You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
_Swearengen_

Cross Chat

30 comments in this topic

Members
56 posts
3,512 battles

I know I will catch Hell and I don't care.

World of Tanks has seen fit to remove cross team chat and I wish World of Warships would do the same. "Well, why don't you just turn off chat?" some will ask. I like to be able to coordinate with my teammates outside of the limited "F" command system. But, I'm sick of the damned trash talk.

I like this game but the main reason I quit playing for extended periods of time is the [edited] cross chat.

• Meh 3

[NG-NL]
Members
6,299 posts
10,207 battles

More productive to block said players.

Also, in my experience trash-talkers are very rare. It's not worth being thin-skinned about, ever. Block and move on.

I have no idea why you're insisting on making it tougher on yourself?

• Cool 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Meh 1

[YETI]
[YETI]
Members
548 posts
12,593 battles
1 hour ago, _Swearengen_ said:

World of Tanks has seen fit to remove cross team chat and I wish World of Warships would do the same. "Well, why don't you just turn off chat?" some will ask. I like to be able to coordinate with my teammates outside of the limited "F" command system. But, I'm sick of the damned trash talk.

I like this game but the main reason I quit playing for extended periods of time is the [edited] cross chat.

I am usually more annoyed at the complaining from my team (usually the first person dead who thinks he is the best player in the game) than the very rare trash talk i see from the other team.

• Cool 2

[TSG4]
[TSG4]
Volunteer Moderator
3,252 posts
16,575 battles
1 hour ago, _Swearengen_ said:

I'm sick of the damned trash talk.

built-in function

right click on the in-game name that gave you trash talk

select black list

Magic

I like magic, magic magic

• Thanks 1

[NG-NL]
Members
6,299 posts
10,207 battles
19 minutes ago, _Swearengen_ said:

How am I making it tougher on myself?

Can't reasonably expect everyone that knows you as only an IGN to go by your standards, no?

I've learned not to be sensitive to such talk. Unlearning triggers helps--point of WOWS is to have fun, like any game.

[GOB]
Members
2,478 posts

Polite cross talk is fine, compliments etc.

It's the guys on my team that start right out chatting with the other team about ships, pie recipes,  their favorite soap opera.. ANYTHING because they need someone to talk to.

More often they are the ones who either die fast or hide in the back so they have time to type instead of playing the game.

[CHA0S]
Members
147 posts
2,388 battles

I see more chat garbage from the Green team than the Red one...

Hit 'Blacklist' post-battle and forget they even exist after a game or two.

• Cool 2

[ARS]
Beta Testers
5,266 posts
5,773 battles
2 hours ago, _Swearengen_ said:

This is not my experience at all.  The most aggressively hostile chat, by a titanic margin, comes from "allied" players.  In fact I can't even remember the last "enemy" player I had to blacklist.  Maybe somebody using the All chat to push politics into the game?  Not sure.  Certainly I don't recall abusive language being thrown at the other team, or at specific players.

I did get accused of hacking earlier this year, but that honestly felt like a compliment rather than how the sender intended it.

• Cool 2

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
1,698 posts
5,351 battles

I have not forgotten why I left world of tanks.

The chat used to be even back then FULL of people intent on cheating, mods and auto assist scrip programs blatantly encourage one another to delete the poor enemy team who is lawfully playing a regular stock game software. I refuse to be a part of that.

Its amazing I don't see that here in Wows. So something here is nice. With that said I have gone through three Tank games that feature artillery as a valid system choice already in the last 5 years. I find that its either [edited] Straight line sight without any ability to arc a say a howizter over a ridge or hill to hit enemy tank and that it takes like two dozen artillery rounds at 150 point hits to destroy a modern MBT with thousands of HP in game. Modern Arty in war today absolutely will delete any tank in the world on a proper hit. So those games were alot of [edited].

Tapping on tanks with puny weak arty rounds simply just told them where I am at. They drive peacefully under the small explosions a mile to a spot, line up and delete me with a sabot. And thats the end of the annoying tapping arty. Is that what modern war has gone to in video gaming? Nerfed and watered down to just entertainment without fear of in game death from monster weapon systems? That just go pew pew pew? Ugh... children...

The last game that had any artillery worth a damn was way back in the POE mod, some forum posts about artillery still exist online at thier servers from that time period. As long you were a game commander in gold with the recon satellite to show a real time video of your enemy area you can place rounds whereever you pleased even through a particular house window on the first or second floor if need be to get at the group hiding inside of it. We had epic discussions about that. In modern war if you can illuminate a enemy in view be it a vehicle or a person or whatever... you can absolutely put a very big loud round to ship him post haste to hell on the express.

So I veered a bit talking about WOT and other similar games. However thats more reason to enjoy Wows. If game chat got too bad, I just black list and report. Sometimes I growl myself at someone but not too often. Its really bad during mission time when everyone is goal to get kill ribbions instead of anything in Wows, bases teamwork, carrier etc none of that matters just be the first to kill or killsteal as many as you can. Thats when the bad chat talk comes out on alot of people. And the games are over in 2 minutes. More bots please. You can stack 30 enemy Bot ships against 9 humans and we would win it during mission times like that.

Edited by xHeavy
  • Boring 1

[A-D-F]
Members
1,290 posts
12,028 battles
3 hours ago, _Swearengen_ said:

Tired of the discord? Try using discord.

If you can figure out how to install Wows, then you can figure out using a discord server.

Imagine having a regular crew on comms that don't depend on WG's Kwality Koding Skillz, and you can adjust the volume of each speaker as needed.

It totally changes the Wows experience for the better.

Members
56 posts
3,512 battles

You know? I've heard a lot of arguments for just ignoring low life scum in chat and how I should move on and forget. I have yet to hear an affirmative argument against ending cross chat. Just a bunch of excuses for ignoring morons. If you're FOR cross chat say why.

[ARS]
Beta Testers
5,266 posts
5,773 battles
7 minutes ago, _Swearengen_ said:

You know? I've heard a lot of arguments for just ignoring low life scum in chat and how I should move on and forget. I have yet to hear an affirmative argument against ending cross chat. Just a bunch of excuses for ignoring morons. If you're FOR cross chat say why.

Sometimes it is nice to chat with the other team.  I've had some good experiences with that.

• Cool 1

[YETI]
[YETI]
Members
548 posts
12,593 battles
4 hours ago, _Swearengen_ said:

Your whole arguement for eliminating cross chat was so you don't have to see toxic chat. As quite a few people pointed out, the majority of toxicity is from the green team. Eliminating cross chat won't stop your team from being toxic and complainig. If it isn't going to remove the problem why get rid of it? 

[-K-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,444 posts
9,751 battles
4 hours ago, _Swearengen_ said:

I have yet to hear an affirmative argument against ending cross chat

In my games, I seem to see more compliments and friendly banter than insults in cross chat.

But you want to destroy that aspect of the game and try to create yet another lifeless "safe space", because you're too lazy to hit tab and right click on someone's nickname. And it won't even help, because most of the toxicity comes from one's teammates. So, just disable your chat altogether, and leave the rest of us with the ability to communicate with one another, warts and all.

• Cool 3
  • Thanks 1

[O2]
Members
390 posts
9,741 battles

It's rare but when it happens it can get out of hand quickly so I totally get your point. As suggested by others simply right-click and blacklist when it happens. Solved.

[NSEW]
Members
2,137 posts
11,436 battles

A bit of competitive 'talk' is fun and healthy.  Given the right premise.  Which this is, as it's a game.  As such, something we should ideally all enjoy and say things like: "Your mother wears combat boots".  

Toxic ones can be easily, Blacklisted (Press the TAB key to bring up the roster, right click and choose the Blacklist player option).  They will be gone from your WoWS life forever.

[0456]
Members
3,824 posts
10,091 battles
3 hours ago, LowSpeed_US said:

Toxic ones can be easily, Blacklisted (Press the TAB key to bring up the roster, right click and choose the Blacklist player option).  They will be gone from your WoWS life forever.

Literally that easy!

Side note: I find that people who take the time to read, dwell and react to the commentary in chat could probably better spend that time looking at the minimap and building situational awareness.

This can help make the cross talk less relevant.

Edited by _ENO_

[-TKS-]
Members
271 posts
9,066 battles

98% of the games i'm in have a "o7" at the start then nothing for 15-20 minutes. 1% of the games i'm in there is some friendly chat, usually jokes or asking someone what they think of the ship they are in. and the last 1% is the game where someone is talking crapto their own team or the enemy team.

know what wrecks txt chat in game, the a-hole who hits his quick chat key over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over. and there is NOTHING you can do to not see/hear it

I don't often use TXT chat to help coordinate game as much everyone should, but i also use it to let someone know they are getting some juicy +1 Karma

[ARGSY]
Members
22,211 posts
16,162 battles
18 hours ago, xHeavy said:

Modern Arty in war today absolutely will delete any tank in the world on a proper hit.

This has been true ever since 1916. 

[0456]
Members
496 posts
9,120 battles
On 11/29/2020 at 9:46 PM, _Swearengen_ said:

low life scum

On 11/29/2020 at 9:46 PM, _Swearengen_ said:

ignoring morons

20 minutes ago, _Swearengen_ said:

F*** It!

On 11/29/2020 at 1:16 PM, _Swearengen_ said: