You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Looxgood

Shall we organize Player Strike?

88 comments in this topic

[RS]
Beta Testers
20 posts
6,010 battles

Just a thought - what if we organize a Player Strike to address issues with current State of Play (which Jingles and Flamu addressed) in World of Warships and World of Tanks. 

Would you guys be interested?  

Player Strike is simple not playing this game for a period of time (3 or 4 days) en mass. 

But we can only do that if at least majority (50%~60% of players in NA agrees to it).

If WG is not paying attention to your forum post, they will definitely pay attention to sudden drop in player level.  

I know we cannot satisfy everyone's taste, but it will put WG's [edited]on fire to do something about it.  

What you all think? 

• Cool 7
  • Funny 5
  • Haha 5
  • Boring 6
  • Meh 14

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
25,034 posts
20,716 battles
19 minutes ago, Looxgood said:

What you all think? 

That even if you can get 100% of forum going player base to agree - which you won't - that still only amounts to a single digits percentage of the actual player base. IE, your idea is doomed to fail.

• Cool 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 1

[REVY]
Members
8,240 posts
6,118 battles
39 minutes ago, Looxgood said:

Just a thought - what if we organize a Player Strike to address issues with current State of Play (which Jingles and Flamu addressed) in World of Warships and World of Tanks. 

Would you guys be interested?  

Player Strike is simple not playing this game for a period of time (3 or 4 days) en mass. 

But we can only do that if at least majority (50%~60% of players in NA agrees to it).

If WG is not paying attention to your forum post, they will definitely pay attention to sudden drop in player level.  

I know we cannot satisfy everyone's taste, but it will put WG's [edited]on fire to do something about it.  

What you all think? 

You'd be better off getting all the CC to go on strike and refrain from making content for a whole month.

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

[-DF-]
Beta Testers
3,497 posts
6,161 battles

I think WG is one step ahead of you with the bot introduction.  I think they are willing to take a gamble on losing players who don't fit the model that they've set up.

[WOLF8]
Members
7,710 posts
6,485 battles

Have any online internet strikes ever been truly successful? Especially one that concerns a video game? LOL. :Smile_smile:

Nonetheless, I wish OP the best of luck in his endeavor... even as a joke, lel. :Smile_honoring::Smile_trollface:

[GWG]
Members
7,358 posts
14,120 battles

The only way to vote/strike/protest against WG is to stop spending money.

If you aren't spending anything for this game now...    Hahahahahahahahahahaha...   bye.

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[TSG4]
[TSG4]
Volunteer Moderator
3,322 posts
16,884 battles

i wont be playing WoWs during my family holiday, we travel out

so WoWs will not have my participation at all

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,904 posts
18,032 battles

A strike? It won’t work.

First off, I think it is against forum rules to organize a player’s strike on the official forum. Would be like organizing a strike on company property.

Second, as mentioned earlier, the people who come to the forum are just a small fractional percentage of the player base. 

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
14,072 posts
2 hours ago, Looxgood said:

Just a thought - what if we organize a Player Strike to address issues with current State of Play

Good luck with that. Only about 5% of the NA playerbase comes to these forums. If you don't like the game then don't play it, nobody is forcing you -- it's a free to play game.

[STW-N]
Members
4,182 posts
10,090 battles

I'm gone in roughly two months anyways.

I'm not planning on spending a dime for WG, but I do plan to make the most out of it.

• Meh 1

[MEME]
Beta Testers
171 posts
3,520 battles

I haven't been around as much last few years and came back to the game in the last month... but what is the issue?

I'm not seeing it and watched Jingles video.

So the points from Jingles video is a follows:

• People can buy premium ships - some of this are high tier ships.
  • CV rework is overpowered

For point 1:

I don't see why people shouldn't buy those ships.

No one forces players to play tier 10 or < insert tier here >. Find a tier range that you enjoy playing. If you want to buy a premium ship in that tier, go ahead.

If the issue is that newer players are buying these ships. Well, at some point they will learn how to use them. Wouldn't take them to long to copy cat other ships of their tier and learn the maps.

If you want to skip a tier (example tier 1) buy a premium ship from the next tier or so. Mean, hell that is what we did when the game came out with pre-order packages with beta access. Or you could convert normal xp to free xp and buy your way up the tree. Does that mean that you learn how to play though those tiers which were skipped, no. But both paths can led to the same result.

For point 2:

CVs are not that bad to deal with. They are hell lot easier to deal with than few years ago with the cross drops.

• If you have torpedo coming at you, turn into them or away from them (can also control your speed as well to help). If you turn into the trops, they might not have the chance to arm.
  • If you have dive bomber coming at you, try and wiggle or at least put yourself perpendicular to the coming path.
  • If you have rocket planes coming at you, just wiggle round. Yes, you will get hit.
    • But, it seems that rockets are the most effective on destroyers. Low hp/armor doesn't help, but most of the time destroyers are running straight line or they are stopped.

For the most part, I seen a number of ships just sailing in a straight line. Not sure if they are just that focus on the gun sights or lack of reviewing the mini map every once in while.

The AA cover of ships should never go back to what it was a few years ago. Could just have cruiser shut down a carrier during whole match without much of issue. Which pretty much helped kill off number of people from playing carriers. A single ship should never be able to just wipe out a squadron of planes with or without a click of a button in a heart beat. Should have ships providing over lapping covering fire to stop air attacks. Similar to how American fleets dealt with Japanese air attacks in the pacific. If your expecting a solo ship to handle themselves against air attacks, learn team play is the short answer. The way that AA is implemented within the game is as easy as it can get. Take Navyfield, you can to switch between main guns and secondary (AA guns) - had to know the golden angles and manually adjust the guns. Was very common to see ships providing aa to each other. Was the aa always effect, hell no. If you missed timed your shots or got the angle wrong - those planes are getting through.

Just seems like people are angry for not much of a reason, in my opinion.

• Cool 7
  • Boring 3

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
14,072 posts
31 minutes ago, CatinHat said:

Just seems like people are angry for not much of a reason, in my opinion.

What I thought was funny was that Jingles was talking about how OP CVs were while showing a video of a BB that was merrily going about the business of sinking almost half of the enemy team with citadel hits.

I've been playing my Gearing quite a bit lately, trying to finish up a Campaign that requires me to get some aircraft kills with a DD. Thus far, I'm finding it difficult to complete the task. It's not that my Gearing can't shoot down planes -- it's perfectly capable of that -- it's that I can't get a CV to send planes anywhere near me. I've even been chasing planes with my AA on to no avail.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 2

[ZR]
Beta Testers
361 posts
9,884 battles

We just need to commit to not spending any more money. Play as much as you want just don’t but anything. I personally haven’t spent a dime for almost 2 and a half years. 

[WOLFG]
Members
670 posts
14,260 battles
2 hours ago, CatinHat said:

CVs are not that bad to deal with. They are hell lot easier to deal with than few years ago with the cross drops.

Careful... you're speaking against the anti-CV agenda... you'll make them angry and they will downvote you, lol. Anyway, I don't see many issues with CVs either. They are no way near as bad as they were before the rework.

• Cool 2

[TARK]
Members
7,331 posts
2,945 battles
5 hours ago, Looxgood said:

Actually, you dont need that. You can just stop playing for awhile on your own...

[TARK]
Members
7,331 posts
2,945 battles
1 hour ago, Snargfargle said:

I've been playing my Gearing quite a bit lately, trying to finish up a Campaign that requires me to get some aircraft kills with a DD. Thus far, I'm finding it difficult to complete the task. It's not that my Gearing can't shoot down planes -- it's perfectly capable of that -- it's that I can't get a CV to send planes anywhere near me. I've even been chasing planes with my AA on to no avail.

This highlights a fundamental flaw in how WG views arircraft defense.

The carrier pilot ALWAYS holds the initiative advantage. Why should he just feed you plane kills? The competent captain only exposes planes to AA in situations where HE, not the surface ship, gains the most benefit out of the encounter.

Members
867 posts
6,231 battles

Lets see... Flamu whines and rages about everything and Jingles cannot be taken seriously on any topic.

The game is fine. There has to be a balance struck between all types of players of all skill levels. Armchair quarterbacks and backseat drivers are the worst types of people. Think they know it all. Well, go create your very own successful computer game and prove it. 

I complain about a fair amount in this game. But, the overall product is still very solid and something I enjoy a lot. Nothing to get upset over or go on some worthless crusade about.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 2

[SYN]
Members
1,417 posts
10,915 battles
2 hours ago, CatinHat said:

Just seems like people are angry for not much of a reason, in my opinion

Angry because their stats don't reflect their superior abilities.

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1