You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
CrypticTaco

Jean Bart Black Worth?

40 comments in this topic

[EDF]
Members
69 posts
1,387 battles

Basically as the title asks, ive got a tirpitz and a indianapolis (which im really regreting i ever got them years ago...)

just looking for a solid credit printer and a more so fun ship asides from the credit potential.

Thanks in Advance!

[EDF]
Members
69 posts
1,387 battles
2 minutes ago, weiwaynezhang said:

I had a lot of fun since I got it. The guns are so good.credits not bad too

not alot of battles under my belt (although getting more into it) how was it to learn and get good with? tirpitz with basically all special flags was printing 200-450k  on a fairly good game

[REVY]
Members
8,146 posts
6,118 battles
9 minutes ago, CrypticTaco said:

Basically as the title asks, ive got a tirpitz and a indianapolis (which im really regreting i ever got them years ago...)

just looking for a solid credit printer and a more so fun ship asides from the credit potential.

Thanks in Advance!

And me just 5 minutes ago training my destroyer captain in the Jean Bart B.

WorldOfWarships64 2020-11-29 11-40-03-03.jpg

Edited by Sventex

[EDF]
Members
69 posts
1,387 battles
18 minutes ago, Sventex said:

And me just 5 minutes ago training my destroyer captain in the Jean Bart B.

WorldOfWarships64 2020-11-29 11-40-03-03.jpg

wish u didnt quote that video... cause damm.... thats why i started questioning if i wanted one lol... also got them azur lane commanders to train up... was gonna but also heard it got a like silent nerf? idk if thats true or not tho

Edited by CrypticTaco

Members
317 posts
25 battles

Yes, it's become my most played and best average damage dealer on my EU account.
Tonight's game.

1884045577_JeanBart155K2killsDreadnought.thumb.jpg.108c3db36cb466ec920c99724183ee8d.jpg

The reload booster is currently bugged and sometimes doesn't work but it's a bug being fixed in the PTS.

[USCG]
Members
713 posts
21,977 battles

While the JBB is a good/great ship, if you want credits I recommend getting a premium account. 

I would also recommend waiting till Christmas since they tend to do a 50% reduction for one year’s premium. Think it runs around $45 -$50. 

If you enjoy the game, premium is the way to go. Your credit issues won’t be a problem. 

• Cool 1

[WPORT]
Members
7,142 posts
12,161 battles

I do not regret for one moment welcoming Jean Bart, Tirpitz, Odin, Kii, Massachusetts, Scharnhorst-B (got it in a crate) and several other premiums to my port.

So, if you're tempted and have the spare doubloons, I encourage you to get the only available version of Jean Bart that one can get right now.  :-)

I set mine up for brawling and dynamic maneuver game-play.  

My Tirpitz self-identifies as a "plus sized DD".

Good luck and have fun @CrypticTaco.  :-)

[WPORT]
Members
7,142 posts
12,161 battles
3 minutes ago, cgbosn4 said:

While the JBB is a good/great ship, if you want credits I recommend getting a premium account. 

I would also recommend waiting till Christmas since they tend to do a 50% reduction for one year’s premium. Think it runs around $45 -$50. 

If you enjoy the game, premium is the way to go. Your credit issues won’t be a problem. 

Yep.  It's true that premium account status does help with the "grind" and helps ships earn more per battle.
So, yeah, getting premium time when it is on sale around Christmas is a smart buy.

[EDF]
Members
69 posts
1,387 battles
10 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Yep.  It's true that premium account status does help with the "grind" and helps ships earn more per battle.
So, yeah, getting premium time when it is on sale around Christmas is a smart buy.

agreed christmas time is great for prem time normally.... but feel jean b can be a safe bet as ur always gonna be printing creds as oppose to prem time which helps the ship grind but not the cred issues im currently facing as i have tons of exp flags but no creds to buy not to mention i also feel atleast with jean b i can play at my lesiure as a oppose to getting prem time and feeling i have to play for that month 

Edited by CrypticTaco

[VORTX]
Members
472 posts
6,844 battles

I bought mine using a 15% off coupon from Verizon (if you happen to be a customer). Im Very happy with it and don’t feel I’ll have any buyers remorse from it. For some perspective, my favorite premiums or Mass, Mainz, Ak and Ga. 

[EDF]
Members
69 posts
1,387 battles
31 minutes ago, Pirate_Named_Sue said:

I bought mine using a 15% off coupon from Verizon (if you happen to be a customer). Im Very happy with it and don’t feel I’ll have any buyers remorse from it. For some perspective, my favorite premiums or Mass, Mainz, Ak and Ga. 

sadly not im a player from eu on na servers due to my american friends lol

[_DOS_]
Members
452 posts
3,555 battles

I'm trying to decide between the Jean Bart B, Georgia, and Alaska B. More or less leaning towards Jean Bart B since I am grinding the French BB line at the moment, although I hear the Alaska is worth the money too but I don't have much experience with the US CA line. I guess the Jean Bart B is the smart choice here?

[POP]
Beta Testers
4,735 posts
7,019 battles

its one of the best tier9 premium BBs you can get,on par with georgia and musashi.

[BB35]
Members
555 posts
4,563 battles

I couldn't get the coal before she was removed, so spending some money was well worth it for me. 

I'm trying to decide if I want to go secondary build or standard BB build. I have 2 19P French CPT, one secondary build I have in the Alsace, and one standard BB for the Republique.

[REVY]
Members
8,146 posts
6,118 battles
8 minutes ago, Markk9 said:

I couldn't get the coal before she was removed, so spending some money was well worth it for me. 

I'm trying to decide if I want to go secondary build or standard BB build. I have 2 19P French CPT, one secondary build I have in the Alsace, and one standard BB for the Republique.

With ammo reload booster, Jean Bart has pretty decent DD hunting capabilities, secondaries further augment your deadliness against DDs.  If you want to hang back and just shipe, then obviously use the standard build.

Members
173 posts
5,459 battles

Just know that if you BUY the Jean Bart B and do not own the Jean Bart, you can NOT complete the mission, that comes with the Jean Bart B.

[WPORT]
Members
7,142 posts
12,161 battles
3 hours ago, CrypticTaco said:

agreed christmas time is great for prem time normally.... but feel jean b can be a safe bet as ur always gonna be printing creds as oppose to prem time which helps the ship grind but not the cred issues im currently facing as i have tons of exp flags but no creds to buy not to mention i also feel atleast with jean b i can play at my lesiure as a oppose to getting prem time and feeling i have to play for that month 

Kii with the Kobayashi camo is considered one of the best "credit printers" in the game, along with the now unavailable Missouri and perhaps a few other contenders.

Everyone has their criteria and their budget, and I respect that.

Jean Bart is no slouch in the credit earning department, in my opinion.

What also helps, in addition to premium time, is membership in a clan that has base facilities which reduce service costs and improve FXP and other battle earnings. 
(Something I learned in recent months, after starting my own clan.)

[WPORT]
Members
7,142 posts
12,161 battles
2 hours ago, Pirate_Named_Sue said:

I recently got the Saipan with the same coupon (which arrived yesterday).

Not sure that Jean Bart B is available with that coupon, though.  It, (along with all the other Black Ships), wasn't listed among the ships that are compatible with that coupon when I was shopping (last night).
Possibly because the Black Ships are part of a different/separate marketing or pricing structure?