Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Sullen_Maximus

wth Wargaming

71 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

158
[RE]
Beta Testers
211 posts
10,397 battles

The fact ever black friday ship sale comes with a mission that is only obtainable with the NON-BLACK FRIDAY VARIANT of the ship is one of the scamiest things you've ever done. You knew that people would assume buying the black Friday ship that says "combat mission for 2500 doubloons" people assume it's for the goddamn ship they're buying! not a mission that requires them to double their investment and buy the NON black Friday version of the same goddamn ship.

  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
487
[FOXY]
Members
1,222 posts
6,053 battles
3 minutes ago, Sullen_Maximus said:

The fact ever black friday ship sale comes with a mission that is only obtainable with the NON-BLACK FRIDAY VARIANT of the ship is one of the scamiest things you've ever done. You knew that people would assume buying the black Friday ship that says "combat mission for 2500 doubloons" people assume it's for the goddamn ship they're buying! not a mission that requires them to double their investment and buy the NON black Friday version of the same goddamn ship.

It tells you what ship the mission applies to when you look at the page. If it doesnt say "SHIPNAME B" It doesnt apply to whatever "B" ship you bought. The missions are bonuses to those who have both, nothing else.

Edited by Princess_Daystar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
158
[RE]
Beta Testers
211 posts
10,397 battles
Just now, Princess_Daystar said:

It tells you what ship the mission applies to when you look at the page. If it doesnt say "SHIPNAME B" It doesnt apply to whatever "B" ship you bought.

that's not what it says in the armory. If you go to buy it, it simply says "combat mission for 2500 doubloons"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
110
[WOLFX]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
269 posts
8,297 battles

They did the mission so people that already own the non-black version might also buy the Black version.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
158
[RE]
Beta Testers
211 posts
10,397 battles
1 minute ago, Drago25x said:

They did the mission so people that already own the non-black version might also buy the Black version.

Also to confuse people buying to think they would get some added value in the purchase by not making that more clear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,090
[CO-OP]
Members
2,695 posts
27,896 battles
6 minutes ago, Sullen_Maximus said:

that's not what it says in the armory. If you go to buy it, it simply says "combat mission for 2500 doubloons"

image.thumb.png.569b295c42397f6e9da208dd27374432.png

It states that you need the standard version of the ship.  NOTE: the example above states Jean Bart, NOT Jean Bart Black.

  • Cool 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
487
[FOXY]
Members
1,222 posts
6,053 battles
6 minutes ago, Sullen_Maximus said:

that's not what it says in the armory. If you go to buy it, it simply says "combat mission for 2500 doubloons"

False i just checked, maybe you should click and read everything you are buying before buying.

"Owners of this bundle will also receive a special combat mission for Asashio."

552990_20201128141800_1.png

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
77
[WOLF5]
Members
84 posts
2,943 battles
3 minutes ago, HamptonRoads said:

image.thumb.png.569b295c42397f6e9da208dd27374432.png

It states that you need the standard version of the ship.  NOTE: the example above states Jean Bart, NOT Jean Bart Black.

 

2 minutes ago, Princess_Daystar said:

False i just checked, maybe you should click and read everything you are buying before buying.

"Owners of this bundle will also receive a special combat mission for Asashio."

552990_20201128141800_1.png

And it differentiates between the black ship and the regular version of the ship right above the combat mission: "[SHIP B] is a standalone Premium ship.  The only difference in comparison with her standard counterpart -- [SHIP] -- is the color scheme of her permanent camouflage."  Anytime the ship is mentioned in the combat mission section, it uses [SHIP], not [SHIP B].

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,506
[PVE]
Members
13,267 posts
27,787 battles
31 minutes ago, Sullen_Maximus said:

that's not what it says in the armory. If you go to buy it, it simply says "combat mission for 2500 doubloons"

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/sales-and-events/black-friday-2020/

Special Combat Mission
Until January 31, 2021, you can complete the special combat mission for each ship playing the standard (not black) version of each black ship.


They did tell us but you need to read the news article for it to actually be explained (and it is at very bottom). Also, this is how it has worked all 3 years now for the BF events and this 2500 Doubloon mission.


In the Armory if you take the time to read all of the information provided before buying you would have seen the mission details (will use Jean Bart as an example but it is the same for all of them so just insert whatever ship you got in place of JB) ...

3JTTw2e.jpg

It clearly states that

  • You get a combat mission for Jean Bart
  • Win 5 games in Jean Bart and get 2500 Doubloons and 25,000 Coal

So they do tell you the mission is specifically for Jean Bart; not Jean Bart B (again, or whatever ship you got). The B version ships, while exactly the same as the regular version other than the black perma camo, are considered separate ships. You can't have more than 1 of a ship in WOWS so the fact we can have a regular and a B tells you it is a different ship. You will also have a separate stats line in your profile for each one as, again, they are not the same ship.


So learn from this and realize that WG is not the most ethical company out there. They will purposefully make stuff ambiguous and misleading in the hopes it confuses people who will then spend money they might not otherwise spend. Always read the news articles, dev blog, and these forums before spending on these types of things. You can usually sniff out the tricks and gimmicks they use. For instance, I warned people in a forum PSA yesterday AM that these missions are for the regular version ships only and not the B. Others made similar posts.

The good news is you got a T7-T9 premium ship, with a really cool camo, for a substantial discount over the regular version; and performance wise it is the same thing. You saved money. You also have a ship that will qualify for flake events now to bring you Coal or Steel, crates, etc...

We all get taken at some point by WG and their unethical advertising. They got me last year during the Puerto Rico event. I jumped in all guns blazing before properly reading all the info on it and got committed to a very expensive event I might otherwise have passed on. So remember, always READ the...

  • News Page (on main website or in port)
  • Dev Blog
  • Forums 

...BEFORE spending anything or jumping into something. WG will most likely tell you all the dirty details but you have to hunt around and gather it all from the various sources.

:Smile_honoring:

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Cool 1
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
853
[HINON]
Members
2,308 posts
22,745 battles
29 minutes ago, Sullen_Maximus said:

Also to confuse people buying to think they would get some added value in the purchase by not making that more clear.

Only those who have no reading comprehension or desire to do due diligence before spending money on virtual goods. 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,376
[SALVO]
Members
26,059 posts
28,849 battles
36 minutes ago, Sullen_Maximus said:

The fact ever black friday ship sale comes with a mission that is only obtainable with the NON-BLACK FRIDAY VARIANT of the ship is one of the scamiest things you've ever done. You knew that people would assume buying the black Friday ship that says "combat mission for 2500 doubloons" people assume it's for the goddamn ship they're buying! not a mission that requires them to double their investment and buy the NON black Friday version of the same goddamn ship.

I think that you miss the point that these doubloon missions are meant to reward owners of the non-black versions of the ships in question, and not as a reward for people who do not own the non-black versions who do buy the black version.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
158
[RE]
Beta Testers
211 posts
10,397 battles
1 minute ago, AdmiralThunder said:

So they do tell you the mission is specifically for Jean Bart; not Jean Bart B (again, or whatever ship you got). The B version ships, while exactly the same as the regular version other than the black perma camo, are considered separate ships. You can't have more than 1 of a ship in WOWS so the fact we can have a regular and a B tells you it is a different ship. You will also have a separate stats line in your profile for each one as, again, they are not the same ship.


 

In this example, the only thing they're saying is the camo is different. IF the mission doesn't work for the ship you are buying IT SHOULD SAY IN BIG [edited]LETTERS 'THIS DOES NOT APPLY TO THE SHIP YOU'RE BUYING'. I'm loving the levels of Stockholm syndrome going on in these forums. I swear war gaming could crapon you and you would accept it as icecream. IF this was so goddamn easy, i wouldn't have multiple friends all complaining about THE EXACT SAME THING.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
158
[RE]
Beta Testers
211 posts
10,397 battles
2 minutes ago, Crucis said:

I think that you miss the point that these doubloon missions are meant to reward owners of the non-black versions of the ships in question, and not as a reward for people who do not own the non-black versions who do buy the black version.

That is clearly a side affect by their wording. If ti wasn't, they would clearly state "this mission isn't for the ship you're purchasing". Instead they do some semantic loopholes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
158
[RE]
Beta Testers
211 posts
10,397 battles
5 minutes ago, Warped_1 said:

Only those who have no reading comprehension or desire to do due diligence before spending money on virtual goods. 

Yes... it's the customers who are at fault. You must work for comcast.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,484
[WKY04]
Members
3,861 posts
24,566 battles
29 minutes ago, HamptonRoads said:

image.thumb.png.569b295c42397f6e9da208dd27374432.png

It states that you need the standard version of the ship.  NOTE: the example above states Jean Bart, NOT Jean Bart Black.

Its also exactly the same way this worked last year. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,017
[DEV_X]
Alpha Tester
2,678 posts
25,885 battles

The concept is easy to understand, they have to incentivize people that own the regular version to buy the Black Version.

Otherwise they'll only be selling them on black Friday for cheap.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
158
[RE]
Beta Testers
211 posts
10,397 battles
Just now, Pugilistic said:

Its also exactly the same way this worked last year. 

Great argument, "sorry if you didn't get scammed by this method last year,  but you should have known". Ridiculous. Do you say thank you when wargaming beats you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,376
[SALVO]
Members
26,059 posts
28,849 battles
Just now, Sullen_Maximus said:

That is clearly a side affect by their wording. If ti wasn't, they would clearly state "this mission isn't for the ship you're purchasing". Instead they do some semantic loopholes.

Part of the problem is that I'm never sure who actually writes the English text for stuff, whether in the Premium shop or on the main web site or in game.  If written by people at Lesta for whom English is only a second language, cases of bad wording may be just bad translations.  Come to think of it, even if written by people at WG-NA, bad translation may still be an issue if they're having to base what they write on poorly translated original Russian text.  Even the most proficient writer of English is only going to be as good as his understanding of the translation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
158
[RE]
Beta Testers
211 posts
10,397 battles
Just now, Skuggsja said:

The concept is easy to understand, they have to incentivize people that own the regular version to buy the Black Version.

Otherwise they'll only be selling them on black Friday for cheap.

that's ridiculous. AND a giant [edited]scam in itself "hey so you already have this ship, but we're going to make an entirely cloned copy of the same ship, that hey, you can rebuy again. Even though we could have just made a [edited]camo for the ship"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,376
[SALVO]
Members
26,059 posts
28,849 battles
3 minutes ago, Sullen_Maximus said:

Yes... it's the customers who are at fault. You must work for comcast.

Dude, the English text is very straightforward.  You can't blame WG for customers who are too lazy to read what's provided to them.  Stop making excuses for their laziness.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
158
[RE]
Beta Testers
211 posts
10,397 battles
1 minute ago, Crucis said:

Part of the problem is that I'm never sure who actually writes the English text for stuff, whether in the Premium shop or on the main web site or in game.  If written by people at Lesta for whom English is only a second language, cases of bad wording may be just bad translations.  Come to think of it, even if written by people at WG-NA, bad translation may still be an issue if they're having to base what they write on poorly translated original Russian text.  Even the most proficient writer of English is only going to be as good as his understanding of the translation.

So now we're going to change the argument to "well they probably didn't understand what the ywere saying" I seriously don't believe this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,284
[RKLES]
Members
964 posts

For people familiar with the way WG operates this is no surprise.

It is not crazy to think that when you buy a ship you get a mission for it.

They could be a bit more clear about this in the description.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,506
[PVE]
Members
13,267 posts
27,787 battles
1 minute ago, Sullen_Maximus said:

In this example, the only thing they're saying is the camo is different. IF the mission doesn't work for the ship you are buying IT SHOULD SAY IN BIG [edited]LETTERS 'THIS DOES NOT APPLY TO THE SHIP YOU'RE BUYING'. I'm loving the levels of Stockholm syndrome going on in these forums. I swear war gaming could crapon you and you would accept it as icecream. IF this was so goddamn easy, i wouldn't have multiple friends all complaining about THE EXACT SAME THING.

Well, I gave you sources where it does tell you plus being a Beta Tester you have been around long enough to know, not to trust WG, B ships are not the same as standard ones, and when WG lists a specific ship(s) to complete a task you can only use that specific ship(s). The missions only list the standard ships and not the B so it is clear in that regard. This is also the 3rd BF event and every year it has worked exactly the same.

I don't disagree they purposely worded it as they did in the hopes it would confuse people and result in more sales. They are used to player unrest and anger so that doesn't bother them if they get green $$$ out of it. 

I am no WG fan boy nor do I suffer from Stockholm Syndrome as I am not actually defending them. I was simply trying to explain to you and show you where you have to take some blame here (just as I did when I talked about getting take in the Puerto Rico event).

Don't Trust WG! Read everything you can find from all sources (including the entire item description) before buying stuff. It tells you right in the item details that the mission is for the standard ship. The B version is not included. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,376
[SALVO]
Members
26,059 posts
28,849 battles
1 minute ago, Sullen_Maximus said:

that's ridiculous. AND a giant [edited]scam in itself "hey so you already have this ship, but we're going to make an entirely cloned copy of the same ship, that hey, you can rebuy again. Even though we could have just made a [edited]camo for the ship"

It's not a scam, because the reality is that there are a number of players who understand that they're buying a clone of the original ship and yet still do so for reasons of their own.

Stop making excuses for those too lazy to read.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,376
[SALVO]
Members
26,059 posts
28,849 battles
1 minute ago, Sullen_Maximus said:

So now we're going to change the argument to "well they probably didn't understand what the ywere saying" I seriously don't believe this.

And I seriously don't believe that you're making excuses for people too lazy to read what's being sold!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×