You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Karandar

BBlack Friday Missions and Give aways from wargaming

21 comments in this topic

[DPG]
Supertester
736 posts
18,019 battles

Besides the combat missions, the twitch stream mission, the armory bundles and containers - Don't miss the 8 days of Black Ships Give aways Wargaming is doing through social media!

How to earn containers, and be sure to enter for each of the 8 days of Black Ships Give aways:

• Meh 1

[-VCW-]
Members
2 posts
8,657 battles

careful for those buying the black Friday ships. the advertising is misleading : the missions to get the 2500 doubloons cannot be done with the actual ships available. rip off !
  • Thanks 1
  • Boring 7
  • Meh 1

[DPG]
Supertester
736 posts
18,019 battles

The missions for the 2500 doubloons must be completed in the normal non black ship - This is the same as the past 2 years - It was introduced to compensate for owning the regular ship and buying the black version. 

• Cool 2
  • Meh 1

Members
264 posts
5,745 battles
3 hours ago, Karandar said:

The missions for the 2500 doubloons must be completed in the normal non black ship - This is the same as the past 2 years - It was introduced to compensate for owning the regular ship and buying the black version. 

Why would I buy a Kaga B if I already owned the Kaga!?!  YES!!!! It was very misleading!  I bought the Kaga B thinking...ohhh I don't know...that the mission included worked with THAT SHIP!   wth!

Edited by Girlz_Day
  • Haha 2
  • Boring 1

[O_O]
Members
6,954 posts
16,808 battles
2 minutes ago, Girlz_Day said:

Why would I buy a Kaga B if I already owned the Kaga!?!  YES!!!! It was very misleading!  I bought the Kaga B think...ohhh I don't know...that the mission included worked with THAT SHIP!   wth!

Before buying ANYTHING from WG, make sure you read carefully.  The description of that mission that came with your Kaga B is actually pretty clear...but I still see why people miss it.

Members
264 posts
5,745 battles
1 hour ago, vinnybear said:

careful for those buying the black Friday ships. the advertising is misleading : the missions to get the 2500 doubloons cannot be done with the actual ships available. rip off !

I totally agreed!  VERY misleading!  WoW has sunk to a new low for me personally.

This is tarded---> I already own a Kaga so I will buy another one with a "B" just to get a mission. 

I can not say on here what I think of them, let me put it simply, I hope they have a [edited] 2021!

• Meh 1

Members
264 posts
5,745 battles
3 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

Before buying ANYTHING from WG, make sure you read carefully.  The description of that mission that came with your Kaga B is actually pretty clear...but I still see why people miss it.

You mean missing that the mission did not have a "B" in the ship title, so very "clear" .

• Meh 2

[REVY]
Members
8,251 posts
6,118 battles
Just now, Girlz_Day said:

You mean missing that the mission did not have a "B" in the ship title, so very "clear" .

Same with ARP Yamato.  That ship is not Yamato.

1 hour ago, Karandar said:

Besides the combat missions, the twitch stream mission, the armory bundles and containers - Don't miss the 8 days of Black Ships Give aways Wargaming is doing through social media!

I posted a Massachusetts B victory screenshot for the Massachusetts B giveaway.  I hope that doesn't get me disqualified because I really could use the doubloons.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Members
264 posts
5,745 battles
20 minutes ago, Sventex said:

Same with ARP Yamato.  That ship is not Yamato.

If you take the camo off both ships are they not the same ships?!?

[REVY]
Members
8,251 posts
6,118 battles
2 minutes ago, Girlz_Day said:

You take the camo off of ARP Yamato, it still a ARP Yamato.  You take the camo off of Yamato, it still a Yamato.

• Meh 1

Members
264 posts
5,745 battles
59 minutes ago, Sventex said:

You take the camo off of ARP Yamato, it still a ARP Yamato.  You take the camo off of Yamato, it still a Yamato.

And without the camo would they not LOOK EXACTLY the same and have exactly the same abilities!?!

• Meh 1

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,335 posts
17,511 battles
3 hours ago, Girlz_Day said:

Correct. Name will not change.

[WOLF8]
Members
7,734 posts
6,500 battles
4 hours ago, Girlz_Day said:

And without the camo would they not LOOK EXACTLY the same and have exactly the same abilities!?!

It doesn't matter. The game is coded to treat the two ships as separate entities... and that's all that actually matters.

[O_O]
Members
6,954 posts
16,808 battles
7 hours ago, Girlz_Day said:

My ARP Takao and Atago are two different ships, but strip away their camo and they are identical.  Same with Fujin-Kamikaze-Kamikaze R.

It still doesn't change the fact that a mission that specifies Atago cannot be completed with ARP Takao.

[4HIM]
Members
3,244 posts
14,602 battles

Don't see why people keep saying this is a 'ripoff'.  You're getting a premium ship at a ~15% discount.  I have a few of the Black ships.  Bought the Assashio B because it was at a price is was okay with.  I just wanted to see if it was all I'd heard it was.  It's 'okay'.  But not one I play a lot.  I should probably drag it out again given all the Black Barts that are running around now.  

It does provide a lower cost way of getting a premium you want at a better price.  Though if they're available in the Armory, you'd do better with the coupon.  

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[DPG]
Supertester
736 posts
18,019 battles

For those interested,  Today's World of Warships facebook page giveaway is a Tirpitz B:

On the second day of our #8DaysofBlackShips giveaway, we're giving you the opportunity to win a Tirpitz B! To enter you will need to show us a victory screen with an achievement you've earned this week. Make sure to include your player name and server. 

[DPG]
Supertester
736 posts
18,019 battles

Today's Black ship give away  :

On the 3rd day of the #8DaysofBlackShips giveaway, we're calling for REVENGE OF THE CV. Show us a screenshot from a recent battle where you've shot down 10 or more aircraft for a chance to win a Kaga B. 
Winners will be chosen and announced on Dec 3rd. 
Good luck and fair seas!

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
2,259 posts

I left facebook, twitter and so on years ago for excessive shadowbanning and censoring due to my position in life. It also had a habit of creating and breaking family bonds built over a lifetime. So I left the social media alone for years. I don't know of anything that is worth enduring additional censoring and so forth in those dictatoral systems. Its a shame. I won one good black ship and plan on buying  afew more black ships anyway in a few days. So it's still a good event this year. I don't know why we are opening 18's and 19 boxes I would have preferred all 6 2020 boxes but cannot argue. There is more coming via doubleloons soon.

Essentially mixed feelings but mostly positive. Just need to be reading everything and be careful what you are doing this time around because the marketing talk is designed to try and extract income from you. Since I already spend like a whale X amount of dollars each month that is not a problem with WG or me. Just need to be careful. The Regular Atlanta, Alaska B and associated commanders, flags etc from the black side will help sort things nicely on my area while i Accululate the coal for the Georgia. I see the Ohio has been deleted or removed from the Armory so thats gone. It might be elsewhere.

My thoughts are my own. The experience of this blackfriday has been a litle different than the last two. particularly the 16k xp grind in the final mission for the 6 crates. It took me about 5 hours yesterday in the evening, an additional three after midnight nap and then from 7 am until 3PM today to finish it. Thats a good 15 hour invested to get 6 crates for that little bit of XP without flags etc. Talk about a grind. Falls right into 1000 xp base per hour give or take. Or 300 or so per game. I already know that Big Science fiction side of Wows is flat [edited] with hundreds of kills required to finish those missions for a couple of prizes. I dont mind a grind but not like that. I actually have a real life to live in between games.