You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
shadowsrmine

Black,Neustrashimy,Flint Overdue

26 comments in this topic

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
4,379 posts
16,995 battles

:cap_cool:Removed for six months they said and now it's been more than six months  :Smile_sad: Instead their tossing in ships few want        

Screenshot_2020-11-29 World of Warships Development Blog - Posts Facebook(1).png

Valkyrie Chooser of the Slain#7.png

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 1

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,802 posts
20,330 battles

"Not earlier than in half a year" =/= "in exactly half a year".

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 2

[-ARP-]
[-ARP-]
Members
1,292 posts
19,975 battles

They won't bring them for a while

[ARGSY]
Members
22,482 posts
16,362 battles

The exact wording at the facebook link is "But not earlier than in half a year they will return to the Armory..."

This never did rule out WG waiting longer than that. All it said was that they wouldn't return BEFORE the six month mark.

I'm looking at the announced withdrawal date for the Thunderer and Georgia for coal (with the beginning of 0.10.1) and pegging that as the most likely time for Flint, Neustra and Black to become coal ships. Anything earlier will be a bonus.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu
  • Cool 1

Members
61 posts
254 battles

I know you attached the blog post as some form of support for your question but if you read the very thing you had attached carefully, you will find these 3 points:

1. "these ships will be removed for an undefined time"

- undefined means they pretty much have no fixed date of when it will happen

2. "but may return in future"

- may means that it is also possible that it would not happen, so don't hold them to it.

3. "not earlier than in half a year"

not earlier means well.. not earlier. I don't know how to explain this any clearer...

[POP]
Members
4,750 posts
12,813 battles
7 minutes ago, armakel said:

I know you attached the blog post as some form of support for your question but if you read the very thing you had attached carefully, you will find these 3 points:

1. "these ships will be removed for an undefined time"

- undefined means they pretty much have no fixed date of when it will happen

2. "but may return in future"

- may means that it is also possible that it would not happen, so don't hold them to it.

3. "not earlier than in half a year"

not earlier means well.. not earlier. I don't know how to explain this any clearer...

Those first two points are referring specifically to Jean Bart and Smolensk, and only to Jean Bart and Smolensk. Your third point is about the steel ships returning, and WG has confirmed this multiple times since that article was posted - those three ships will come back for coal at some point. 

[POP]
Members
4,750 posts
12,813 battles
11 hours ago, General_Lee_Miserable said:

I have a feeling they are going to be in the Xmas crates to get people to bite on those. After that, we'll probably see them in the armor. 

That’s actually somewhat possible. Earlier this week on Reddit, someone shared a screenshot of Neustrashimy dropping from a SC on the 9.11/9.12 PTS. Since steel (and RB) ships can’t drop from supercontainers, having Neustrashimy be in the SC loot table means it’s either going to be back soon for coal or (more likely with which patches are currently being tested on PTS) will be on the Santa crate list (since rolling a ship you already have gives another ship from the Santa crate list and then the general SC list).

Up until a few weeks ago, I could see them coming back for coal during Christmas to coincide with the coupon refresh, but since the removal announcement for Georgia and Thunderer I wouldn’t expect them to come back for coal until after the outgoing ships get removed. Either way, Neustrashimy dropping from a SC on the test server means that either during 9.11 or 9.12, at least one of the three steel ships will be available in SCs on the live server. 

Edited by MidnightPhoenix07

[GRAVE]
Members
1,414 posts
19,933 battles
2 hours ago, shadowsrmine said:

Removed for six months they said

They said they wouldn’t be available for 6 months after they removed them, they never said they will become available exactly 6months after they left. It seems likely they will be returning soon, likely the coming patches (perhaps if the first ranked rework season is T9) or once Thunderer and Georgia leave the armory in 3months

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
8,828 posts
15,431 battles

While I don't think WG promised them by this point, I would quite like the opportunity to get a Neustrashimy for coal. 

[NG-NL]
Members
355 posts
10,137 battles

I squinched my eyes, and the original poster meant "Wish I could get the Black, Neustrashimy, and Flint."
Hey, I agree with that. Neustrashimy looks very interesting, and...well, I secretly wanted to see Black Black this week.

It's a much stronger statement if we stop there. Don't pretend that Wargaming owes us the ships. 

Edited by imaginary_b

[ARGSY]
Members
22,482 posts
16,362 battles
4 minutes ago, imaginary_b said:

, I secretly wanted to see Black Black this week.

I think a lot of people did, BUT there was to be no late surprise this year. It would not at all surprise me to see her as 2021's Black destroyer, with people grabbing her to have one heavily optimized around her radar and the other as merely a premium Fletcher with different torpedoes.

[4HIM]
Members
3,243 posts
14,352 battles

The Black sorely needs a Black perma-camo.  The one it comes with doesn't scream "Black".  Instead it looks like something you'd see in an episode of "Flipper" or in a movie like "Hello Down There".

And would probably snag the "Neutered Shima" for coal.  Looks like it would be a fun meme bote.  

[SIM]
Members
5,599 posts
9,028 battles

While technically yes, the NBF trio is only slated to appear sometime after the six month window has passed, I can’t blame the OP for being excited about them. I’m currently stacking coal and there’s nothing available that I feel like spending it on. 

• Thanks 1

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
4,379 posts
16,995 battles
3 hours ago, SkaerKrow said:

While technically yes, the NBF trio is only slated to appear sometime after the six month window has passed, I can’t blame the OP for being excited about them. I’m currently stacking coal and there’s nothing available that I feel like spending it on. 

:Smile_great:Yup I as well,"I’m currently stacking coal and there’s nothing available that I feel like spending it on."!

Valkyrie Chooser of the Slain#7.png

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
22,482 posts
16,362 battles
6 hours ago, ZARDOZ_II said:

Instead it looks like something you'd see in an episode of "Flipper"

"They call it radar, radar, radar..."

One thing I will grant the OP - while the ships may not technically be overdue, I for one would prefer to see them again THIS side of the midyear coal coupon expiring.

[TSG4]
[TSG4]
Volunteer Moderator
3,270 posts
16,629 battles

If they bring those back with 3M price tag ...................... I will have a  big heart attack

:cap_haloween:

[ARGSY]
Members
22,482 posts
16,362 battles
11 minutes ago, ObiphanKenobi said:

If they bring those back with 3M price tag ...................... I will have a  big heart attack

They have been promised to return for coal. In any case, the going FXP price for a T9 DD is set (by the Friesland) at 1 million and Tier 10 (by Hayate and Smaland) at 2 million.

[TSG4]
[TSG4]
Volunteer Moderator
3,270 posts
16,629 battles
1 minute ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

In any case

that will be a price tag of 3M, doesn't matter of what rss

LOL

heart attack in coming