Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
ESX

WG ruined WOT with arty, now they are ruining WOWS with CVs

102 comments in this topic

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
13,713 posts
2 minutes ago, ESX said:

CVs dumb down the game and take away the little strategy that it has

Congrats! You have started the 1,000,000th anti-CV thread! Your reward is this dead horse for you to beat at your leisure. 

tired-horse-on-white-background-260nw-25

• Cool 5
  • Funny 9
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 6
  • Boring 5
  • Meh 7

[SPQR_]
Beta Testers
197 posts
9,755 battles
16 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

Congrats! You have started the 1,000,000th anti-CV thread! Your reward is this dead horse for you to beat at your leisure. 

Yeah I know, the post is not to bring something new as much as it is just a way to vent frustration.  Never understood how WG and so many others could be so blind, starting with the total destruction and degradation of WOT 10 years ago due to missile guidance arty.  And now I see the same pattern with CVs.........  Too bad.

• Cool 4
  • Boring 3
  • Meh 1

[46856]
Members
1,870 posts

Look I am not a big fan of CV's but I can say that they do reduce the number of island huggers/hiders when you get a good one picking those types of players off. So for me its a benefit that way since hiding behind islands saying its concealment play is just plain cheesy. So when I have a CV player that can shake that type of player out of the bush and into the open then I appreciate they are in the game.

• Cool 5
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 1

[SPQR_]
Beta Testers
197 posts
9,755 battles
1 minute ago, Chain_shot said:

Look I am not a big fan of CV's but I can say that they do reduce the number of island huggers/hiders when you get a good one picking those types of players off. So for me its a benefit that way since hiding behind islands saying its concealment play is just plain cheesy. So when I have a CV player that can shake that type of player out of the bush and into the open then I appreciate they are in the game.

There are some uses for a CV, but I don't think enough to balance out the negative they add.  I actually like the idea of CV's, but don't know how to better implement them into the game.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Alpha Tester
6,520 posts
3,306 battles
27 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

Please tell me you actually kept count and this in indeed the millionth anti-CV thread.

Beta Testers
3,497 posts
5,943 battles
2 minutes ago, Chain_shot said:

But I think part of the problem is that if the little ships don't have an island to hide behind they mostly become cannon fodder unless they play even more passive than your average BB.

Edited by CommodoreKang

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,776 posts
712 battles

A Wargaming product without a unit that can sit safely at the back of the map and farm damage while putting itself at virtually no risk of retaliation would not be a Wargaming product. 

• Cool 2
  • Funny 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Boring 1

[SPQR_]
Beta Testers
197 posts
9,755 battles
Just now, ESX said:

There are some uses for a CV, but I don't think enough to balance out the negative they add.

1 minute ago, CommodoreKang said:

But I think part of the problem is that if the little ships don't have an island to hide behind they mostly become cannon fodder unless they play even more passive than your average BB.

And this is where concealment comes into play.

• Boring 2

[46856]
Members
1,870 posts
2 minutes ago, CommodoreKang said:

Yeah no. Its just brain dead play. The island hugging ruined this game as much as CV's did.

• Cool 1
  • Haha 2
  • Meh 1

[-K-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,466 posts
9,751 battles
16 minutes ago, Chain_shot said:

Yeah no. Its just brain dead play. The island hugging ruined this game as much as CV's did.

Island hugging was always a thing, and yet it was never a persistent sentiment/theme on the forums, the way CVs are. Because, for one, islands don't travel at 150+ knots.

But these forum threads are all for naught anyway. The best thing you can do if you really dislike the current CV meta is to stop spending money on the game. I did.

• Cool 4
  • Boring 1

Beta Testers
3,497 posts
5,943 battles
Just now, Chain_shot said:

Well you know.  It is what it is.  But I think you do something to allow the little ships to survive longer than a couple reloads of those big old guns that are shooting at them.

Maybe if you gave all of them giant hit pools and big heals and tons of armor and ginormous guns, the games would be a bit more dynamic.  But then that really wouldn't be bb/ca/dd then.  So, I'm not really sure how you can fix that. 

Force fields maybe?

4,776 posts
712 battles
6 minutes ago, Chain_shot said:

Island hugging is a direct response to blapping. Following that chain of logic, BBs blapping cruisers ruined this game as much as CVs did.

I mean, to at least some extent Wargaming realized this when they removed citadels from destroyers..

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[46856]
Members
1,870 posts
1 minute ago, CommodoreKang said:

Well you know.  It is what it is.  But I think you do something to allow the little ships to survive longer than a couple reloads of those big old guns that are shooting at them. 

Maybe if you gave all of them giant hit pools and big heals and tons of armor and ginormous guns, the games would be a bit more dynamic.  But then that really wouldn't be bb/ca/dd then.  So, I'm not really sure how you can fix that. 

Force fields maybe?

Most good DD players that I know of, know how to use concealment and smoke and rarely island hug. They are usually always in motion. DD, the littlest ship most times shows there is more to the game than tucking up to a rock.

4,776 posts
712 battles
2 minutes ago, Chain_shot said:

DD, the littlest ship most times shows there is more to the game than tucking up to a rock.

A smaller, faster, better-concealed, better-accelerating, more maneuverable ship without a citadel isn't as reliant on hard-cover as a ship that doesn't turn as well, doesn't accelerate as well, isn't concealed as well and has a big portion of it's hitbox dedicated to removing it from the game?

Imagine my shock. 

• Cool 2
  • Thanks 1

Beta Testers
3,497 posts
5,943 battles
4 minutes ago, Chain_shot said:

Most good DD players that I know of, know how to use concealment and smoke and rarely island hug. They are usually always in motion. DD, the littlest ship most times shows there is more to the game than tucking up to a rock.

It's not just DD's that are the cannon fodder.  I include everyone that isn't a BB or CV.

[INTEL]
Members
13,459 posts
37,680 battles
20 minutes ago, Chain_shot said:

Although I have played many games since WG flooded the game with CVs, I have never seen any island hugging ship pushed out into the open by a CV.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[SPQR_]
Beta Testers
197 posts
9,755 battles
16 minutes ago, Chain_shot said:

I have never had a problem with people hugging islands, for one thing they can't shoot or spot nearly as well.  And also CV's don't care about those targets any more than any other target, they go for what is easy for them or DD's.

[46856]
Members
1,870 posts

Blaming CV's for all player woes is a bit simplistic. Someone is getting distracted by shinny bits. Just reverse engineer all the complaints from CV's back and you may get a feel for what has gone wrong with the game. Removing CV's will not stop the cycle of complaints. It'll shift back to something else.

• Meh 1

[SPQR_]
Beta Testers
197 posts
9,755 battles
2 minutes ago, LunchCutter said:

We need a consolidated I hate cv's thread here..  50% reduction in anti cv rhetoric. 

It is only rhetoric to you, your posts can easily be called rhetoric by everyone else.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

4,776 posts
712 battles
1 minute ago, Chain_shot said:

Blaming CV's for all player woes is a bit simplistic. Someone is getting distracted by shinny bits. Just reverse engineer all the complaints from CV's back and you may get a feel for what has gone wrong with the game. Removing CV's will not stop the cycle of complaints. It'll shift back to something else.

"Ignore the problem because if you get rid of the problem, there will be other problems. Therefore, never fix a problem."

Sound advice. 

• Cool 2
  • Meh 1

Beta Testers
3,497 posts
5,943 battles
Just now, Chain_shot said:

An option would suffice.  No one needs to remove CVs.  Just give the players the option to be targets for them.  CVs have changed enough since launch to warrant giving players the ability to opt-in to the new design, i think.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[SPQR_]
Beta Testers
197 posts
9,755 battles
28 minutes ago, Chain_shot said:

4obkru.jpg

No one ever said this.... ever..........

Sign in to follow this