You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Mister_Tanman

Well... I gave it shot...

26 comments in this topic

[BIER]
Members
269 posts
10,402 battles

[Edited] WOW. 13 out of 15 containers were camos. Most of those were the 10X stupid ones that I can get in the armory for next to nothing. My fault for getting sucked in hoping that I could get something decent....

Done...

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,750 posts
4,272 battles

If only WG told you exactly what the possibilities were....:Smile_facepalm:

• Cool 2

[REVY]
Members
8,258 posts
6,118 battles
5 hours ago, Mister_Tanman said:

[Edited] WOW. 13 out of 15 containers were camos. Most of those were the 10X stupid ones that I can get in the armory for next to nothing. My fault for getting sucked in hoping that I could get something decent....

Done...

WGing doesn't owe you the grand prize when you choose to gamble.

• Cool 3

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts

Why do people still buy containers expecting them to be worth it, after all these years of the purchased containers just not being worth it?

[BIER]
Members
269 posts
10,402 battles
2 minutes ago, weiwaynezhang said:

many CC told you: if you want a ship, go buy it outright, don't expect containers

I did... I bought the Cossack afterward... My Rage is that the money I spent would have bought me more if I spent it direct than the crap I got via the containers... 

The 10X camos. wth!!!

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,192 posts
19 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

Why do people still buy containers expecting them to be worth it, after all these years of the purchased containers just not being worth it?

Cause the cost of buying them is per ship, less expensive. Problem is when you don't get one, most will try again. 

[DOW]
[DOW]
Members
999 posts
33,694 battles

And inevitably, you'll find the Youtuber or CC that opens a bunch, and gets like 3 ships and your brain just hangs on to the possibility that the same thing could happen to you. And when you stretch and buy the containers, you KNEW there might be only crap in them. And when it turns out there is, you have to get mad because you put your hands on the electric fence and it turned out the signs were right.

Hate these friggin containers, they're a bit nasty. I'll only buy any if I have it worked out that the money is justified by the worst or low average of what returns in them. As it happens, I haven't bought any in like 2 years.

28 minutes ago, Mister_Tanman said:

I did... I bought the Cossack afterward... My Rage is that the money I spent would have bought me more if I spent it direct than the crap I got via the containers... 

The 10X camos. wth!!!

Enjoy the Cossack, great ship; you got your money's worth there for sure.

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,440 posts
22,640 battles
6 hours ago, Mister_Tanman said:

[Edited] WOW. 13 out of 15 containers were camos. Most of those were the 10X stupid ones that I can get in the armory for next to nothing. My fault for getting sucked in hoping that I could get something decent....

Done...

I read 4 other posts this am about the same complaint....

Then I watched Dark Callings video... 

20 of the 250 dubs black friday containers...

80k freexp, 2500 dub mission and 3 black ships...

Based upon all the knowledge I have and knowing my WG RBJ luck, I'm passing....

Besides I have all the regular ships.

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
6,291 posts
19,203 battles

Here's how to stay happy buying containers.

Assume you will get the ABSOLUTE WORST result possible.  Worthless flags.  When you get the worst...well, that was expected.  No problem.  Anything else is like...Cool, I got something better than I expected.

• Cool 2

Members
617 posts
11,251 battles

Done...

I'm sorry to hear, but any purchase with a "chance" to get something is straight-out gambling. You should have realized the risks before making purchases.

[-H-]
Members
213 posts
6,448 battles

Done...

If it makes you feel better you can probably guess who's laughing at the money you spent.... with that being said, do what ive done, just stop spending the money, play casually, and you will find your care meter to be permanently pegged to near zero. Next thing you know you'll be taking breaks or finding a new game play and not even bother getting worked up over WoWs. In the mean time I too appreciate the laughs.

[WOLF8]
Members
7,737 posts
6,500 battles

If there was no other option to get the BF ships outside of the RNG boxes, then I might have extended some sympathies for OP, since there's no choice. After all, RNGesus can frequently test our faith in a quite... vigorous way, so to speak, lol.

Except the options to directly purchase the ships were RIGHT THERE in both the Premium Shop and the Armory. If anyone really wanted the ships, there's the actual correct ticket... and not hedging their bets with silly RNG boxes.

Sorry OP, but I say you got what was coming for you. Maybe you could have been lucky, and score a jackpot... but the chances of that were actually small overall, with absolutely no guarantee for anything. So you didn't get lucky, and this is the more likely outcome, in general. Such is the way of the gambling... lel.

[4HIM]
Members
3,244 posts
14,608 battles

If you buy them, expect nothing but camo.  Because that's what you're most likely to get.  Clan mate bought some on a whim (10 IIRC) and all were camo.  

[A-I-M]
Members
3,763 posts
14,693 battles
10 hours ago, Roadrider7021 said:

...you have to get mad because you put your hands on the electric fence and it turned out the signs were right.

Ahhh, reminds me of the Ren & Stimpy episode:

”Don’t whiz on the electric fence!”

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
15,557 posts
4,771 battles
1 hour ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

maxresdefault.jpg  From BLAMMO !! the makers of LOG!

Spoiler

63776_2j62kmo8nl2qx2q_full.jpeg?v=2

Edited by iDuckman
  • Funny 1

[WOLFG]
Members
31,969 posts
9,887 battles
12 hours ago, KilljoyCutter said:

Same reason people buy lottery tickets.

The possibility of getting something for nothing (or at least for little) is to the human psyche like crap to flies.

Why do people line up for Black Friday sales, when all they have to do is look at how many are ahead of them, and it's obvious they won't get the "door crasher" they came for?

[WOLFG]
Members
31,969 posts
9,887 battles
1 hour ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

Lol reminds me of the time I was surveying a cow pasture. The electronic transit was malfunctioning, so we finished up with a steel tape. The boss and I were on opposite sides of a fence, and the top wire was electrified.

I had the tape about an inch above the fence, and was so intent on the plumb bob, that I didn't notice the tape drifting down.

Next thing I knew, it felt like one of the cows kicked me in the chest and I was horizontal.

The boss had one of those,."are you ok? Yeah? Hahahahahaha!" moments.

[HMCSH]
Beta Testers
1,651 posts
21,656 battles

56 days premium, JB black, Kaga black, 125,000 FXP + paint and other sundries. Bought 25 pack.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts
18 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

Same reason people buy lottery tickets.

The possibility of getting something for nothing (or at least for little) is to the human psyche like crap to flies.

Why do people line up for Black Friday sales, when all they have to do is look at how many are ahead of them, and it's obvious they won't get the "door crasher" they came for?

At least when it comes electronics, the black friday specials are usually cheap crap alternate models given grossly inflated prices and then "marked down" to look like a great bargain. 

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
15,557 posts
4,771 battles
2 minutes ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

Ren: “So, you like the game, huh?”....(ZZZZIIIIIIP!!!)

Check the spoiler I added.  ROFL