You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Lord_Argus

The Halland's Torps Are Too Weak

9 comments in this topic

[SOBA6]
Members
255 posts

SIKE!!!
Lol, I love the speed of these things. By the time you see them it's too late! I want to break 20 torp hits, going back in now

torp2.jpg

Torp1.jpg

Members
663 posts
5,358 battles
1 hour ago, Lord_Argus said:

SIKE!!!
Lol, I love the speed of these things. By the time you see them it's too late! I want to break 20 torp hits, going back in now

torp2.jpg

Torp1.jpg

did someone say more torps!

torps.jpg

[PHD]
Members
1,798 posts
7,237 battles

Yeh, the torps require a different DD playstyle. Rather like HE spam of the torp world. About the only thing is stay undetected and launch torps until your target gets tired. 

[WOLF3]
Members
29,592 posts
25,666 battles

IKEA torps are wet noodles.

Saw a Halland drop all its fish into a GK for mediocre damage, and that BB's TDS isn't good.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[SYN]
[SYN]
Beta Testers
2,356 posts
13,563 battles

I think they are fine. Just keep puking them out!

109635_348_1601839734.jpg

[SOBA6]
Members
255 posts
4 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Saw a Halland drop all its fish into a GK for mediocre damage, and that BB's TDS isn't good.

That's not true! if you look at my screenshot you will see I did 109k damage to a GK and sunk it while earning a Devastating Strike Badge. The reason I had more damage done than he had hitpoints is because he actually ate one of my torps earlier and he healed from it. Then I decided to go around him and come up on the opposite side his big guns were facing. He saw me but couldn't turn his guns fast enough and I narrowed my torps to as tight as they would go and launched as I turned to face away from his secondaries. Those torps are so fast you have no time to move out of the way. I think all but one hit him and I got the Dev Strike message as he died. By themselves they aren't seriously powerful but you have to be smart with battleships and land as many on him as you can. Use the tight option and don't spread them too far. On Cruisers or DD's, you don't have to be as precise because they just don't have the same protection like a BB does. 

[SNGNS]
Members
593 posts
6,963 battles
4 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

they might be a bit weak in damage, but they also reload in 70 seconds...

Members
663 posts
5,358 battles
4 hours ago, chewonit said:

I think they are fine. Just keep puking them out!

109635_348_1601839734.jpg

now add the special captain perk that gives a torpedo reload buff every 8 torpedo hit ribbons and you get one nice torpedo frenzy 

why cant we have the same for lutjens secondary guns perk, 10% every 100 secondary hits would be awesome 

[REVY]
Members
8,261 posts
6,118 battles
11 hours ago, Lord_Argus said:

The Halland's Torps Are Too Weak

You want stronger torps, go Pan-Asian.  Battleships won't even see them coming.

2Nty2IG.gif