You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
AnimaL21

Rudder Lock + Chat = No Rudder Lock

6 comments in this topic

[GLF]
Members
1,071 posts
17,581 battles

I havent seen this one out there, but it has existed on my system for quite some time through multiple patches.  

Use the rudder lock buttons (not holding the W or D keys) to set rudder to 1/2 or Full to one side.  I dont use standard mapping so i dont know the original key binds for this function. 

Hit enter to start chat... do some chatting... complete chatting.  

If would be one thing if chat cancelled rudder lock, but it doesn't.   Rudder lock indicator still shows locked, the rudder arrow remains indicating one side full rudder,  but the ship actually stops turning until you either release the lock and reapply, or adjust it to 1/2 and back to full.  If you hit A or D to the same direction its already locked to, it won't turn until you release that key and repress.   Doing this doesn't immediately make it start turning at full lock, you have to wait for the rudder to swing all over again.  I should be able to lock rudder in a turn while i make a quick chat and with this problem I can't do that anymore.  Seems it started back in august at some point.  

I checked all my key configs and did the check for problems thing in the game console.  Still a pain.  I've taken many torp hits and island crashes as a result thinking my ship was still turning while zoomed in but it was instead going straight.  

Anyone else notice this or am i the only one that uses rudder lock while i type some quick notifications to teammates? 

Edited by AnimaL21
mistyped something

[WOLF1]
Members
565 posts
1,540 battles

Yep get the same thing..... tried coordinating with my team as I tried to get out to the line of fire via turning away and ducking behind island....crashed into island 

Happens consistently for me

[GLF]
Members
1,071 posts
17,581 battles
18 minutes ago, Boomer625 said:

Yep get the same thing..... tried coordinating with my team as I tried to get out to the line of fire via turning away and ducking behind island....crashed into island 

Happens consistently for me

I catch it alot of the time, but when theres a busy battle going on, i shouldn't have to worry about the guy at the helm that i told to hold the wheel full rudder until i order him not to.   Right?  

[GLF]
Members
1,071 posts
17,581 battles

Any response on this?   I'd love to know if its something i can look forward to. 

[GLF]
Members
1,071 posts
17,581 battles

Is this actually an area that gets checked, or is it just a place for us to post and B#%^# bout stuff that doesn't work?  lol  

I can verify this is still a problem in 10.0

Edited by AnimaL21