Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
KiteIgniter

What are my chances...

6 comments in this topic

[QTORP]
Beta Testers
17 posts
4,276 battles

...of grinding out 252,000 coal before the next patch? 

I consider myself a WoT veteran with grinding experience. I also love WoWS, but I'm not as knowledgable/experienced at it (so not TOTAL n00b)

==> I just LOVE digital vehicles and recently learned that some are being removed (so now I gotta get one!)

I also just recently earned about earning coal in Ranked Battles, but I have no experience in them (but I plan to try it this week after the holiday weekend).

*** Is the Ranked Battles format conducive to grinding, or are there pre-rationed amounts of coal that are able to be earned within each time period?

(My enthusiastic preemptive response to the first responders) So you're saying there's a chance? :cap_rambo::cap_wander:

[SALVO]
Members
26,043 posts
28,736 battles

Honestly, very slim.  Even if you played enough to get 3 containers per day, selected the "More Resources" containers, and averaged 1200 coal per day, that comes out to only 36k coal.  You can also earn a little bit more per day by completing the 6 part daily mission, but it's not going to bump up your daily coal earned by more than 1k.

[KWF]
Members
5,544 posts
6,848 battles

Afaik you got a bit more time than just the next patch.

You can get coal from resource containers, minimum 400, max 1200 coal a day. Then there's missions, potential Dockyard events/campaigns that reward coal, Holiday snowflakes that give out coal too, potential supercontainer reward. Ranked as you said could be a way to earn coal, though you will have to go pretty far to get a large amount.

Now, unless you get really lucky with RNG or have a huge amount of ships I don't think you will be able to get that much coal in so short a time, especially if you don't have a discount coupon (in the armory there's one for resource premiums, giving you a 25% discount).

Last, there are containers that can be bought with money that give out coal. But unless you are literally burning money in your fireplace to warm yourself up I wouldn't recommend it.

[PVE]
Members
13,174 posts
27,611 battles
39 minutes ago, KiteIgniter said:

...of grinding out 252,000 coal before the next patch? 

I consider myself a WoT veteran with grinding experience. I also love WoWS, but I'm not as knowledgable/experienced at it (so not TOTAL n00b)

==> I just LOVE digital vehicles and recently learned that some are being removed (so now I gotta get one!)

I also just recently earned about earning coal in Ranked Battles, but I have no experience in them (but I plan to try it this week after the holiday weekend).

*** Is the Ranked Battles format conducive to grinding, or are there pre-rationed amounts of coal that are able to be earned within each time period?

(My enthusiastic preemptive response to the first responders) So you're saying there's a chance? :cap_rambo::cap_wander:

The Coal ships aren't being removed for 4 patches according to the Dev Blog.

https://blog.worldofwarships.com/blog/95

On Dec 2 we have 0.9.11 arriving followed by patches 0.9.12, 0.10.0, and then patch 0.10.1 when they are being removed. Patches genuinely run 4-5 weeks between them. So you are looking at like February or March before they are being removed.  So you have some time. 

Ways you can earn Coal

• Daily Missions will give you 400 a day (2X200) if you finish all 6 of them. Assuming you have Dec, Jan, and Feb to grind you are looking at 90 days. That is 36,000 if you can do every day. This also earns you 40 Steel as well every day if you do all 6 and Steel can be converted to Coal (see below)
  • 3 Daily Crates. You are guaranteed at least 400 Coal in a Resources Container so that is a minimum of 1200 a day (3X400) and possibly more as they can drop 800 or even 1200 in a crate. Assuming the minimum 1200 a day however, and if you can get them all 90 days, that is 108,000.
  • Christmas Snowflake Event. This year Tiers 5-7 will be giving Coal for knocking off the flake. Amount varies by tier. If it is the same as last year, which I think it will be, T5 awards 400, T6 awards 500, and T7 awards 750 for each flake knocked off. So if you have a lot of T5-T7 ships you can really rack it up.
  • Campaigns, Dockyards, and other events. Keep an eye out for Campaigns (we have 2 coming around Christmas/New Years), Dockyards (one for New Years), and other events that award Coal as part of it. 
  • You can also always buy Premium crates in the shop that have a chance at a Coal drop. Up to you if you want to spend any money.
    • Always Courageous = possible 3400 Coal drop
    • Dunkirk = possible 1500 Coal drop
  • Convert Steel. Although I do not recommend this at all you can trade in Steel at a rate of 1 Steel for 10 Coal. It is a terrible conversion rate but if you only need a little and you have some Steel this is an option.
  • Save and use your Coupon. There will be a new -25% Armory Coupon for Resource ships coming around Christmas. That turns a 252,000 Coal ship into a 189,000 Coal ship. So save that Coupon until you have enough as we only get 2 a year; 1 in summer and the other around Christmas (and they are only good for that 6 month period - can't be used beyond that time).
Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Cool 3

[FML]
Members
4,148 posts
16,060 battles
38 minutes ago, KiteIgniter said:

I also just recently earned about earning coal in Ranked Battles, but I have no experience in them (but I plan to try it this week after the holiday weekend

Ranked Sprint awards 10k coal if you rank out, which is usually relatively easy to do (should be less than 50 battles). Full Ranked seasons also award coal for completing various stages, and some steel for ranking out which can be converted if you must into coal, but it’s a much longer and deeply frustrating grind - looking at 250+ battles or so if you’re new to it to rank out. 

Otherwise, I think Admiral Thunder set out the rest. Some of the ‘other events’ could include the dockyard; traditionally a late stage of dockyard has awarded 10-15k coal. 

Sign in to follow this