You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Elder_Lee

All Complaining Related to WOWS and WG's Black Friday Sales.

23 comments in this topic

[R_N]
Supertester
182 posts
11,030 battles

Man am I upset with all the related Black Friday Sales complaining posts and comments.

What is Black Friday... Black Friday is a day in which companies offer selected consumer goods at an above normal reduced sales price to generate year end profits.

What is Black Friday here at WOWS and WG... It is a yearly event were selected desirable premium ships are offered at an above normal reduced sales price.

Black Friday Ship versions are NOT intended for owners of the Standard Premium Ship; but for the player base community that do not OWN the Standard Premium Ship, to be picked up at an above normal reduced price once a year.

Now WG and WOWS like any company will go that extra mile to reach year end profit generation and during the Black Friday Sales event; this is done by OFFERING special bonus missions that only OWNERS of the Standard Premium Ship can complete, as a means to help generate a sales while also extending the discount cost for picking up a CLONE of the ship they already own.

So, now understanding and knowing this can we PLEASE stop with all the negative comments related to WG and WOWS' Black Friday Sales.

Please THANK WG and WOWS for offering these Black Friday version Premium Ships as a reduced cost.

• Cool 5
  • Funny 1
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 2

Members
303 posts
26,660 battles
48 minutes ago, Princess_Daystar said:

Shoot i walked out with alot more than i put in, so thats a plus for me!

Same here.  

[MIBRA]
Banned
1,424 posts
9,656 battles

Without any warning, WG put a ship that I had bought only a few days earlier at a much cheaper price. So, screw them for not giving any warning first. Then, they added those sequential bundles, which are a scam.

Lootboxes are a scam. No wonder several countries are taking action against it.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[PEKO]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,026 posts
28,089 battles

I spend my Black Friday money on the Halo: Master Chief Edition ($15) and some good outdoor boots. I blame my Husky for that buy.

• Cool 1

[PPNA2]
Members
535 posts
7,958 battles
12 minutes ago, WarStore said:

Without any warning, WG put a ship that I had bought only a few days earlier at a much cheaper price. So, screw them for not giving any warning first. Then, they added those sequential bundles, which are a scam.

So you must also go out few days before black Friday and buy a tv. Then watch it go on big sale and get mad at the store. 

• Cool 1

[META_]
Members
73 posts
1,956 battles
5 minutes ago, Erebthoron said:

I spend my Black Friday money on the Halo: Master Chief Edition ($15) and some good outdoor boots. I blame my Husky for that buy.

Aren't Huskies the worst for that? I remember we had two huskies and left them in the house for a couple hours while we ran out and we had almost no pillows or cushions left in the house XD 

But I don't see the uproar over the BF sale....

[INTEL]
Members
3,485 posts
20,796 battles
17 minutes ago, WarStore said:

Not entirely true.  WG announced the Black ships that were going on sale on Oct 7.

https://blog.worldofwarships.com/blog/86

It was discussed here on the forums several times.

• Cool 2

[F11]
Members
327 posts
4,710 battles
37 minutes ago, WarStore said:

Without any warning?  We've known the ships that would be available as Black ships since early October: ST 0.9.10, Arpeggio of Blue Steel and Black Friday - Development blog BETA (worldofwarships.com)

And if you're talking about a previous year's ship, they sold the 2018 Black ships in 2019, and there were plenty of threads with questions about the Black Friday event and people saying that this was likely to occur again this year.

The sequential bundle is pretty much a break-even proposition at minimum.  2750 doubloons ($11) for a week of premium ($5), 5000 coal (not normally purchasable), 1.5 million credits ($4), 20 good camos (not normally purchasable), 10 special signals (not normally purchasable), and (at minimum) 42 Type 59 camos ($21).  Even if you got the worst possible outcome from every crate, you'd still get more value out of the sequential bundle than you put in.  Whether or not you personally need those items might affect the value for you, but objectively, it's not a scam.

The regular lootboxes definitely are predatory, but they're technically not a scam, since the minimum item (10 Type 59 camos) is the same price as the box.  You could argue (rightly IMO) that the price of those camos is inflated relative to their actual value, but if you approach them with the mentality that you're buying 10 Type 59 camos and that anything else extra is a bonus, you'll be less disappointed.  And if you don't want or need 10 Type 59 camos, don't buy them.

Edited by Fel0niusMonk
  • Cool 1

[PEKO]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,026 posts
28,089 battles
17 minutes ago, KilluaWalker said:

Aren't Huskies the worst for that? I remember we had two huskies and left them in the house for a couple hours while we ran out and we had almost no pillows or cushions left in the house XD 

But I don't see the uproar over the BF sale....

Na, it's because I spend so much time walking with her, I get through a pair of outdoor boots easy per year. On average, I walk close to 5000km, a bit more 2020. Because of Covid, I work about 90% of the time from home, my dog is so happy about it. Walk before, when I have my 45 minutes break and afterwards.

And yes, I heared all the stories about Huskies went rampage, because they are alone at home. Fortunally she nearly never stays alone fo rmore then 2 hours. And then is still the cat there she can talk too.

[MIBRA]
Banned
1,424 posts
9,656 battles
1 minute ago, Fel0niusMonk said:

Without any warning?  We've known the ships that would be available as Black ships since early October: ST 0.9.10, Arpeggio of Blue Steel and Black Friday - Development blog BETA (worldofwarships.com)

And if you're talking about a previous year's ship, they sold the 2018 Black ships in 2019, and there were plenty of threads with questions about the Black Friday event and people saying that this was likely to occur again this year.

The sequential bundle is pretty much a break-even proposition at minimum.  2750 doubloons ($11) for a week of premium ($5), 5000 coal (not normally purchasable), 1.5 million credits ($4), 20 good camos (not normally purchasable), 10 special signals (not normally purchasable), and (at minimum) 42 Type 59 camos ($21).  Even if you got the worst possible outcome from every crate, you'd still get more value out of the sequential bundle than you put in.  Whether or not you personally need those items might affect the value for you, but objectively, it's not a scam.

The regular lootboxes definitely are predatory, but they're technically not a scam, since the minimum item (10 Type 59 camos) is the same price as the box.  You could argue (rightly IMO) that the price of those camos is inflated relative to their actual value, but if you approach them with the mentality that you're buying 10 Type 59 camos and that anything else extra is a bonus, you'll be less disappointed.

I am not talking about  the new ships, I can't know what happened in previous years because I started playing this year.

The sequential bundles come with some useless boxes with worthless random content.

And camo and stuff is a scam

• Funny 1

[LRT]
Members
272 posts
11,011 battles
1 minute ago, WarStore said:

I am not talking about  the new ships, I can't know what happened in previous years because I started playing this year.

The sequential bundles come with some useless boxes with worthless random content.

No one makes you do the bundles so what are you complaining about if you're doing them then you choose to do them so quit calling it a scam or useless stuff because you get to see what's in them all before you purchase.

[F11]
Members
327 posts
4,710 battles
1 minute ago, WarStore said:

As I said, there were many threads made asking about the Black Friday sale and what would be in it.  I started playing this year as well and knew quite a while ago that there was a strong likelihood that previous Black Friday ships would be sold again this year simply through reading the forums.

Even without the "worthless" random content, I'd argue that the sequential bundle was still worth the $11.  A week of premium time is $5.  1.5 million credits is $4 if you exchange doubloons for credits.  Coal is technically priceless because it can't be bought and is more or less time-gated, so $2 is more than fair for 5000, which would take you 2 days at minimum to obtain in-game.  If you don't want or need that stuff - same as the camos -  don't buy it.

[O_O]
Members
7,256 posts
18,513 battles
57 minutes ago, WarStore said:

Then, they added those sequential bundles, which are a scam.

I bought all 11 sequential bundles, got a lot of good loot, and a Black version of a ship I already had...which comes with a mission that will return 2,500 doubloons to my bank.  So, all 11 bundles and a Black copy cost me a grand total of 250 doubloons.  Winner! :cap_haloween:

Edited by desmo_2
  • Cool 2

[BEA5T]
Members
5,610 posts
27,208 battles
56 minutes ago, WarStore said:

I wanted to see for myself on the sequential bundles.....all camo's, 1 day of PT and just junk.......  Yes, it's gambling but, I wanted to see where the game has gone - rewards wise.  Backwards.  Or, I just don't have any luck.......

Anyway, @Elder_Lee , what you say sounds good....  But, where we are today...........isn't where we were.  Where years past rewards were a "degree more serious" and new players had an easier time getting established....  I started the game in 2017 and my clan mates gave me xmas crates !  Nine, that is (9) premium ships to start this game........  Nine.  Now, maybe one ship, with the same bundle amounts.....  I think, the cup is not even half full and the game is winding down content wise into just a kiddie arcade game.   Yes, free is free but, it was so much better years ago.........!  All of that clan I was part of left the game......  What does that say>?  If I were in charge, and, they seriously couldn't afford me, I'd go back to what worked so much better:  treat customers as if you want them to be here a long time; make collecting a "thing" and give the collectors incentives and advanced warnings; reward those whom seriously play this game and pay their way; and, make those consistent customers part of the "change doctrine..."  Then, you are in the world class category of change management.....

Free is free is the doctrine and their attitude is "let them eat cake...."  Just my opinion after a few years at this game.

[SALVO]
Members
26,854 posts
33,123 battles
2 hours ago, WarStore said:

Seriously?  They were letting people know well ahead of time about the upcoming Black Friday sale.  Did you have your head in the sand or something?  :Smile_facepalm:

[MIBRA]
Banned
1,424 posts
9,656 battles
3 hours ago, desmo_2 said:

I bought all 11 sequential bundles, got a lot of good loot, and a Black version of a ship I already had...which comes with a mission that will return 2,500 doubloons to my bank.  So, all 11 bundles and a Black copy cost me a grand total of 250 doubloons.  Winner! :cap_haloween:

Congrats. It is more likely that I will waste my doubloons and get more worthless camo...or signals, which is a scam, by definition.

Also, for most of them, you think you are getting one of those BF containers, but it something else entirely different, just a container with 2 camos. Scam

[TSG4]
Volunteer Moderator, Privateers
3,610 posts
18,997 battles
3 hours ago, desmo_2 said:

Winner

I bough this sequential bundle as well

just signal/camo

Bad Luck of a draw so I will go to the Darkside and flex my muscle

[ARGSY]
Members
26,200 posts
20,492 battles
4 hours ago, WarStore said:

Without any warning,

The identity of the Black Friday ships was known on October 7. On what day did you buy the ship in question?

Then, they added those sequential bundles, which are a scam.

I pulled the Sims B and a 10 point captain out of mine, together with about 35,000 FXP and a bunch of other goodies.

Who held a gun to anybody's head and forced them to buy?

useless boxes with worthless random content.

Someone who gets enough FXP to grab themselves a disappearing ship (Alaska, Smaland) won't think that. Granted, if all you pulled was camo you'd be left with something of an empty feeling... but if you know that's all you might get, you have the choice to embark on it OR NOT.

Granted, I don't usually spam premium containers because I don't assign monetary value to expendables, BUT NOT EVERYONE AGREES WITH THAT ASSESSMENT, and they are within their rights to believe that the least they can pull from a 250 doubloon crate is worth the spending. The difference is that I am willing to let them spend the money as they see fit, whereas someone like you would seem to be quite happy for government regulation to prevent them from doing so.

"The person powerful enough to give you everything you want is also powerful enough to take away everything you have." Be careful what you wish for.

• Cool 1

[MIBRA]
Banned
1,424 posts
9,656 battles
1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

The identity of the Black Friday ships was known on October 7. On what day did you buy the ship in question?

I pulled the Sims B and a 10 point captain out of mine, together with about 35,000 FXP and a bunch of other goodies.

Who held a gun to anybody's head and forced them to buy?

Someone who gets enough FXP to grab themselves a disappearing ship (Alaska, Smaland) won't think that. Granted, if all you pulled was camo you'd be left with something of an empty feeling... but if you know that's all you might get, you have the choice to embark on it OR NOT.

Granted, I don't usually spam premium containers because I don't assign monetary value to expendables, BUT NOT EVERYONE AGREES WITH THAT ASSESSMENT, and they are within their rights to believe that the least they can pull from a 250 doubloon crate is worth the spending. The difference is that I am willing to let them spend the money as they see fit, whereas someone like you would seem to be quite happy for government regulation to prevent them from doing so.

"The person powerful enough to give you everything you want is also powerful enough to take away everything you have." Be careful what you wish for.

I am specifically talking about the Massachusetts, in case you are wondering. I bought it because it was announced it would be gone. 3 days later, WG add a better version for a cheaper price. Great

[ARGSY]
Members
26,200 posts
20,492 battles
21 minutes ago, WarStore said:

a better version for a cheaper price.

The two ships are functionally identical. The Black version may LOOK cooler, but that's about it.

I'm pretty sure you knew that there was a Black version of the Massachusetts. It's no secret that the previous Black ships return every year, and it's no secret that you would have been able to get the B version cheaper before the original was withdrawn.

The impression you are giving me is that you made a poor decision in haste and you are trying to turn the locus of responsibility outside of where it belongs. When you include blatant falsehoods in that, it's not a good look.

[MIBRA]
Banned
1,424 posts
9,656 battles
23 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

The two ships are functionally identical. The Black version may LOOK cooler, but that's about it.

I'm pretty sure you knew that there was a Black version of the Massachusetts. It's no secret that the previous Black ships return every year, and it's no secret that you would have been able to get the B version cheaper before the original was withdrawn.

The impression you are giving me is that you made a poor decision in haste and you are trying to turn the locus of responsibility outside of where it belongs. When you include blatant falsehoods in that, it's not a good look.

Like I said before, I started playing this year. I didn't know any of these. I knew there would be Jean Bart, Cossack, Atlanta and Kaga, not that I'd be able to buy the damn ship at cheaper price directly from the armory. 

Is it so [edited]hard for WG to add that extremely relevant information in their freaking in game news? They flood the news section everyday with irrelevant crap, but can't do that with a relevant information. 

[INTEL]
Members
3,485 posts
20,796 battles
22 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Ironically, just purchasing it may have been the better choice based on how he characterized the container contents.