Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Agent86_2014

Disappearing enemy ships

15 comments in this topic

Members
2 posts
917 battles

Help.  Over the last few weeks after playing 3 games shortly after the start of game 4 the enemy ship silhouettes disappear.  I’m left with just the ship marker above the enemy ship.  Also my shots disappear and my speed indicator, damage received to my ship as well as repair and heal freezes.  I have the sound telling me my ship is receiving damage I can still turn and shoot,  but sail along with no idea if I’m hitting anything.   I’m running the up to date version.  Never had this happen before.  Any ideas how to fix this?

[WORX]
Members
11,993 posts
19,508 battles
16 minutes ago, Agent86_2014 said:

Help.  Over the last few weeks after playing 3 games shortly after the start of game 4 the enemy ship silhouettes disappear.  I’m left with just the ship marker above the enemy ship.  Also my shots disappear and my speed indicator, damage received to my ship as well as repair and heal freezes.  I have the sound telling me my ship is receiving damage I can still turn and shoot,  but sail along with no idea if I’m hitting anything.   I’m running the up to date version.  Never had this happen before.  Any ideas how to fix this?

Enter in troubleshoot mode in your client..

Edited by Navalpride33

[KMS]
Beta Testers
311 posts
17,704 battles
5 hours ago, Navalpride33 said:

Enter in troubleshoot mode in your client..

WRONG== it is a programing error by WG, see other posts,  tons of people are having this problem ,  and so am I

I Ran the check program function when this first started happening to me and WG Check  said everything was ok.

WG gave us a bad patch that randomly destroys battles with unplayable game graphics and broken interface that hits some computers worse than others.

at first for me it was one in 12 games now it is 1 in 2 on the computer i normally play on.

• Cool 1

[WORX]
Members
11,993 posts
19,508 battles
24 minutes ago, OttoVonPrien said:

WRONG== it is a programing error by WG, see other posts, 

Bro, Its a troubleshooting situation not hate on WG just to hate on WG... I dont have no issues with this patch what so ever.

There have been over 12k players who have played this patch without issues.. If you have issues troubleshoot it...

If you still can't figure it out then

• Report it as a bug in the forums
  • Report it to CS along with your WGC check report..
    • They also do one for network connectivity...

So you do have options... What is bad from my POV, is to assume the OP's problem is the same as my problem.. Until proven otherwise (as noted above), your problem is not the same or relatable to the OP's issues.

[KMS]
Beta Testers
311 posts
17,704 battles
3 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

Bro, Its a troubleshooting situation not hate on WG just to hate on WG... I dont have no issues with this patch what so ever.

There have been over 12k players who have played this patch without issues.. If you have issues troubleshoot it...

So you do have options... What is bad from my POV, is to assume the OP's problem is the same as my problem.. Until proven otherwise (as noted above), your problem is not the same or relatable to the OP's issues.

a bunch of people are reporting these kind of things,  i ran wg check three times and it oked the game code and fixed nothing . but problems  continued off and on, it seems to be hitting a lot of older computers

i had the exact same problem with disappearing ships and wg check did not fix it. and one game would be ok and the next unplayable,  your post is not the only one about issues with this last patch, i suspect there might be more issues with older machines than newer ones, graphic engine issues perhaps , driver issues on older machines, i suspect something that increases  the programs impact on the hardware- software of the computers having this problem,   How many people are having on and off issues with this patch and are blaming their internet connection? or something else. obviously at some point support for older weaker machines has to be dropped, but mine is a windows 10 I7 rig and was the best HP made a few years back  time for a new one i guess, still wg rushes to keep an insane schedule and the number of  known bugs keep growing faster than they are fixing them.

PS retired now but was an IT professional and programmer, and would not want to keep WGs rushed schedule 

[WORX]
Members
11,993 posts
19,508 battles
8 minutes ago, OttoVonPrien said:

a bunch of people are reporting these kind of things,  i ran wg check three times and it oked the game code and fixed nothing . but problems  continued off and on, it seems to be hitting a lot of older computers

i had the exact same problem with disappearing ships and wg check did not fix it. and one game would be ok and the next unplayable,  your post is not the only one about issues with this last patch, i suspect there might be more issues with older machines than newer ones, graphic engine issues perhaps , driver issues on older machines, i suspect something that increases  the programs impact on the hardware- software of the computers having this problem,   How many people are having on and off issues with this patch and are blaming their internet connection? or something else. obviously at some point support for older weaker machines has to be dropped, but mine is a windows 10 I7 rig and was the best HP made a few years back  time for a new one i guess, still wg rushes to keep an insane schedule and the number of  known bugs keep growing faster than they are fixing them.

PS retired now but was an IT professional and programmer, and would not want to keep WGs rushed schedule 

Look big guy, once you're out of the profession... Your expertise, is moot.

Still, you should know how to troubleshoot...

I never said to use WGC to the OP... I did say to use the troubleshooting feature in the client (two different things...)

Now your mixing Graphics issues with connection issues, again the OP did not state any connection issues just graphics.

Until the OP states he has an old rig, or a bad connect.. I am not going to rush to a conclusion without any concrete feedback from the OP..

In your situation. Your PC might be having other issues.

You're an IT pro, you should be able to find the issue... You dont need my assistance or the advice of the forums to figure it out...

Like I stated, over 12k people have played the patch ( that includes me) without problems... Statistically speaking, I doubt all 12k players have super high end PC rigs with super fast fiber ( as you suggest discrimination against old rig set ups).

[ONAVY]
[ONAVY]
Members
679 posts
15,705 battles
On 11/30/2020 at 3:50 AM, Navalpride33 said:

Not entirely true Navalpride33. Everyone I know had a black screen flash while playing on the Islands of Ice map in Clan Battles. Many have had disconnects during battle and other issues since patch 0.9.10. WG has a serious issue with WGCheck sourcing a virus, which they acknowledge is a known issue. So don't be so ready to discount the OP.

[WORX]
Members
11,993 posts
19,508 battles
Just now, Willy55_1955 said:

Not entirely true Navalpride33. Everyone I know had a black screen flash while playing on the Islands of Ice map in Clan Battles. Many have had disconnects during battle and other issues since patch 0.9.10. WG has a serious issue with WGCheck sourcing a virus, which they acknowledge is a known issue. So don't be so ready to discount the OP.

I never discounted his claims if I am giving him remedies to proceed.

I am being truthful with what he is up against.

[ONAVY]
[ONAVY]
Members
679 posts
15,705 battles
On 11/30/2020 at 4:15 AM, OttoVonPrien said:

Not entirely true. Everyone I know had a black screen flash while playing on the Islands of Ice map in Clan Battles. Many have had disconnects during battle and other issues since patch 0.9.10. WG has a serious issue with WGCheck sourcing a virus, which they acknowledge is a known issue. So don't be so ready to discount the OP.

[ONAVY]
[ONAVY]
Members
679 posts
15,705 battles
3 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

I never discounted his claims if I am giving him remedies to proceed.

I am being truthful with what he is up against.

Sorry, the response was meant for OttoVonPrien, not you. My bad.

Edited by Willy55_1955
  • Thanks 1

[O_B_G]
Members
33 posts
12,880 battles

I've had the same issue sporadically.  WG ticket response was my computer was too close to min specs, It's not.  I'm comfortably above min, and recommended, in all areas except Video card, and it's only slightly below recommended.  In any case, the game should be completely playable at Min specs, that what min specs are, even if you need to reduce you graphical settings to do so, which I have done.  Setting them all to Low has helped, but not eliminated the issue entirely.  WG needs to decide if they want me to continue to spend the money that I do on this game, or on a new rig, because I won't do both.   

[ASHIP]
Members
226 posts
12,170 battles

Same thing. These [edited]nerds did not fix crap. I am so sick of this company. Why dont they [edited]sell the game a capable one? IS NOT ON OUR END. Invisible ships, shells, fall. hyperlag. The problem is when you use a torp ship. Whenever you start using torps problems start to happen regardless of the type of vessel. 

[KAG]
Members
10 posts
16,049 battles
2 hours ago, derzwerge said:

Same thing. These [edited]nerds did not fix crap. I am so sick of this company. Why dont they [edited]sell the game a capable one? IS NOT ON OUR END. Invisible ships, shells, fall. hyperlag. The problem is when you use a torp ship. Whenever you start using torps problems start to happen regardless of the type of vessel. 

try to update your client to 9.11 and see if it still happens, mine works fine after 9.11, and im sure the glitch happened because my potato pc, not related to patch or halloween mode at all. hm

[KREW]
[KREW]
Members
12 posts
21,399 battles

I've had all of these problem.  I removed all mods, used all suggested settings, and even reinstalled the game,  No change.  They know it's a bug on their side, and said so in response to my ticket...

2020-11-30.png

• Cool 1

[ASHIP]
Members
226 posts
12,170 battles
2 hours ago, Ommi said:

try to update your client to 9.11 and see if it still happens, mine works fine after 9.11, and im sure the glitch happened because my potato pc, not related to patch or halloween mode at all. hm

Is not on out end. Some people might be fine, not here. 

Sign in to follow this