You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
DeadLemmingsSociety

Black friday mixed bag

36 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
3 posts
2,378 battles

Black friday crates were pretty good. I bought the 22 pack. I got all 4 this year ships plus commanders the missions and other goodies. Good deal right? Not so much...seel the missions ARENT for the black ships. They are only for the regular ships.

Jena bart not jean bart b, cossack not cossack b..and so on. SO if you want to do those missions and earn the doubloons you either already have those ships(which I dont) or you spend about $200 to buy them to earn the $30 worth of doubloons. That part is pretty messed up.  Thats like buying a car and finding out after you get that you dont get the keys or remote with the car because those are extra.  I understand the game isnt REALLY free and its not a charity but this here is robbery.

The up side is the ships are pretty decent to play and the black paint is cool.

• Sad 1
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 2

[REVY]
Members
8,267 posts
6,118 battles
3 minutes ago, DeadLemmingsSociety said:

but this here is robbery.

Then call the police, don't post on the forums.

• Meh 2

[FOXY]
Members
1,222 posts
6,053 battles

It says that they arent for the "B' ships right on the packaging for them. The missions for the 2.5k gold are a bonus to those who have both ships. Im a little sad that i cant get that coal from the JB mission, but it is what it is.

Im making out with alot more than im putting in over this sale.

• Cool 1

[WOLF5]
Members
84 posts
2,943 battles

Better analogy would be buying a car and finding out after you get the car that the free phone that came with the car has no service.  You can still drive the car (the black ship) around but the promo item they threw in with the purchase of the car, the phone (the mission), is useless since you have no service (the regular version of the ship) and you'd have to pay extra for that (buying the regular version of the ship).

• Cool 3
  • Meh 1

[WKY04]
Members
3,861 posts
24,566 battles

It says very clearly that the missions are NOT for the B ship version of the Premium. 

That is the same as last year. 

[O2]
Members
455 posts
10,034 battles

Best recommendation is to read the fine print with WG deals. Still sounds like you got a pretty sweet deal out of it.

[HINON]
Members
2,308 posts
22,745 battles
36 minutes ago, DeadLemmingsSociety said:

They are only for the regular ships

And after all the cautions already,  you only figure it out after paying money?  WeeGee has dinner this every year,  they are very open on this topic. 

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
27,745 posts
14,877 battles
42 minutes ago, DeadLemmingsSociety said:

Black friday crates were pretty good. I bought the 22 pack. I got all 4 this year ships plus commanders the missions and other goodies. Good deal right? Not so much...seel the missions ARENT for the black ships. They are only for the regular ships.

Jena bart not jean bart b, cossack not cossack b..and so on. SO if you want to do those missions and earn the doubloons you either already have those ships(which I dont) or you spend about $200 to buy them to earn the $30 worth of doubloons. That part is pretty messed up.  Thats like buying a car and finding out after you get that you dont get the keys or remote with the car because those are extra.  I understand the game isnt REALLY free and its not a charity but this here is robbery.

The up side is the ships are pretty decent to play and the black paint is cool.

If you would have read the details it specifically says [ship name] and not [ship name b]

[FML]
Members
4,148 posts
16,060 battles
12 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

If you would have read the details it specifically says [ship name] and not [ship name b]

Yes, it does say that but frankly it could be said more clearly. 

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
27,745 posts
14,877 battles
2 minutes ago, UltimateNewbie said:

Yes, it does say that but frankly it could be said more clearly. 

How can it be more clear?

• Meh 1

[FML]
Members
4,148 posts
16,060 battles
35 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

How can it be more clear?

Ask the people who got nailed - I’ve read enough WG to understand it. But perhaps something like a worked example (with and without the relevant ships) might help. 

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
27,745 posts
14,877 battles
4 minutes ago, UltimateNewbie said:

Ask the people who got nailed - I’ve read enough WG to understand it. But perhaps something like a worked example (with and without the relevant ships) might help. 

It is plainly stated that it is [ship], they saw what they wanted to see.

[FML]
Members
4,148 posts
16,060 battles
1 minute ago, BrushWolf said:

It is plainly stated that it is [ship], they saw what they wanted to see.

If it was so plain, there would be zero threads that complain that it was unclear. As such, it could be improved. 

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
27,745 posts
14,877 battles
1 minute ago, UltimateNewbie said:

If it was so plain, there would be zero threads that complain that it was unclear. As such, it could be improved. 

How then can they make it more clear then? People will still see what they expect to see. Look at all the complaints that the MM is broken when time and again it has been pointed out that the MM does not factor skill in any way.

[FML]
Members
4,148 posts
16,060 battles
Just now, BrushWolf said:

How then can they make it more clear then? People will still see what they expect to see. Look at all the complaints that the MM is broken when time and again it has been pointed out that the MM does not factor skill in any way.

Asked and answered. 

[REVY]
Members
8,267 posts
6,118 battles
14 minutes ago, UltimateNewbie said:

You'd have to add a 3rd warning for these people...

Jean Bart B edit.jpg

Beta Testers
3 posts
2,378 battles

I read just fine. I got the missions from a crate. That said, WS nit nitpicking a specific ship version is trash. ANY version of the ship should suffice.  Why include something in a crate that cant be used by anything that drops from said crate? 

Again its an giving you something you likely cant use to try and get you to spend more money. Why would someone buy or chance the crate for a JB black or other if they have the regular JB. It seems the ships are other wise the same or pretty dam close.   Restaurant give you free dinner but you have to buy/rent the silverware, dishes and glasses.  Airline gives you free tickets to travel but you have to buy the plane.

[HINON]
Members
13,984 posts
28 minutes ago, Sventex said:

You'd have to add a 3rd warning for these people...

Jean Bart B edit.jpg

Then the complaint would be the text wasnt big enough, why didnt it glow in neon colors or become a popup with sound effects.

TBH I agree with Lert it should have a small disclaimer on the purchase page just to clarify.

[SALVO]
Members
26,059 posts
28,849 battles
1 hour ago, UltimateNewbie said:

Nonsense.  The complainers were just too lazy to actually read what was in front of their eyes.

• Cool 1

[SLDS]
Members
125 posts
7,562 battles
25 minutes ago, DeadLemmingsSociety said:

I read just fine. I got the missions from a crate. That said, WS nit nitpicking a specific ship version is trash. ANY version of the ship should suffice.  Why include something in a crate that cant be used by anything that drops from said crate? 

Again its an giving you something you likely cant use to try and get you to spend more money. Why would someone buy or chance the crate for a JB black or other if they have the regular JB. It seems the ships are other wise the same or pretty dam close.   Restaurant give you free dinner but you have to buy/rent the silverware, dishes and glasses.  Airline gives you free tickets to travel but you have to buy the plane.

You ask why so I’ll explain it. People may have one of the ships but not the others and be tempted to gamble on getting containers for the ones they don’t have. Offering compensation for those that own the regular version of the ship increases the number of such people willing to do that, because they will get something more than just a clone of a ship they already have should that ship be what they end up getting. It also helps in getting more to buy the ship outright should they really like the regular ship and want to have 2 different builds on it, or just really really like the black look, but not at such a high price. Of course just reducing the price or throwing in the doubloons for everyone would also mean the many players who would buy it anyway would save money instead of just those being compensated for having already paid for the regular ship, so naturally they have the mission be for the regular ship. You can agree or disagree with the quality of the execution of the different disclaimers on the subject in the news article, the big pop up, and the store page, just saying what some of the reasons are since you asked why they would include the mission.

[REVY]
Members
8,267 posts
6,118 battles
10 minutes ago, PhosphorusForFun said:

I’d love to hear your opinion on taxes.

He'd probably file a police report against the IRS.

Edited by Sventex

[USCC]
Members
81 posts
14,021 battles

How do you acquire the 25k coal? The 2500 gold showed up after the 5 victories, but no coal.