Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
MichiganEagle

Atlanta B

11 comments in this topic

[PSP]
Members
574 posts
5,040 battles

Hi all!

RNGeesus finally smiled upon me, and I just picked up the Atlanta B for free from one of them special black crates!

How would you recommend setting up a 10-pt captain and which modifications would you take? All I know about the Atlanta is that the IFHE rework was supposedly not kind to her.

That's a spicy black camo she's got.

Edited by MichiganEagle

[HINON]
Members
13,980 posts

PT, AR, SI, either CE or AFT for your first 4 point skill. Depends how much you value the extra range over concealment. Personally I'd say range first and use your island waifus for cover.

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

[RLGN]
Members
15,505 posts
27,211 battles
19 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

PT, AR, SI, either CE or AFT for your first 4 point skill. Depends how much you value the extra range over concealment. Personally I'd say range first and use your island waifus for cover.

CE first.

As far as I’m concerned the extra range has zero value; because of gun bloom and the moon shot shell arcs.

Not being seen in the first place is what I value. I also make it my business to murder destroyers by ambush. Farming damage is for after such cockroaches are dead.

• Thanks 1

Members
348 posts
5,710 battles
30 minutes ago, MichiganEagle said:

That's a good point about CE - since I'm supposed to hug islands like they're my grandparents, CE isn't exactly a priority.

My feelings exactly. Try to get both eventually, but AFT is really important for sitting in smoke and farming incoming BBs

• Thanks 1

[PVE]
Members
7,596 posts
23,602 battles
1 hour ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

CE first.

As far as I’m concerned the extra range has zero value; because of gun bloom and the moon shot shell arcs.

Not being seen in the first place is what I value. I also make it my business to murder destroyers by ambush. Farming damage is for after such cockroaches are dead.

Atlanta only had 11.1 base range...you want the 13.32 range for extra maneuvering distance when you are facing T9 ships that can easily delete you from up close.

It's floaty shells make the long-range shots worthless (way too floaty...as in: "fire...make coffee... read paper...walk dog...do weekly shopping...catch a stream...or 2...then check to see where they land" floaty) against all but the BBs & slower heavy cruisers...but those are the ones you want the range for.

When top tier not needed so much...but for the big guns...you might want the extra cushion.

• Thanks 1

[PVE]
Members
7,596 posts
23,602 battles
1 hour ago, MichiganEagle said:

That's a good point about CE - since I'm supposed to hug islands like they're my grandparents, CE isn't exactly a priority.

Unfortunately...w/the skills rework they are taking AFT away from cruisers so it won't be an option for long...enjoy it while you can.

• Sad 1

[RLGN]
Members
15,505 posts
27,211 battles
16 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Atlanta only had 11.1 base range...you want the 13.32 range for extra maneuvering distance when you are facing T9 ships that can easily delete you from up close.

It's floaty shells make the long-range shots worthless (way too floaty...as in: "fire...make coffee... read paper...walk dog...do weekly shopping...catch a stream...or 2...then check to see where they land" floaty) against all but the BBs & slower heavy cruisers...but those are the ones you want the range for.

When top tier not needed so much...but for the big guns...you might want the extra cushion.

Who knows, in all seriousness.

I suck at the kind of positioning where that range might actually mean something. Ambushing I’m better at. My luck is also such that there’s always some cockroach who can see where you’ve hidden for rainbow shooting, making that extra range meaningless, because you die anyway.

Edited by Estimated_Prophet

[PVE]
Members
7,596 posts
23,602 battles
Just now, Estimated_Prophet said:

Who knows, in all seriousness.

I suck at positioning, where that range might actually mean something. My luck is also such that there’s always some cockroach who can see where you’ve hidden, making that extra range meaningless, because you die anyway.

Atlanta is not just an island hugger...it has great maneuvering for kiting & harassing against just a couple or few ships (depending on their accuracy)...but having an island to duck behind if the PT gets too high (or in the aforementioned case of somebody w/really good accuracy) is not a bad option while harassing.

Sign in to follow this