You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
WM1957

Queen Elizabeth Battleship Turret Traverse

13 comments in this topic

[PHD]
Members
256 posts
8,142 battles

72 second 180 degree turret traverse is incredibly slow. How do you play this ship? It would seem the turret traverse issue is the most important to address will configuring the equipment and commander. What is the quickest traverse possible for this ship?

[RBMK2]
[RBMK2]
Members
609 posts
12,455 battles

You turn to port or starboard at the beginning of the match. You never try to turn and use the other side of your ship.........

• Cool 1

[WOLFG]
Members
31,839 posts
9,859 battles

Try not to let enemies get closer than mid range, and plan ahead.

[NG-NL]
Members
6,368 posts
10,443 battles

I generally do a couple 100% XP wins in Random with said ship, then FXP past. No way I'm putting up with horrid MB traverse if it's my foremost firepower.

[META_]
Members
200 posts
2,997 battles
1 hour ago, WM1957 said:

72 second 180 degree turret traverse is incredibly slow. How do you play this ship? It would seem the turret traverse issue is the most important to address will configuring the equipment and commander. What is the quickest traverse possible for this ship?

It's the same turret traverse as the Orion and Iron Duke before her, so I would imagine that you play the QE more or less the same.

[REVY]
Members
2,606 posts
14,186 battles
1 hour ago, WM1957 said:

1 hour ago, Skpstr said:

Try not to let enemies get closer than mid range, and plan ahead.

^^ this

I hate to tell you OP, but if you think the QE's turret traverse is bad.......
With the slow traverse, you are going to have to plan out where you are going, where you expect the enemy to appear, and any escape routes.

Alot of the higher tier BBs have slower traverse, you are just going to have to get used to it.

[WOLFG]
Members
31,839 posts
9,859 battles
12 minutes ago, Lord_Slayer said:

^^ this

I hate to tell you OP, but if you think the QE's turret traverse is bad.......
With the slow traverse, you are going to have to plan out where you are going, where you expect the enemy to appear, and any escape routes.

Alot of the higher tier BBs have slower traverse, you are just going to have to get used to it.

At least QE has a small turning radius, and you can help the traverse a fair bit.

I've retired Musashi, because with the same slow traverse but dump truck handling, it's just way too slow unless I bow camp, and I refuse to do that lol.

[RLGN]
Members
15,462 posts
27,167 battles
59 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

At least QE has a small turning radius, and you can help the traverse a fair bit.

Exactly. You turn the ship, more than the guns.

You plan WAY ahead. You pay attention to your mini-map and lock your gun’s reticles to the other side of the ship before you need them to point that way.

You make turns that don’t mask your guns.

Warspite drivers from 2016 laugh at this complaint. Now that was slow turret traverse. We didn’t joke about starting to turn the turrets and going to brew tea because while we waited because we were trying to be funny.

[O2]
Members
452 posts
10,033 battles

I found that I could get it to work by playing the "watch the minimap" game more than usual. You have to plan things ahead in QE. Once you have the rhythm of it you'll be the ruling the waves.

[-HEL-]
Members
198 posts
6,911 battles
4 hours ago, Admiral_Bingo said:

46-ish seconds with Jack Dunkirk enhanced expert marksman and the main battery mod 2 upgrade.

This.  I run this loadout on my QE, gives her turrets about the same rotation speed as Warspite, and much easier to work with.  Yes, she gives up aiming assist, but I find her to be accurate enough, not Warspite levels of accurate, but good enough.  MBM2 is much better now that it doesn't include slower reload speed in exchange for faster turning guns.