Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
CaptainGRIZZ_USS_Chitown

Black friday ship missions (MUST OWN BOTH SHIPS)

9 comments in this topic

Members
2 posts
5,887 battles

I just purchased some Black Friday ships and I can not do the combat missions that came with them. After looking around I find out that I cant complete the mission unless I own both versions of the ship. For the record that is [edited]! It does not say that anyplace as for as I could see. Im not going to buy the exact same ships with the same stats just for the missions. I can't see that being a major sell in anyway. Just give us access to the missions progress.

• Funny 2

[WOLF8]
Members
7,780 posts
6,528 battles

You don't have to. Those doubloon missions are for people who already have the original versions, and yet still end up with BF copies. Just ignore the missions and go on your merry way. You still got the BF ships at a nice discount, so consider that as a win and walk away. 

• Cool 2
  • Meh 1

Members
264 posts
5,809 battles

And if you did not already own the Jean Bart (which you can not even buy to complete the mission!!) you now have a useless mission you can not complete

But this is all your fault, according some...

Also, gratz on your first post!  It took this event to bring you out.  Wonder why?

Edited by Girlz_Day
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[WOLF8]
Members
7,780 posts
6,528 battles
6 hours ago, Girlz_Day said:

That's because some people just buy stuffs on an impulse, blinded by the shiny bling-bling, without paying attention to the details. I honestly believe that such people would STILL fall for the doubloon mission, even if WG was not being shady and instead were 100% honest, because they would just NOT READ the descriptions and disclaimers. And they would probably still come to the forum and complain about it, just the same.

It's kinda like some drivers not paying enough attention to the road signs while driving, only to point fingers at everyone else but themselves, when something bad happens.

Or some inattentive people just jumping into the water at a first sight, when there's a warning sign nearby that says "Shark infested water" or something like that. What, the sign isn't big enough, or something?

I donno, maybe it's just me, but that's the impression that I get from a lot of people complaining about the missions. Yes, WG can be shady, I'll agree that much... but just because they can be, it doesn't mean that those people are excused from their own poor purchasing behaviors. And that is the reason why such people get a finger wagging to their faces. 

Let's be honest here, no matter how shady WG can be, not everyone fell for the doubloon missions... including myself. So if people like me didn't fall for it, how come people like you fell for it? Maybe people like me paid attention to the details, and didn't just dive right in with our money? You know, maybe something smelled fishy about the deals so they did some research? Maybe they remembered that old saying "If something looks too good to be true, then it probably is" and decided to carefully read through things first? 

I donno, just saying? :Smile_smile:

• Boring 1
  • Meh 1

Members
1 post
2,901 battles

This is my first time posting so bare with me if I do this incorrectly. Blorgh2017, in your initial response to " GRIZZ " you tell him " You don't have to "..well that's not what Wargaming Support just told me in a response to my ticket that I sent to them about the exact same issue. They told me that I MUST have the original ship (in this case the Atlanta). This entire issue with Wargaming is [edited]..This entire thing (need the ORIGINAL ship...Atlanta, etc) is NOT clearly explained ! PERIOD (sorry for shouting)..I have several screen shots to prove it too.

NOW, If WOW's had CLEARLY written something like " ORIGINAL ship (Atlanta, etc) required to complete special mission and get 2500 doubloons " that would be different. In some parts of their site there is " some " mention of the original Atlanta..but still, this itself is poorly written / explained. In other areas of their site there's nothing mentioned about needing that original ship. I include my screen shots as proof.

My original ticket to WOW's was looked at by a Helen Morgan. She sums things up as saying " Thus, there is no mistake "...

Wrong !..and I'm sending all of this info (copy of my tickets etc) to several of my favorite twitch streamers. So, now several thousand other players can decide if they think this is right. I myself don't and I think I should be compensated.

Warships Black Friday Ripoff 1.png

Warships Black Friday Ripoff 2.png

Warships Black Friday Ripoff 3.png

Warships Black Friday Ripoff 4.png

• Cool 1

[USN-W]
Members
52 posts
6,519 battles

I was lucky enough to get the Jean Bart in a container, still it seems sneaky to give you the mission for a ship you dont have, would make more sense to make it something you have to participate in.  Having said that, it did not cost me anything to recieve it so I just ignored it.

Members
2 posts
5,887 battles
On 11/28/2020 at 8:58 PM, Girlz_Day said:

And if you did not already own the Jean Bart (which you can not even buy to complete the mission!!) you now have a useless mission you can not complete

Also, gratz on your first post!  It took this event to bring you out.  Wonder why?

Short answer is money. I researched what ships I wanted and read everything and I saw no "fine print" and I understand the situation now. However the black friday ship sales were definitely misleading advertisements. They made it seem like it was part of the sale like a rebate and if some don't play the mission and collect it then oh well.

[DFW]
Members
1 post
18,984 battles

Hi

I am new to this, but just have to contribute. 

My first black ship came in a gift container and i received a combat mission with it. Of course, the combat mission did not work. I figured that the mission was for the non-black version of the ship. OK. No worries. It was, after all, a gift. I love my Black Massa...

So, this Black Friday, I bought a black ship. Always wanted a Cossack. ...and it came (as advertised) with a mission. COOL!! I can buy something else with my doubloons. I mean, what else am i going to do with them... right! But, every win in my Black Cossack did not count toward the mission. Weird. So i looked for an answer and landed here. Thanks to all of you for splain'in. I think we all agree that this is false advertising on WOWs part. ...and it is really not necessary. I would have bought the Black Cossack anyway. All I ask of WOWS is, for pete's sake, stop making us look like fools. Its so unnecessary. I like this game and will keep playing. ...but my future investments will be limited if this level of integrity continues.

As an aside, why on earth would I buy a black copy of ship i already own????? ...just to get a doubloon rebate that represents a % of the original cost? Come on WOWS, think about it!!!!

Cheers all!

• Cool 2

Sign in to follow this