You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
monpetitloup

CV unlimited planes need to stop

242 comments in this topic

[1984]
Members
4,482 posts
21,506 battles

122 planes:

cv never ran out and always made strikes despite being low tier and me using dfaa. this is ridiculous. aa needs to be made to work.

shot-20.11.28_15.13.53-0474.jpg

• Cool 19
  • Thanks 2
  • Boring 3
  • Meh 13

[HINON]
Members
13,984 posts

How many plane kills were dropped fighters though? I'd imagine by the end the enemy CV had rather small squadrons and your team appears to have won in spite of this and you survived.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[WOLFG]
Members
32,044 posts
9,926 battles
11 minutes ago, monpetitloup said:

122 planes:

cv never ran out and always made strikes despite being low tier and me using dfaa. this is ridiculous. aa needs to be made to work.

If 122 planes were shot down, AA not working wasn't the issue, it's the fact that shooting down that many planes didn't have the desired effect.

It would be interesting to see a replay.

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
14,254 posts
19 minutes ago, monpetitloup said:

122 planes:

And yet you survived, won, and came in second on your team. Who would have thunk it possible.

• Haha 3
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 2

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,192 posts

Too much of an adrenaline rush on top of turkey can produce feelings like you are experiencing, OP. May I suggest a quick trip to McD's or Burger Queen?  

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Haha 1
  • Meh 1

[TARK]
Members
7,331 posts
2,976 battles
50 minutes ago, monpetitloup said:

122 planes:

:cap_haloween:

But...but... @Sub_Octavian says your air defense was working! Look at all those plane losses!

:cap_haloween:

Except that those losses dont mean actual air defense existed.

Post the replay and tag a moderator or the development team and ask if that outcome is by design...

• Boring 4

[1984]
Members
4,482 posts
21,506 battles
9 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

And yet you survived, won, and came in second on your team. Who would have thunk it possible.

Of course i did, i was in the op as f petro!

But in any other ship this kind of result is not possible the given conditions.

9 hours ago, Telastyn said:

Just as soon as DDs can run out of torpedoes.

I don’t understand why numpts are so afraid of dd. I guess its cause they never play them and don’t understand that the torps are not guided, but rather run into players who sit still, never change course/speed, or some combination thereof. Just look at the score our dd finished second last and theirs third last. Also note the lack of dds in general since there is no point to playing the ship type given the cinditions cv/ lack of aa are in at the moment.

Edited by monpetitloup

[CLUMP]
Members
1,416 posts
1,974 battles

But but according to daily CV threads AA doesn't work and it's pretty firework display does little to nothing :Smile_ohmy:

• Cool 1

[APEZ]
Members
2,516 posts
8,937 battles

And yet you won,  lived, and got almost 2k base XP.

How terrible.

Edited by why_u_heff_to_be_mad
  • Meh 5

[DEV_X]
Alpha Tester
2,678 posts
25,885 battles

Do you even realize that you're asking for something that caused this rework to begin with? 

If a carrier runs out of planes they become limited to playability for a large number of players. Thus all the time, money, and energy used to create the ships is a loss for WG. Also, the ship still has to be able to perform so its strikes are going to become more deadly, as in alpha strike, so any planes that do get through arent going to do some damage, they're going to basically one shot you.

Finally, we know that a portion of those plane losses are AI controlled fighters hovering in a circle and some could be fighters or scouts from other classes.

• Cool 2
  • Meh 1

[APEZ]
Members
2,516 posts
8,937 battles
3 minutes ago, Skuggsja said:

Do you even realize that you're asking for something that caused this rework to begin with? 

If a carrier runs out of planes they become limited to playability for a large number of players. Thus all the time, money, and energy used to create the ships is a loss for WG. Also, the ship still has to be able to perform so its strikes are going to become more deadly, as in alpha strike, so any planes that do get through arent going to do some damage, they're going to basically one shot you.

Finally, we know that a portion of those plane losses are AI controlled fighters hovering in a circle and some could be fighters or scouts from other classes.

We can have the exact same system, just change the interface  to show how many left (of the absolute, time limited regen total), and people would stop talking about unlimited planes.

We have a brainlet problem,

• Cool 2
  • Meh 1

[TF-60]
Members
457 posts
16,271 battles
1 hour ago, Snargfargle said:

Doesn’t mean that he had a fun experience 

• Boring 1

[-TKS-]
Members
3,354 posts
17,393 battles
17 minutes ago, Skuggsja said:

The rework created a brainless ship type made to please kids, unskilled players and Co-op players who want the same easy ride in Randoms. 

If running out of planes was the problem, the answer wasn't giving them spam rockets and unlimited planes. Instead they could have restricted the amount of planes in the air at the same time and increased the prep time between flights so that when one wave is done torping you another two or three waves to follow. This is why it got the nick name "sky cancer".

The majority of players if polled would opt for a separate battle mode with CVs. We all know what would happen if they did that? Nobody would be playing the CV made because the vast majority don't want them in the game. Just the facts Jack!  

Edited by STINKWEED_
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Sad 1
  • Meh 2

[SYN]
[SYN]
Beta Testers
2,358 posts
13,586 battles
30 minutes ago, Telastyn said:

Just as soon as DDs can run out of torpedoes.

Torpedo tubes and guns can be destroyed. Can CV's flight deck be destroyed?

• Cool 5
  • Meh 2

[NG-NL]
Members
6,382 posts
10,485 battles

Nobody's going to complain the Shokaku or Kaga did better than most everyone else that match? :Smile_ohmy: The horror!

Also, 122 planes shot down, must've been a long match.

Finally, if he was rotating targets and plane types regularly, that's pretty much how any CV needs to play in order to keep full strength squadrons throughout match.

Oh, and learn to get over your dislike for CVs. I had a similar problem with DDs until decided to try them out and learned ah, here's how to be a harder opponent.

• Cool 5
  • Meh 1

[WOLFG]
Members
32,044 posts
9,926 battles
19 minutes ago, monpetitloup said:

I don’t understand why numpts are so afraid of dd. I guess its cause they never play them and don’t understand that the torps are not guided, but rather run into players who sit still, never change course/speed, or some combination thereof. Just look at the score our dd finished second last and theirs third last. Also note the lack of dds in general since there is no point to playing the ship type given the cinditions cv/ lack of aa are in at the moment.

You've basically answered your own question.

It's easy to counter gunfire from a ship you can see, just snuggle up to a rock with your bow pointed at the enemy. To counter a DD, you need your head on a swivel and constant vigilance.

Also, for someone who dislikes CVs, the other answer should be obvious. What can CVs do anywhere, anytime, besides strike? DDs can do that too. They do risk themselves to do it, but can remain unspotted while doing so, unlike planes.

I hesitate to push into an area where I believe a DD is present, not because I'm scared of torps, but because I'd rather not be spotted by an unseen ship and focused to death.

And just like CVs, a potato in a DD, may not be able to torp you, but he can keep you spotted incidentally, simply by hanging around beyond his concealment range. 

[WOLFG]
Members
32,044 posts
9,926 battles
21 minutes ago, General_WTSherman said:

Doesn't mean he didn't. Fun is subjective, and facts are irrelevant in that regard. I try to avoid including "fun" in discussions, precisely because it's subjective.

I see it all the time here, somebody says that vs. CV isn't fun, then someone will say vs. DD isn't fun. The first person will say that at least vs. DD is fair, or some variation of that.

What they're really saying is, "Many people don't find X fun, but find Y fun, so the fact that you find X fun, but don't find Y fun, is irrelevant. Only what find fun is relevant".

Edited by Skpstr
  • Cool 4

[TMS]
Members
3,742 posts
36,435 battles
31 minutes ago, General_WTSherman said:

Indeed.

I did this today but the fun factor was so low i yoloed my shima so that i could get out of the battle and close the game.

nofun.thumb.png.16018f25f75db80a94d063deb42be250.png

Playing some more now because i have been asked to Div.

Edited by Final8ty

[REVY]
Members
2,611 posts
14,278 battles
23 minutes ago, Reymu said:

Nobody's going to complain the Shokaku or Kaga did better than most everyone else that match? :Smile_ohmy: The horror!

Also, 122 planes shot down, must've been a long match.

Finally, if he was rotating targets and plane types regularly, that's pretty much how any CV needs to play in order to keep full strength squadrons throughout match.

Oh, and learn to get over your dislike for CVs. I had a similar problem with DDs until decided to try them out and learned ah, here's how to be a harder opponent.

^^

I'm in complete agreement.

In the current re-work CVs need to manage the aircraft they have as re-gen, while available, is slow. That is why you usually see the CV player on your team performing a drop against an island or open sea area. They are trying to conserve aircraft for later. Not every CV player does this though.

OP, I would suggest you try sailing the CVs. You currently only have 7 battles in 2 different CVs. All your prior CV experience was from before the rework. I suggest you play them a bit more to understand exactly what is going on from the CV prospective.

• Cool 1

[SIDE]
Members
4,939 posts
8 hours ago, STINKWEED_ said:

The rework created a brainless ship type made to please kids, unskilled players and Co-op players who want the same easy ride in Randoms. 

If running out of planes was the problem, the answer wasn't giving them spam rockets and unlimited planes. Instead they could have restricted the amount of planes in the air at the same time and increased the prep time between flights so that when one wave is done torping you another two or three waves to follow. This is why it got the nick name "sky cancer".

The majority of players if polled would opt for a separate battle mode with CVs. We all know what would happen if they did that? Nobody would be playing the CV made because the vast majority don't want them in the game. Just the facts Jack!  

Toxic misinformation given thoughtlessly via  lazy copy paste of bad ideas. Really boring man.

In crayon, Carriers are easy to suck in. They are more difficult to play well than you give them credit for. 

The issue seems to be they allow the the BEST carrier players to abuse exploits and loopholes unique to the type that negate most of the potency of AA. This allows a minute number  of well informed and experienced players of the least popular ship type the ablity to dump on people. My experience has been you may see this in game about 1-2 times a week. On the other hand most people don't seem to know those tricks. For example, I'm a regular here and know about the tricks and lately I've been trying to figure out flak dancing and AA dodging on my own and ain't figured it out yet. Still needs fixed but the sky isn't falling. Relax.

Edited by thebigblue
  • Cool 3
  • Boring 2

[DEV_X]
Alpha Tester
2,678 posts
25,885 battles
32 minutes ago, STINKWEED_ said:

What's your point in relevance to mine?

Mine was two fold:

1. WG isnt removing CV or nerfing them to oblivion because it would be a waste of development time and money.

2. The OP is asking for something to be done about the amount of planes, but the amount of planes was an issue that caused the rework. They werent popular because they were more skilled than any class and the less skilled got deplaned so fast they couldnt even play. Like playing COD with 1 magazine of ammo and no knife.

[SALVO]
Members
26,059 posts
28,849 battles
44 minutes ago, General_WTSherman said:

Boo-frickin-hoo.  His team won.  He was second on the  team in base XP.  Cry me a river.

• Cool 3
  • Meh 2

[META_]
Members
1,669 posts
17,574 battles
1 hour ago, monpetitloup said:

Of course i did, i was in the op as f petro!

But in any other ship this kind of result is not possin the given conditions.

Funny you bring up understanding that dds aren't OP because others don't play them and see their challenges but are starting a post about OP endless planes but do not have high tier experience in CVs...are you the kettle or the pot.....

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[META_]
Members
1,669 posts
17,574 battles
52 minutes ago, STINKWEED_ said:

Are you saying this vast amount of experience you have in CVs because if so it must be from another account......You do not even have CV experience on this account so your saying they are so easy is not from real life experience and if you do have low tier experience it is not the same as tier 10 CV experience....whole different game...