You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
_JohnWick_

Jean Bart.... 388's

9 comments in this topic

Members
95 posts
2,825 battles

Hey Guys...

Quick question... How do you play this ship??

So I'm a noob kinda... over 2k games and I took advantage of the Black Friday sale and bought the Jean Bart Black.  The noob in me didn't look at any of her stats and all I saw was how good of an economy she has and that she's a good ship overall.  After I bought her, took her out and noticed that I wasn't penning ANYTHING... constant shatters and minimal damage.  Not only that, but I thought her accuracy was suppose to be good?  Every salvo looks like a Jackson Pollock.  

I asked someone in game and they told me to use HE whenever the enemy wasn't showing broadside.. so the last few games I did, and it worked out pretty well.. 100k + games.

Is that how you are  to play her? as HE first?  I just think those 388's are lacking quite a bit especially when I compare her to the Georgia.

Any advice would be great ... thanks..

[HINON]
Members
2,304 posts
22,569 battles

She is a fun ship that punishes mistakes on the enemy side.  Feel free to use HE for bow on BB's or DD's.  Swap to AP and use your reload booster to punish broadside BBs and Cruisers.

• Cool 1

[-N-]
Members
2,228 posts
14,857 battles

I think you mean 380's.  I start all my BBs on HE at the beginning.   Better for shooting a DD with.  If a ship is nose in except for Light Cruisers and DDs you probably want to use HE.  JB is also susceptible to getting guns knocked out.   So be prepared for that.  Otherwise with Speed Boost you can play on an off flank and still have speed to pull back.

[2020]
Members
150 posts
3,556 battles

Her accuracy is good, I don't know what happened for you. maybe you played too far back?

Her shooting broadside with boost are goddess. 

[ARS]
Beta Testers
5,330 posts
5,811 battles
26 minutes ago, _JohnWick_ said:

Not only that, but I thought her accuracy was suppose to be good?  Every salvo looks like a Jackson Pollock.  

It is good.....for a French BB.

The French/Italian BBs use the old German dispersion chart, which was the worst one in the game.  Jean Bart's sigma is 1.9, which is better than most French BBs.

https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/171986-premium-ship-review-111-jean-bart/

Edited by Helstrem

[WOLFG]
Members
11,198 posts
10,466 battles
5 minutes ago, GrimmeReaper said:

I think you mean 380's.  I start all my BBs on HE at the beginning.   Better for shooting a DD with.  If a ship is nose in except for Light Cruisers and DDs you probably want to use HE.  JB is also susceptible to getting guns knocked out.   So be prepared for that.  Otherwise with Speed Boost you can play on an off flank and still have speed to pull back.

Bold is where it is best.  On a flank, you can catch broadsides, fire all your guns, and angle.

Members
5,522 posts
10,688 battles

Lots of good videos on how to play her - she is a LOT better with the reload booster.  99.999% of the time I use AP - even on bow in BBs and aim for the super structure.  Go on the flanks (iChases preferred use) or a protected middle (Flamu's general BB play) - they can both be great.  Geenrally don't want to do too much bow in if it can be helped - get the ship turned around before and point away.  If you get focused you can hit the speed boost and get away.  You can't really play it as a tanky brawler early - wait till later in the game.  Punish those German and Russian BB sides and do NOT forget about her AA - it is quite good.  My highest plane count so far is 58 in one game.

[-K-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,505 posts
9,811 battles
1 hour ago, _JohnWick_ said:

The key is to catch opportune moments and abuse your reload booster -- be it for punishing broadsides or quickly setting fires with HE after you see someone use their DCP. Your speed boost will help you get in positions which enable you to do this. Don't be afraid to get a bit closer to the enemies that can't autopen you, since JB is the golden boy of being bow-on, and also can back out of trouble relatively fast with speed boost active.

Other than that, typical 15" stuff -- memorize which ships you can't autopen, and act accordingly.

[REVY]
Members
8,168 posts
6,118 battles
1 hour ago, _JohnWick_ said:

Hey Guys...

So I'm a noob kinda... over 2k games and I took advantage of the Black Friday sale and bought the Jean Bart Black.  The noob in me didn't look at any of her stats and all I saw was how good of an economy she has and that she's a good ship overall.  After I bought her, took her out and noticed that I wasn't penning ANYTHING... constant shatters and minimal damage.  Not only that, but I thought her accuracy was suppose to be good?  Every salvo looks like a Jackson Pollock.  

I asked someone in game and they told me to use HE whenever the enemy wasn't showing broadside.. so the last few games I did, and it worked out pretty well.. 100k + games.

Is that how you are  to play her? as HE first?  I just think those 388's are lacking quite a bit especially when I compare her to the Georgia.

Any advice would be great ... thanks..

Like the Dunkerque, Jean Bart has excellent HE.  Make use of that asset because the AP has high penetration and is low caliber, which makes it very hard to use.

Edited by Sventex