You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
barbaroja_Ar

2020 Turkey Shoot Bounty event is over

22 comments in this topic

[TIAR]
[TIAR]
Beta Testers
1,450 posts
21,671 battles

Gobble Gobble

The event is over. I really enjoyed the opportunity. Did play a lot of ships I don't have, from tier 2 and up. Loved the Iwaki A.

General acceptance was good and I had no incident while playing. Thanks to all the green team members who had me on their team.

I unintentionally killed 2 fellow turkeys, I beg your pardon.

Overall was a fun weekend, hope @Hapa_Foddermakes the mistake of accepting me again!

Fair Seas all

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2

[PVE]
Members
4,832 posts
21,205 battles

Congrats.  Didn't play a single match.  It's in the game mode many of us avoid at all costs..... 

• Cool 1
  • Meh 3

[O_O]
Members
6,910 posts
16,583 battles

I saw a fair amount of them.  I didn't manage to tag one, however.

[A-I-M]
Members
3,588 posts
14,482 battles

Glad it’s over. Saw one Turkey (on my team) “announce” last night simply by saying “Gobble, gobble!”

Killed one last night. I was kind of stoked...until I saw what the rewards were. Given that I play to win, they’re not enough to prioritize a Turkey over targets of more strategic value. Fortunately, I was 1v2 against a half-health Kotovsky (the Turkey) and full-health Kongo; it made prioritization easy.

• Cool 1

[NSEW]
Members
2,156 posts
11,535 battles
30 minutes ago, xHeavy said:

Never saw anything in random for a while in turkey terms. So this event was null.

What he said.

Few years ago, we have high number of 'turkeys' to meet. This year, seems like barely any.

• Cool 2

[ABCD3]
Members
512 posts
13,851 battles

Not as much Turkeys this year.

• Cool 1

[T-D-M]
Members
68 posts
18,442 battles

I saw these Turkey's in matches: #'s 311,201,118,91,246,161,95,297,152 and 286

I was able to get one of the Turkey's. Thank you to all those volunteers and I will enclose a image of a pair of Turkey's (311 & 201) battling extremely hard for their teams.

[TXAGS]coolag02 made a outstanding shot from about 20KM away for the kill on our Turkey.

823945597_Killshotturkey2020.thumb.png.8a93464ab0529f2c99225b2356b8e4ee.png

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
6,187 posts
18,849 battles

I never target turkeys just to target turkeys.  I just play normal and let the chips fall.  That said, I did bag a turkey a few days ago.  Didn't even realize it until I saw it on the end screen.  Last night, I double cit'd a turkey cruiser on my first salvo, but the hits occurred after he went dark.  I knew I really hurt someone and was looking for him to light back up.  Sure enough, he became visible shortly thereafter...with only a slither of life left.  It was only then, after looking at the health bar that I also noticed the name...I was like...hey...that's a turkey.  Of course, that didn't matter as the goal is to eliminate anyone with that kind of damage.  The RNG that delivered my double cit left me on my next salvo as shells landed all around him.  Someone else engaged and erased the few remaining HP for the turkey kill.  Didn't bother me, other than the amusement of the double cit that early.  

[AAA]
Members
185 posts
19,438 battles

I played more than usual this weekend and didn’t see a single turkey. I was mostly grinding tier Xs though, they must not have been running that high. 

[MB-BR]
Members
40 posts
10,208 battles
8 hours ago, barbaroja_Ar said:

Gobble Gobble

The event is over. I really enjoyed the opportunity. Did play a lot of ships I don't have, from tier 2 and up. Loved the Iwaki A.

General acceptance was good and I had no incident while playing. Thanks to all the green team members who had me on their team.

I unintentionally killed 2 fellow turkeys, I beg your pardon.

Overall was a fun weekend, hope @Hapa_Foddermakes the mistake of accepting me again!

Fair Seas all

It was a fun weekend! Also played a lot of ships I don't own. We need more of this kind on event.

Congrats, BRAVO ZULU, to @Hapa_Fodder, @Maredraco and all the staff, and of course, all the turkeys!

Bravo Zulu is a naval signal, typically conveyed by flaghoist or voice  radio, meaning "Well Done"; in addition to U.S. naval forces, it has also  been u… | História

Edited by Gypsy207
  • Cool 1

[PPNA1]
Members
28 posts
4,380 battles

Didn’t see as many Turkeys as I did Pumpkins a few weeks ago. Played about 50 random battles this weekend, saw six Turkeys. Of those six, five were on my team.  

Edited by DownriverRick

[RET]
Alpha Tester
151 posts
14,254 battles

i had my my first event as a volunteer for this and it was great fun . Yes i played some "OP" ships ... who wouldnt with 379 ships , all with 19 point captains ??  , but i also played some glass cannons  ( in ways they are not meant to be played ) and sniped in  t 10 bb's for a bit of a giggle ... but mostly i tried to attract the enemy attention then pull back slightly to draw them into the range of my teammates guns ... it was quite funny watching 4-5-6 ships ignore easier targets that were closer and broadside to them , in an effort to "win the prize" .. all up i found it to be great fun with very little toxicity , and that mostly at higher tiers .
I'll definately be putting my name up for the next event as this one was so much fun 

Thank you  @Hapa_Fodder and your team , keep up the great work

[O_S_D]
Members
201 posts
17,110 battles

I was a turkey this year.  Here are my numbers for the weekend:

65 battles played
29 victories
36 defeats
I sank 39 enemy ships

I was sunk 51 times (when the battle was clearly won or lost I would try to move into a position where the enemy COULD sink me if they tried)

I won a super container in my turkey account which I had to leave behind.  :Smile_sad:

I got sworn at once (F*** you) by an enemy player. 
My battles by tier:

T10 12
T9   1
T8  12
T7  21
T6  10
T5   8
T1   1

I did the T1 just for giggles during a play any tier time slot.  It used to be only people in T1 randoms, but I was surprised to see 3 people and 9 bots per team.  It used to be fun to have those 1 on 1 or 2 on 2 battles at tier 1 which is what I was hoping for, but I guess those are history.

[W-P-A]
Members
9 posts
2,271 battles

This was my first event volunteering and it was great.

Thanks to all the staff and volunteers that put this event together and congrats to all those who got rewarded for sinking a turkey.

Good clean fun.  I'm eager to participate in the next event.