You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Armkreuz

What kind of crap is this?

10 comments in this topic

[O_S_D]
Members
122 posts
11,901 battles

I am TRYING to get HP for my team to win in Naval battle. The opposing team has 5 big ships left in game and you stop the damn game. WHY? How can my team win the naval battle if you keep pulling the games before HP can be won. 

Really.png

• Haha 1
  • Boring 1

[WOLFC]
Members
3,200 posts

The number of ships remaining is irrelevant ... you win and the game ends when one of the following conditions is met:

https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Game_Modes#How_to_Win

It appears your team was probably too efficient in killing off the reds and/or preventing them from getting points from capping.

eee.jpg

[REVY]
Members
2,606 posts
14,218 battles
20 minutes ago, Armkreuz said:

I am TRYING to get HP for my team to win in Naval battle. The opposing team has 5 big ships left in game and you stop the damn game. WHY? How can my team win the naval battle if you keep pulling the games before HP can be won. 

Really.png

Need more info

What kind of battle was it? What map? As Docwalker said, there are several ways a battle can end 'early'.

Given that on the enemy team the CV, 2 BBs, 3 cruisers were lost, I'd say the red teams points hit zero and ended the battle.

[DEV_X]
Alpha Tester
2,660 posts
25,793 battles

My nearly 25,000 battles worth of this crap is telling me that their team had no caps and your team killed them so fast they zeroed out on points within 6 to 7 minutes.

Edited by Skuggsja

[O_S_D]
Members
122 posts
11,901 battles

Was a random battle. From lowest to highest on our team, only I had a kill. The rest had nothing. First 8 slots (Except me) didn't have anything. Not gonna turn this into a moaning session. I know I am going to get a HOST of cellar dwellers telling me how stupid my complaint is, but if I am trying to get a star for my team and that many big ships are left. It steals my Naval Battle attempt. IF the game is pulled and we did not get to finish, then I should get my attempt back. Not right for my team.

[WOLFG]
Members
31,957 posts
9,887 battles

I hate when I'm grinding a DD, it's near the end of the game, and I'm taking a cap we don't need. (for extra XP)

I'm watching the cap timer race the scoreboard, and actually hoping the enemy sinks one of our ships lol.

[PVE]
Members
7,567 posts
23,591 battles
7 minutes ago, Armkreuz said:

Was a random battle. From lowest to highest on our team, only I had a kill. The rest had nothing. First 8 slots (Except me) didn't have anything. Not gonna turn this into a moaning session. I know I am going to get a HOST of cellar dwellers telling me how stupid my complaint is, but if I am trying to get a star for my team and that many big ships are left. It steals my Naval Battle attempt. IF the game is pulled and we did not get to finish, then I should get my attempt back. Not right for my team.

Actually...your problem is exactly the opposite...

If only you had a kill the game wouldn't have ended so quickly...it (probably) ended quickly because your team killed so many of the red ships that they got zeroed out on points...

Next time don't go for kills... it's easier to farm damage from ships that have more HP than ships that are low on life. (Not good team play suggestion...just a damage farming suggestion).

[TSF]
Members
362 posts
13,934 battles

I have had this problem many times. Several times this weekend. It is especially frustrating when WG puts the Clan competition "Naval Battles" on the "cause damage" rotation instead of experience. 

Last night, I was playing a UK DD in randoms for a naval battles star. I spent the first 4 minutes capping two caps and spotting. Unfortunately, the enemy team did not take a cap, so before I could cause damage, (it was only a 5000 damage mission!), the game ended abruptly when two enemy ships were killed at the same time, zeroing out the enemy team and ending the game. VERY frustrating.

Only WG could come up with a way to penalize your clan, because you and your team played too well!

The ironic thing about it is, WG is trying to push players away from Co-op, into Randoms, and this problem of failing to get a naval battles star because the game ends too soon, is actually pushing Random players into Co-op, where it is safer to get your star.

In a similar way, WG wants the games to end faster, but by adding bot CVs to Co-op games, the players spend more time chasing down the lone enemy CV at the end of the game, than they spend killing the entire rest of the team, effectively doubling the game length, for absolutely no reason. 

It truly boggles the mind that WG seems to be incapable of thinking about the ACTUAL consequences of its decisions, rather than the INTENDED consequences.

It is Basic economics: intentions matter not at all, only actual effects matter.  

[O2]
Members
452 posts
10,033 battles

I doubt that the issue is ignorance. I think the OP is upset that they are not allowed to finish the game by sinking the enemy ships. I suppose the game says "ah these arbitrary requirements are now met, so let's call it a game" and then the game ends. Just as things were getting interesting. Happens a lot.

[USN]
Members
1,479 posts
20,200 battles
4 hours ago, Armkreuz said:

Really.png

Considering that the only ship your team lost was a Kagero, I'm gonna guess that the game just decided to have mercy on the enemy team, and you likely zeroed them out