You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Ensign_Cthulhu

Is there anyone here who deliberately bought themselves a second Jean Bart?

48 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Members
22,856 posts
16,941 battles

I'm not interested in anyone who already had JB and decided "What the hell,  I'll get the mega 12 ship bundle because that's the only one of them I've got and I want all the others." Nor am I interested in the cross-my-fingers container buyers.

No, I'm interested in those who already had original JB for cash or coal, and who specifically sat down and punched the purchase button for the Jean Bart Black, irrespective of whether she had a coal/doubloon mission.

I am interested, as a matter of scientific curiosity, in why you did it.

[RG-1]
[RG-1]
Members
17 posts
3,466 battles

I mean the black paint jobs do look nice....that's an expensive skin though.

• Cool 1

[GOB]
Members
2,682 posts

I did it.

Just because.

Really.

Looks cool, mission came with it that made it even cheaper. I know you said irrespective but that is hard to do as it lowered the price.

Did the same with the AK, MASS and Sharn too.

The other 3 I won ,  Kaga , Cossack and Atago ( random )  and didn't have.

I was bored and had nothing else to buy on black Friday.

Edited by Col_Nasty

[WOLF8]
Members
7,709 posts
6,478 battles

Not specifically for JB, but during the BF sales for last year and the year before that, I did exactly what you described for the German BF ships.

I just liked the ships, and also the snazzy (lol) BF camos, so I decided to not mind about having two clone ships for each of them... and directly bought them. The doubloon missions were more like an icing on the cake, a nice bonus, TBH. Of course, I also got an opportunity to equip the two clones in a slightly different way, for slightly different playstyles... just for fun, I guess, lol.

If anyone did the same for JB (or any other BF ships) this year, I'd wager that it's for similar reasons: they simply like the ship and the BF camo enough to not mind at all about having two clone copies.

That's just me though, lel. :Smile_hiding:

My 2 Black Friday ships.

[RLGN]
Members
15,458 posts
27,160 battles

All I have both of are Massa B and Asashio B.

Not even sure how long I’ve had them, but think I got both from containers of some stripe or another.

[RLGN]
Members
15,458 posts
27,160 battles
1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I'm not interested in anyone who already had JB and decided "What the hell,  I'll get the mega 12 ship bundle because that's the only one of them I've got and I want all the others." Nor am I interested in the cross-my-fingers container buyers.

No, I'm interested in those who already had original JB for cash or coal, and who specifically sat down and punched the purchase button for the Jean Bart Black, irrespective of whether she had a coal/doubloon mission.

The missions are just for the new ships, right? No point in worrying about the old ships? (Like Massa and Asashio, as I mentioned above.)

[LSNB]
Members
209 posts
6,487 battles
15 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

The missions are just for the new ships, right? No point in worrying about the old ships? (Like Massa and Asashio, as I mentioned above.)

No. 

No. 

No. 

The missions are for the old NON B VERSIONS. 

Edited by dagger1013

[PVE]
Members
7,556 posts
23,531 battles
15 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Actually the missions are only for the old ships...lots of complaint threads about people buying the new ones & getting missions they can't use because they are only for the old ships..how could you have missed them all...lol.

Ninja'd by a fraction of a second.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,334 posts
17,503 battles
1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Yes I did a JB black purchase. 

I Really enjoyed getting the Tirpitz B and Scharnhorst B. I was on the fence for the JB B. I had extra gaming budget available and the price was pretty good because you were getting dubs back but I think it was the coal that was just enough to nudge me into a purchase. I think I might be addicted to the snow flake event. I do tend to let lose during the holidays with WG

[RLGN]
Members
15,458 posts
27,160 battles
1 hour ago, dagger1013 said:

No. 

No. 

No. 

The missions are for the old NON B VERSIONS. 

1 hour ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Actually the missions are only for the old ships...lots of complaint threads about people buying the new ones & getting missions they can't use because they are only for the old ships..how could you have missed them all...lol.

Ninja'd by a fraction of a second.

That’s what I meant; I have Massa and Asashio.

Whatever the four new ships are, the missions are just for them, right? Nothing this time around for my Massa and Asashio, which I already have Massa B and Asashio B for from last year, or the year before.

Edited by Estimated_Prophet

[PVE]
Members
7,556 posts
23,531 battles
5 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

That’s what I meant; I have Massa and Asashio.

Whatever the four new [edited] are, the missions are just for them, right? Nothing this time around for my Massa and Asashio, which I already have Massa B and Asashio B for from last year, or the year before.

There are bundles where you can buy all of the black ships from each proceding year...& I think you can buy them individually too but not sure.

I do believe the missions come w/them too but don't quote me on that either.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

[RLGN]
Members
15,458 posts
27,160 battles
3 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

There are bundles where you can buy all of the black ships from each proceding year...& I think you can buy them individually too but not sure.

I do believe the missions come w/them too but don't quote me on that either.

Sounds like I would have to buy the ships again, then, to get the missions.

[PVE]
Members
7,556 posts
23,531 battles
13 hours ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

(This is incorrect...apparently you can do them once a year...not just once per ship ever...sorry for any confusion).

If you did the missions already (aka last year) you can't do them again...they are just 1 time per each ship.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

Members
263 posts
23,448 battles
6 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

If you did the missions already (aka last year) you can't do them again...they are just 1 time per each ship.

UNLESS you get a duplicate B ship in your drop this year.  That happened with me (a Scharn B), so I got the mission again (although I had also completed it last year).

[PVE]
Members
7,556 posts
23,531 battles
2 minutes ago, Njanear said:

UNLESS you get a duplicate B ship in your drop this year.  That happened with me (a Scharn B), so I got the mission again (although I had also completed it last year).

That's cool :-)

[SIM]
Members
5,735 posts
9,263 battles

No sir, the only ships that I have are Tirpitz B and Graf Zeppelin B, and they both came from premium containers that WG handed out as event rewards. I'd never spring for a version of a ship that I already own.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[O2]
Members
452 posts
10,033 battles

Have JB. Thought about it, but decided to pass. I couldn't think of a another build that would make sense (secondary is obscene). I have my JB as survival build and that's fine for me.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
29,462 posts
25,616 battles

Wouldn't surprise me if there's a bunch of Double JB's out there.  Some people did get Mass-B even after already having the regular Massachusetts.

Members
808 posts
6 hours ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

They could, but the point of the mission is:  To incentivize those who already have the regular version to buy a new copy. 

[4HIM]
Members
3,244 posts
14,572 battles
6 hours ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Maybe not.  There was a Twitch mission to get a BF container a few weeks before this mission started.  I completed it and received the Sims B.  I already had that so I got dubs instead.  Also received the port slot AND the mission.  But I'd done that mission when I first bought the B version (I've had the OG Sims for a while).  So I was able to repeat that mission.

But this was from a crate, don't know how it works if you purchase a duplicate of a B version.  

[-Y-]
Members
843 posts
61 battles
11 hours ago, Col_Nasty said:

You are WG's favourite sort of customer. 

10 hours ago, RagingxMarmoset said:

I did. Why not?

another..

Edited by hateboat
  • Boring 1

[WPORT]
Members
7,754 posts
12,809 battles
11 hours ago, Col_Nasty said:

I did it.

Just because.

Really.

Looks cool, mission came with it that made it even cheaper. I know you said irrespective but that is hard to do as it lowered the price.

Did the same with the AK, MASS and Sharn too.

The other 3 I won ,  Kaga , Cossack and Atago ( random )  and didn't have.

:cap_like:

11 hours ago, Blorgh2017 said:

Not specifically for JB, but during the BF sales for last year and the year before that, I did exactly what you described for the German BF ships.

I just liked the ships, and also the snazzy (lol) BF camos, so I decided to not mind about having two clone ships for each of them... and directly bought them. The doubloon missions were more like an icing on the cake, a nice bonus, TBH. Of course, I also got an opportunity to equip the two clones in a slightly different way, for slightly different playstyles... just for fun, I guess, lol.

If anyone did the same for JB (or any other BF ships) this year, I'd wager that it's for similar reasons: they simply like the ship and the BF camo enough to not mind at all about having two clone copies.

That's just me though, lel. :Smile_hiding:

My 2 Black Friday ships.

:cap_like: