mean which is better to play, or gets more fxp...

Beta Testers
134 posts
2,570 battles

I mean... the dreadnought is a tier 3 premium battleship while the hosho is a non premium tier 4 aircraft carrier. It really depends on what ship type you like to play because both ships are completely different. 

[HC]
[HC]
Beta Testers
3,378 posts
13,062 battles
28 minutes ago, FutureShip said:

Apples and Oranges.

Dreadnought is a premium tier 3 Battleship, so you're going to earn better in Co-Op. In randoms you'll have problems with carriers due to a lack of AA, and you'll have less of an impact on a match as you're just one, likely bottom tier BB, amongst the CV's and DD that probably have the most influence on the match.

Hosho is a tier 4 tech tree CV, so Co-op earnings are going to stink, low DPM and short matches is a miserable combination. On the other hand, as a CV, you have more influence in randoms, as you will be providing intelligence and spotting while you try to attack stuff. If you're lucky your team will take advantage of this and win, more than offsetting the lost earnings because of the CV's low DPM. Also, random matches tend to be longer, so the low DPM is also countered by having most of 20 minutes to do damage, which doesn't really work out for other classes.

As far as fun, they both can be fun, but they're so different that a comparison is completely meaningless.

• Cool 1

[WOLF7]
Members
572 posts
1 hour ago, FutureShip said:

I said which one should I get.

You can get the Hosho just by playing the game and earning XP. The Dreadnought costs real money. It's up to you if you can afford to spend the real money or not.

Members
1,011 posts
1,399 battles
22 hours ago, FutureShip said:

That'd be HMS Dreadnought. Hosho doesn't earn very much, so I usually put economic signals & camos on it. 

Members
70 posts
On 12/1/2020 at 1:16 PM, black_hull4 said:

That'd be HMS Dreadnought. Hosho doesn't earn very much, so I usually put economic signals & camos on it. 

Oh ok, I just figured I could not get the dreadnouht anymore:Smile_sad:.

[-BSK-]
Members
39 posts
7,074 battles
On 12/1/2020 at 1:16 PM, black_hull4 said:

I have to agree with what black_hull4 said if you are looking to earn as much as possible with signals added the Dreadnought is the way to go.

• Thanks 1