You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Tokamak_Raven

In Soviet Russia, the turkey hunt YOU

40 comments in this topic

[WHS]
Members
197 posts
3,771 battles

All the turkeys I've seen drive super OP or super stealthy ships and are never seen or exposed the entire game.

What's the point of an event like this if they're all just gonna shuffle into their OP ships and hide all game?

There should be a special ship for turkeys that they can only use that are super easy to spot and kill.

• Funny 1
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 4
  • Meh 4

[HINON]
Members
13,812 posts
2 minutes ago, Tokamak_Raven said:

There should be a special ship for turkeys that they can only use that are super easy to spot and kill.

So totally screw their own teammates? Put that under terrible ideas. If you want to get the turkey, go hunt it. The turkey is under no obligation to just appear on your dinner table. 

• Cool 5

[WHS]
Members
197 posts
3,771 battles
33 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

So totally screw their own teammates? Put that under terrible ideas. If you want to get the turkey, go hunt it. The turkey is under no obligation to just appear on your dinner table. 

At least limit the type of ship they can sortie in. Kamikaze or Atlanta are not something a turkey should be in. They should all be given stock Omahas.

• Boring 1
  • Meh 4

[WOLF1]
Members
117 posts
5,898 battles

There's no reason for them to do so, let them run whatever they can.

They already have the entire enemy team hunting them. Let them play whatever they want. If you can't hunt them, thats your problem

• Cool 2

[O2]
Members
390 posts
9,754 battles
2 hours ago, RipNuN2 said:

The turkey is under no obligation to just appear on your dinner table. 

+1

• Cool 1

[APEZ]
Members
2,516 posts
8,937 battles
2 hours ago, Tokamak_Raven said:

All the turkeys I've seen drive super OP or super stealthy ships and are never seen or exposed the entire game.

What's the point of an event like this if they're all just gonna shuffle into their OP ships and hide all game?

You must be running into a rare breed

There is no incentive  structure to stay alive. In fact ,they do their job better by dying quickly and then letting someone else kill them quickly, and so on.   It's set up for them to be hyper aggressive 

• Cool 2

[TSG4]
[TSG4]
Volunteer Moderator
3,252 posts
16,575 battles
3 hours ago, Tokamak_Raven said:

Bias

so Bias, and i have proof

shot-20-11-29-17-55-55-0084.jpg

• Cool 1
  • Confused 1

[FML]
Members
4,117 posts
16,055 battles

Turkeys should try to die once they’ve made a serious contribution to their team winning. This provides the right balance between rewarding the community and not screwing the community on your own team. 

• Cool 2

[46856]
Members
1,870 posts
18 minutes ago, ObiphanKenobi said:

Bias

so Bias, and i have proof

shot-20-11-29-17-55-55-0084.jpg

See its an OP ship and the dam Turkey Krakened in that game. Must have been one hell of a match that the prey took out 5 hunters.

[TSG4]
[TSG4]
Volunteer Moderator
3,252 posts
16,575 battles
4 minutes ago, Chain_shot said:

See its an OP ship

:cap_haloween:

EB is OP ship   OK

[46856]
Members
1,870 posts
26 minutes ago, ObiphanKenobi said:

:cap_haloween:

EB is OP ship   OK

Yeah its so OP its should be nerfed. It's more Op than the Smolensk.:Smile_trollface:

Obi as Turkey in his Emile B.

hqdefault.jpg&q=0&b=1&p=0&a=1

Edited by Chain_shot

[TSG4]
[TSG4]
Volunteer Moderator
3,252 posts
16,575 battles
31 minutes ago, Chain_shot said:

Obi as Turkey in his Emile B.

actually, every event like this i always try the Grem and get kracken before i play other ships

always the first to get kracken in the grem

[CMFRT]
Modder
984 posts
2,391 battles
4 hours ago, Tokamak_Raven said:

What Im reading here is: "I want free stuff with no effort".

As one of the turkeys this time around, I can tell you, we were encouraged to ensure that someone got the rewards, provided we also didnt mess with our team's chances of winning. We were not to just yolo into the enemy team in the hopes of giving up the prize (and contrary to what you might think, that would be far worse than us surviving because then all you would hear is "all these turkeys mess with the game by just dying over and over).

I played 20-ish games this weekend, and I can attest to many times where I would be spotted, in the open, in front of 3 or 4 enemy ships and not a single one would even look at me, even if I made myself a target, and this after being required to announce my presence in all chat.

4 hours ago, Tokamak_Raven said:

At least limit the type of ship they can sortie in. Kamikaze or Atlanta are not something a turkey should be in. They should all be given stock Omahas.

This might be the first time Ive ever seen someone suggest that the Atlanta is OP... that being said you want the dollars worth of flags? Youre gonna have to put in effort.

• Cool 1

[GLF]
Members
44 posts
24,855 battles

I actually killed a Turkey who was playing a kami r.  He would break cover drop torps and restealth,  eventually my bb' s rounds grouped enough to kill him. My only Turkey kill.  I gave him a +1 for not doing the perma hide kami r approach. 

In general the Turkey s I encountered played to both the letter and spirit of the rules.

Edited by Yad_Anzac
spelling

Members
441 posts
2,689 battles
9 hours ago, Tokamak_Raven said:

I finally caught one yesterday. They were in a DD but moved aggressively to our cap where I was able to take him out with my Eugen. I agree with Rip - having them be "super easy to spot and kill" would be the bigger problem. I haven't noticed that the turkeys tend to play any one kind of ship (OP or otherwise), tho I've heard that they're not allowed to play CVs, and I don't remember seeing any in BBs.

[WOLF4]
[WOLF4]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
895 posts
13,802 battles
6 minutes ago, Whiskey_Rebel said:

tho I've heard that they're not allowed to play CVs

Good reason for that, they are removed from the accounts that the turkeys play with.

[WPORT]
Members
7,080 posts
12,062 battles
9 hours ago, RipNuN2 said:

If you want to get the turkey, go hunt it. The turkey is under no obligation to just appear on your dinner table. 

+1

[WPORT]
Members
7,080 posts
12,062 battles

Shared a couple of Tier-2 games wherein @Maredraco was playing a Turkey Ship, over the weekend.
If I recall correctly, he sailed a DD in one game and a Cruiser in another.

Turkeys, like Pumpkins, sail a variety of ships, including some less well known ships.

I didn't sink a Turkey this past weekend, but I did have fun in the games with the Turkey Ship Players acting as volunteers for a nice-change-of-pace event.
I guess that I lucked-out and was fortunate to have played my Tier-2 DD's at the right time.  I enjoyed several games with various Turkey Ship Volunteers who made life entertaining.

• Cool 1

[CLUMP]
Members
1,158 posts
1,433 battles

At first, was trying to figure what this post was about then realize this is one of those take out a specific target get something for it like doubloons or stuff :Smile_amazed: Hunters became hunted :Smile_teethhappy:

[S0L0]
[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,734 posts
7,251 battles

I only saw red one over the weekend.. I didn't play a lot.    Clearly it was a very good player and clearly there was no way it was going to be sunk?   I usually don't pay much attention to them or even think much about how they play... but this player had zero intention of anyone collecting that reward..  spent early part of game spamming HE from behind a island in a IJN cruiser... as soon as finally spotted and taking fire with the flank weakening... it repositioned to behind the team and safe space... as soon as threatened again it would stop firing and depart further from action.  At the point it was inevitable..   he just bugged out to back of map never to be seen again?   Whatever,.... stat padding in a event acct seems a little pointless..   I guess these are volunteers and their normal playstyles are hard to get away from..  but to me felt a little contrary to the spirit of the event?   Just an observation...   I didn't lose any sleep over it.   

[WPORT]
Members
7,080 posts
12,062 battles
5 hours ago, Avalon304 said:

What Im reading here is: "I want free stuff with no effort".

As one of the turkeys this time around, I can tell you, we were encouraged to ensure that someone got the rewards, provided we also didnt mess with our team's chances of winning. We were not to just yolo into the enemy team in the hopes of giving up the prize (and contrary to what you might think, that would be far worse than us surviving because then all you would hear is "all these turkeys mess with the game by just dying over and over).

I played 20-ish games this weekend, and I can attest to many times where I would be spotted, in the open, in front of 3 or 4 enemy ships and not a single one would even look at me, even if I made myself a target, and this after being required to announce my presence in all chat.

This might be the first time Ive ever seen someone suggest that the Atlanta is OP... that being said you want the dollars worth of flags? Youre gonna have to put in effort.

Personally, I want the Turkey, Pumpkin, Pirate and etc. to be a Worthy Adversary.

It is not supposed to be *easy*.  The more difficult the battle, the more "thrills, chills and spills", the better and more memorable the occasion will be.

"There we were, lined up at our spawn points, and then a Turkey announced in all-chat ...", should be the beginning of an EPIC DRINKING STORY!!!!   :cap_viking::Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 1

[AAA]
Members
179 posts
19,398 battles

Is this a necro thread or were these from this year ? 

i played more games than normal and didn’t see a single one. I would be happy if they just showed up in my games and don’t care what ship they are in. 

Members
441 posts
2,689 battles
18 minutes ago, xXUglykidXx said:

Is this a necro thread or were these from this year ? 

This year. I saw them constantly at tiers 8+

[AAA]
Members
179 posts
19,398 battles
1 minute ago, Whiskey_Rebel said:

This year. I saw them constantly at tiers 8+

I was pretty much at X this weekend trying to complete as many UU missions as I could. Maybe that is why I didn’t see any.