You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
FlyingLoafOfToast

Clan Qualifications

3 comments in this topic

[WURST]
Members
33 posts
4,933 battles

Wouldn't it be nice if a mode like this was available far more often, even permanently, even without any special CB-style rewards?

The chance to play with more than two of your friends and to be more than 1/4 of the team opens up a whole level of tactical control (and effectively introduces strategy) into this game, both of which are highly rewarding and enjoyable, but rarely available.

Rotate the tiers and ship compositions, whatever.  (Just as long as you keep CVs out of it for as much time as possible, because again, it's a far better game without them.)

Yeah, yeah, I know. WG only listens to the player base in order to determine just how far they can push them away from their desires and still get them to cough up money.  I know.  Still.  For one weekend, this was a game which at least my squad was very enthusiastic about playing, enjoyed even when we lost (because nearly every one of our games was a *good* game, win or lose, and which we *could* have won (unlike when it's all about the MvRs/FDRs)), and, I mean... that's good for business, too.  Just sayin'.

v/r

FLOT

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
1,757 posts
5,404 battles

The clan qual is a total bust.

The original form of Clan Battles is perfect with the addition of Merc. The new completion is not worth the time and trouble rounding up 9 and then being destroyed in detail by a group already at ambush in certain bases before we arrive to take it. Im finished with it. Clan probably is too. And we will just wait for the return to the normal Clan battles.

[WURST]
Members
33 posts
4,933 battles

Let me clarify:

I'm talking about a game mode like CB/CQ, neither one in particular.  Just someplace where you can have more than a Division of 3 on a team of 12 random people against the same setup.  It's nice to play with friends and also to utilize the game environment more fully than it is possible to do in Random, because Random inherently prevents players from ever spending enough time with each other to actually co-operate, even if they want to.

I agree that Merc is a good move.

The reason I suggest CQ as something viable is that I am sure WG would *not* like CB rewards to be available full-time.  Besides, CB is taxing with its rigid schedule, and it's a relief when it ends, because people have real lives.  Something with much larger windows of opportunity would be much better.

I'm sorry your CQ experience stank.  :/  Ours neither utilized nor were victimized by ambushes in any of our matches, although yes, this game does simulate land warfare played with boats much more than it simulates sea warfare.  But that's a different topic.

v/r

FLOT