Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Soshi_Sone

Sometimes...You just gotta laugh.

7 comments in this topic

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
6,291 posts
19,203 battles

So...my second game in the Oklahoma.  T5.  Match starts OK (no pun intended), and about halfway through the first third of the game, I start getting hits from a vector I didn't know the enemy occupied.  Come to find out, it's a friendly Murmansk.  I call out "Dude, you're shooting friendlies".  Never know in T5.  No reply.  This continues for some time...next...I see torps in the water.  One hits me...he goes pink.  

At this point, I'm thinking...how far is he going to go.  Second torp salvo heads my way.  Smacks me, and I watch his health bar drop a good bit.  Shoots me a few times.  A few more ticks down.  

Then, a friendly DD, thinking he's helping things out, torps the Murmansk.   I'm like...No...let him bleed himself.  The DD goes pink.  Sigh.

This is where you really just gotta laugh.  Two pinks (did I mention the battle at this point was pretty much headed south).  

I'm thinking, what's Murmansk going to do next.  He's down to about 1/6 health or so.  No more shots...no more torps.  Is that a ram vector he's on?  Yep.

So he rams me on a somewhat parallel velocity vector, but angled to achieve the ram.   This is where the fun starts.  Game is lost at this point...so might as well make some fun out of it.

Just as he makes contact, I turn into him (instead of the proper, away from...on the accidental rams). This locks us in a death dance with about 20 or 30 degrees on the bow.  Well, it's a death dance for him because he's pink...and it's all reflected.

As the dance continues, I see the ram damage tick away...32 HP per second.  Slowly...slowly....and BOOM.  TKs himself.  As TKs add a good chunk of additional pink, I figured keeping him honest for a couple of more games is a good thing.

Oh well.  Lost game.  But at least I feel like I did my little part to make it nicer for someone else down the road.

• Cool 5
  • Funny 1
  • Haha 1

Members
3,959 posts
14,386 battles

I think a good portion of the playerbase doesnt understand the ship. They dont realize how slow it is and how slow it reloads. 

Had some DD tell me to push up faster..... I was driving in a straight line forward at my max ~19 knots. I couldnt go any faster lol

I didnt say anything in-game, but it made me chuckle. 

• Cool 1

[WOLFG]
Members
11,593 posts
10,718 battles
12 hours ago, UltimateNewbie said:

Pretty strong emotional reaction to an Oklahoma. 

I wonder if s/he was from a rival state?

12 hours ago, ditka_Fatdog said:

Murmansk is the new Texas :)

:Smile_great:

Red River Rivalry is 24/7, 365.

• Cool 1

[A-D-F]
Members
1,290 posts
12,116 battles
14 hours ago, Soshi_Sone said:

So...my second game in the Oklahoma.  T5.  Match starts OK (no pun intended), and about halfway through the first third of the game, I start getting hits from a vector I didn't know the enemy occupied.  Come to find out, it's a friendly Murmansk.  I call out "Dude, you're shooting friendlies".  Never know in T5.  No reply.  This continues for some time...next...I see torps in the water.  One hits me...he goes pink.  

At this point, I'm thinking...how far is he going to go.  Second torp salvo heads my way.  Smacks me, and I watch his health bar drop a good bit.  Shoots me a few times.  A few more ticks down.  

Then, a friendly DD, thinking he's helping things out, torps the Murmansk.   I'm like...No...let him bleed himself.  The DD goes pink.  Sigh.

This is where you really just gotta laugh.  Two pinks (did I mention the battle at this point was pretty much headed south).  

I'm thinking, what's Murmansk going to do next.  He's down to about 1/6 health or so.  No more shots...no more torps.  Is that a ram vector he's on?  Yep.

So he rams me on a somewhat parallel velocity vector, but angled to achieve the ram.   This is where the fun starts.  Game is lost at this point...so might as well make some fun out of it.

Just as he makes contact, I turn into him (instead of the proper, away from...on the accidental rams). This locks us in a death dance with about 20 or 30 degrees on the bow.  Well, it's a death dance for him because he's pink...and it's all reflected.

As the dance continues, I see the ram damage tick away...32 HP per second.  Slowly...slowly....and BOOM.  TKs himself.  As TKs add a good chunk of additional pink, I figured keeping him honest for a couple of more games is a good thing.

Oh well.  Lost game.  But at least I feel like I did my little part to make it nicer for someone else down the road.

Sometimes the best you can do is make sure that derp is as painful as you can make it. 

Sign in to follow this