You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Ensign_Cthulhu

Weekend Spree 27 to 29 November 2020

27 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Members
22,219 posts
16,189 battles

Got my naval battles done, put a whole lot of XP on the Shchors, and found to my dismay that I am as terrible at the Lion as I have always been.

Bought Kaga B and Atago B, won the Sims B in the Armory sequential unlock thing, created some content and streamed for a bit. 

Confirmed once more that having an audience around makes the losses not suck quite as much.

Am currently contemplating a funeral service for my win rate!

• Funny 2

Members
3,877 posts
13,993 battles

The 100 game Oklahoma experiment/test started off strong on Turkey day. Has gone down a bit. Few observations. 1. I havent really noticed the CVs 2. Mid tiers isnt really better quality play than the higher tiers. 3. Lots of lemming trains 4. Oklahoma is not good

meh.jpg

meh2.jpg

[PVE]
Members
4,780 posts
21,093 battles

Naval Battles Aye....  7/10 this time?  Three spawn points were where there was literally nothing to shoot at !  The games were over before I even saw a second ship !!!  Oh well, spawn point in everything.

Bought out the UK Cruiser line to the Minotaur.  I simply couldn't stand the Edinburgh and I was ready to quit the game........  So, I spent the FXP and Credits to finish the line out.  Same with the Russian BB Line (bought out the Tier 10 only -  had the rest....)  I only have 12 Tier ten ships for the snowflake events..... 

Finished the BF Combat Mission and bought the 11 sequential crates......  All I received out of all of those crates was one day of PT and camo.....  Let's see:  11+1+6+4 = 22 crates and no ships or anything meaningful....  Wow.  That is not good.  I was going to buy the Cossack and now, have changed my mind....  And, even if I did get a ship, it would have been the Kaga and I don't play carriers.

Time to stop playing for a few days because the game has grown stagnant and to be honest, there is nothing worth playing for??? 

[RBMK2]
[RBMK2]
Members
602 posts
12,371 battles

Got diddly and squat from my free containers, but it was at least free stuff.

Also continued thrashing my win rate. Had 2 matches where MMM said we were an 8% point favorite and lost both :cap_wander:

Finally finished up the Albemarle and got the Drake. Just in time for the reduced price on upgrades.

Played Kansas a few times. She doesn't suck nearly as bad as I thought she would. Oh she still sucks, but I had below Krispy Kreme level of expectations. No intention of playing her regularly, but you can make it work.

[WOLF9]
Members
984 posts
21,611 battles

Congrats Ensign.  I was in a match with you and your Lion.  RNG decided that my Nevsky had to leave the match early, but I did take one down with me.  As I said there, the Lion is a notch above the Monarch (which I consider to be the worst ship in T8 - T10), but light years behind the Conq.  Not a big fan of the Shchors either, but I had some good matches in her.

I went 10/10 in Naval battles, but mostly because I got on early on Friday and most were the low hanging 5k damage fruit.  I did get 1-2 40k tiers too.

I bought 9 crates (3 of the 250 dub a shot older ones) and the 6 pack of premium crates.  Got a 1250 dub crate.  The rest were lurker camos and premium time.  I am close to Spring, 2022 of premium time balance.  No ships.  No complaints and no regrets. 

I did not purchase any B ships.  I have Mass B, Tirp B and Scharn B, and I don't play them enough to warrant any more purchases (I have all the non B versions of these 3).

Grinding the 7 DD lines, but no new tiers yet.  Minsk is going to take forever as I need 214K XP on her.  Enjoying the Benson, but hate the RN and PE lines completely.  FR are ok because they have torps that work (looking at you PE).  PA are ok but have to kill / dodge that red DD first to get to a spot to use those DWT.

Grinding my 16 named Commanders (plus a few others like Jingles) that I want to get to level 19 / 21, so not getting much EXCP these days, but working on these guys.  EXCP is sitting at around 1.36 million.  That should be enough to graduate Halsey and Lutjens to 21 so that they can buy alcohol for the crews (or close to it anyways).

Grinding FXP - currently at 420k.

Grinding credits for the new USN BBs - currently at 23 mil.

On step 4 of the BF crate mission (16k BXP).  Will take a few more days to complete that one.  Nothing special out of the crates so far.

Been reading some positive comments on Minnesota, especially her guns, so looking forward to that on Wednesday (should be then I believe).  Kansas has 180k XP on her, so I will get Minne first thing.  I will play her in a battle or two and see if I will go for the Vermont using FXP.

[RLGN]
Members
15,142 posts
26,760 battles

Got NB done on Friday, 10/10.

Counting Monday, since that’s my second day off instead of Sunday, I’ll likely get the remaining T10s of my 14 that have UUs to stage 5.

[WOLFG]
Members
11,100 posts
10,330 battles

Put up the Christmas tree, helped my son start putting together his computer, cut my hair, failed my clan miserably in naval battles on Saturday(after forgetting to enable them on Friday, and waterboarded my children until they gave me their Christmas lists for their grandmother.

Typical weekend really.

• Cool 1

[TDG]
Members
1,853 posts
13,940 battles

Finished the Black Friday combat missions, and got the 11-stage Armory chain.  Netted 82K Free XP, 5K Coal, a week of Premium Time, and other odds-and-ends.

Made progress on the re-grind of the US DD line.  I am nearly done with the Benson.  This ship's commander just made it to 16-points.

I have over 1.6 M Free XP.  I can complete the re-grind above at any time, so I will be able to get their Snowflakes.

I have over 1.4 M Elite Commander XP, so I am ready for the rebork of the commander skill system.

I also finished the sea trails for the Oklahoma.  This ship was painful to drive and fight, but I did OK and the credits earned were surprisingly good.

[DVYJC]
Members
3,657 posts
8,673 battles

I spent most of the weekend turkeying, 55 matches. Did my naval battles all on Thursday and Friday. I don't try to pick off all the low-hanging fruit, I just pick something I like to play that no one else is working on and go. I think I only got 7/10, but I had a couple up to the 110k marker, so that helped the clan by leaving the lower levels for people with less experience and fewer ships. Did all but the last stage of the Black Friday mission chain on my main account, got bupkis. Bought the sequential 250-doubloon chain and got exactly as many doubloons back for the crates as I spent to get them, which I should have taken as a sign to quit while I was ahead, but I was stupid and bought six premium crates and got bupkis for those. 35k FXP was the only worthwhile drop, otherwise I just added two weeks of premium time to my current two+ years remaining and increased my stock of Shadow Lurker camos by maybe 15%.

Edited by RainbowFartingUnicorn

Members
378 posts
15,147 battles

Bought 5 black containers and pulled a Cossack B out of one.  Played my regular Cossack for the 250 dbls.  Worked on the Buffalo during the week and unlocked the DM.  Was smart enough to hold off the purchase until the weekend, so benefited from the US discount.  My second T10 line ground out (first was the Moskova, which of course is now a special ship; still regrinding through the Donskoi).  Otherwise, played when I could and took advantage of the 100% win bonus.  Hopefully will earn the final crate bonus before that goes away.

[PMWC1]
Members
209 posts
6,822 battles

I was out of town for Thanksgiving so I didn’t play until Sunday.

Tried two randoms and was thoroughly blown out in both; consistent with match making monitor predictions.  Moved to coop and tried to salvage naval battles (needed 9/10 to tie).  We came up 3 stars short.  Frustrating night.

I did have good returns on premium crate purchases so it wasn’t all bad.

Edited by DM31

[SYJ]
Members
159 posts
15,538 battles

Opened the 11 stacked Armory Black Friday crates and got a Sims B and Atago B.  I already had the non-B versions so with the doubloon missions they paid for themselves.

[SYJ]
Members
159 posts
15,538 battles

One other satisfying thing I managed to out juke a FDR's planes over multiple attacks at the end of a match in my radar equipped Chung Mu.

[SIM]
Members
5,583 posts
9,010 battles

I played a few absolutely miserable games, bought a Black Friday container and got a Kaga B (WG apparently doesn’t realize that just because I defend the right of CVs to exist doesn’t mean that I like playing them!), played a couple more miserable games, and uninstalled. I’ll be back in time for Santa Crates, but I’ve got better things to do than put up with a game that consistently brings me no joy. 

Edited by SkaerKrow

[ARGSY]
Members
22,219 posts
16,189 battles
21 minutes ago, SkaerKrow said:

WG apparently doesn’t realize that just because I defend the right of CVs to exist doesn’t mean that I like playing them!

You've got to admit, though, that son-of-a... has a wry sense of humour. 

Keep it and use it for CV-eligible spotting ribbons missions.

When Randoms shows me misery, I go to Co-op to destroy and to vent my frustrations on the weak and artificial.

[WOLF9]
Members
4,667 posts

Didn't play until Sunday.   I paused the download on my new computer, so I could play on the old one.

After 2 horrible late load in's, a disconnect as soon as I got matched, and having to shut off and restart before I could even access the armor or premium shop, it went okay.

Got Cossack mission done quickly!   Not a lot of fun, because in all 5 games, the bot's module damage chances had been boosted to 300% chance of destroying something...   The only match in which I ended the game with a functioning torpedo launcher was the one where I got disconnected, and didn't load-back in until there was 1  red 1/3 health cruiser and the red CV left.   I got one salvo off, before it ended.   The rest of the time, I Kept getting blasted by hyper accurate BB salvos from the other side of the map.    Boo! Hiss!!

Had far more success in Nagato  (finally go a match where the shells actually went where I pointed em!), and especially Iowa.

Ended up completing the final mission on the second to last 5 Epochs,  part 6 of US BB's, and knocking off all 6 daily's.  (which earned me a free port slot for completing that one, too)   Put BIG chunks of XP on both of those BB's (which I'm grinding)  

While checking things out, it came to my attention that I was 50 ribbons away from completing that US BB mission, if I played DD, instead of  grinding for base XP, lol.

One match in the tier 6 RN fixed that, lol.    Got to read the fine print sometimes, dummy!

My black friday total remains at one ship, but I got a healthy heaping bunch of premium camos, and some FXP so that's cool.    At least it wasn't all ramming flags, lol!

I see the final 5 Epochs grind is for tier 8-10's,  and I have at least 2 of the specific ships for nearly all the missions (and most often, they're ones I like!).   Sounds like a good excuse to keep grinding Iowa,  and play Missouri;  Ohio; Georgia; Mass; Alaska; PR, and Anchorage.   Maybe bring out my Bayard, too.   Even finish off Bismarck, lol.

I'm coming to the conclusion that I REALLY like Iowa.

Edit:   Am I the only one who hear's that silly Space Battleship Yamato theme song in my head when I play Nagato?    NAH- GAH-TOOOOO!!!!

Edited by Fletcher7_1944

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,312 posts
17,497 battles

Doing random things waiting for the holiday patch. Picked up the JB B, Atago B and Sims B. Was gifted a pile of doubloons so I am ready to go for the dockyard.

Had a weird thing happen. Had an extra 30 days prem time drop on my account and I am not sure what it is from.

Members
990 posts
11,220 battles

I took advantage of the 80% off module demount, and swapped in the slot 6 Unique Upgrades for Des Moines and Worcester (earned the old way, not with Research Points).  After a few battles of both using each upgrade, I have decided that I really do not like playing Tier X cruisers.

I took advantage of the 50% off module sale and fitted out Harugumo, Nevsky, Grozovoi and Minotaur.  Had enough credits left to buy and fit out Fletcher and Tallinn.

I completed the 4-mission chain and the 2M credit mission for various Black Friday containers.  I only opened the first five (all Type 59 and Shadow Lurker camos) but did not open the final 6 just earned today for completing the Base XP task, since I am going out of town tomorrow and did not want to waste any Premium time which might be inside.  Who am I kidding, they are all going to be more camo, right?

I had a very, erm, interesting game in my Kagero.  Standard Battle, no-CV, on the North map.  All the reds flanked far to the east and west, so I sailed straight into their base and capped for the win at about the 8-minute mark.  I finished pretty high on the XP board, but that kind of game shows up with a "very bad" PR on Warships Numbers (since PR only rewards wins, kills and damage, and I did just a few hundred damage total on the red Cossack at the beginning of the battle).

[SHAFT]
Members
815 posts
18,340 battles
On 11/29/2020 at 8:04 PM, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Bought Kaga B and Atago B, won the Sims B in the Armory sequential unlock thing, created some content and streamed for a bit. 

Somebody at WG has a sick sense of humor. I hate CVs, can't play them to save my life.

So just add salt to an epic loss tonight I finally get a ship from a BF container.....Kaga B. You better have a good tutorial for me to struggle to get the free dubs from the mission. :Smile_amazed:

shot-20.11.30_22.35.44-0852.jpg

shot-20.11.30_22.35.47-0354.jpg

shot-20.11.30_22.37.10-0568.jpg

[ARGSY]
Members
22,219 posts
16,189 battles
14 minutes ago, Rabin69 said:

You better have a good tutorial for me to struggle to get the free dubs from the mission. 

You can't do the mission unless you have the original, non-Black Kaga in port.

Put the ship aside and use it in co-op when a directive mission comes up to farm spotting ribbons using carriers.

• Cool 1

[WOLF1]
Members
275 posts
57,030 battles
3 hours ago, paradat said:

Had a weird thing happen. Had an extra 30 days prem time drop on my account and I am not sure what it is from.

Same thing happened to me. In my case, it turned out to be another gift from the WoWS/Verizon Wireless partnership. I didn't have to do anything special to claim it...it just showed up ( along with a 15% discount coupon for the premium shop) . I got an e-mail after the fact to notify me of the gift.  

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,312 posts
17,497 battles
58 minutes ago, oldblackdog said:

Same thing happened to me. In my case, it turned out to be another gift from the WoWS/Verizon Wireless partnership. I didn't have to do anything special to claim it...it just showed up ( along with a 15% discount coupon for the premium shop) . I got an e-mail after the fact to notify me of the gift.  

Hmm yeah that could be it. Will check it out thanks!

[4HIM]
Members
3,243 posts
14,271 battles

Was off last week so I started early Friday on Naval Battles and was 10/10.  Early bird gets to pick the low hanging fruit.

Finished off the grind for several ships.  Oland, Z-46, and Amalfi.  

Repurchased Eden-bruh.

With the discount on upgrades, finally put them back on Eden-bruh, Seattle, Buffalo Chip, and a couple ARP Kongos that only serve as snowflake ships.  

Now I need to work on earning credits.  

[ARGSY]
Members
22,219 posts
16,189 battles
2 minutes ago, ZARDOZ_II said:

Now I need to work on earning credits.  

The unfortunate but unavoidable consequence of your spending spree!!! :Smile_coin:

I've got a bunch of ships that I have unlocked but not enough credits to buy and equip them. Fortunately most of them are superfluous to my needs and wants, or I'd be in real trouble!  Grinds for RU cruisers, RU BB, RU DD, all KM ships, PA DD and Italian cruisers have all been artificially capped where they are right now with the exception of the Tallinn, which I should have in port by the end of this week. That will knock me down to a couple of million again, but at least that's not as bad as the last spending/unlocking/purchasing spree, which had me somewhere down in the low hundred thousands.

Tomorrow, when the US BB's drop into the tree, I'll know for sure exactly how much Minnesota and Vermont are going to cost me in the long run. At least I got Kansas from the event directives and don't have to find another 15 million or so credits for her (rough estimate).

[ARGSY]
Members
22,219 posts
16,189 battles
11 hours ago, Fletcher7_1944 said:

Edit:   Am I the only one who hear's that silly Space Battleship Yamato theme song in my head when I play Nagato?    NAH- GAH-TOOOOO!!!!

No, you aren't - I've caught myself singing it that way on occasion too.