You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
GrandpaHatesYou

Pay for what I change Captain Skill, not all or nothing

7 comments in this topic

[WHEE]
Members
36 posts
9,914 battles

Tell me it is a bad dream I screamed! Yet I did not wake up, I was not sleeping, I was looking to see when the free captain reset period after November 2020 clan battles was to be. Disappointed once again by my favorite game! Seems to be the rule rather than the exception as of late. Ok I get it is a business and you re trying to make money, I get it. WOWS notion is that now carriers are in the game you should not have to adjust your captain skills. ARE YOU PLAYING THE SAME GAME AS THE REST OF US? A perfect example is there were not many CVs out this morning, just black fire breathing Jean Bart's, Colbert’s, Etc. Captains skills for AA could gladly be swapped for um say, fireproof, but 400 doubloons?

So, WOWs, just between you and me, if you don’t want to look like you are stealing lunch money, keep the free resets occasionally. It just makes for good housekeeping. But I know WOWS is a bully and going to take my lunch money.

So here is the novel idea, rather than having to reset all the skill points, how about we pay for what we change. I pay to take a 4-point skill off of a Captain, then can add those points back on as a different 4 point skill or a 3 and a 1. Should be simple enough for WOWS to follow what I am describing. Kind of a pay for what I change, not all or nothing. What, it was just an idea, sorry here is my lunch money.

Tomorrows topic, why am I paying you to retrain my DD captain on a new DD. I could see if I was moving him to a CV but the same type boat. Come on! Ouch, never mind, sorry, here is my lunch money!

• Boring 2

Members
207 posts
4,368 battles

I agree. While I understand that WG does not want people changing captain skills all the time, the price is quite high. Same for moving captains to different ships. I think that the first respec or switch to a different ship (say per month or two) should have a low cost and then subsequent ones have higher costs.

[-BUI-]
Members
2,544 posts
6,787 battles

Save up 190,000 Elite Commander XP (amount needed for a 19pt, less if lower than that) and use that to reset them instead, never spend doubloons.

Edited by Zenn3k

[WHEE]
Members
36 posts
9,914 battles
7 hours ago, Zenn3k said:

Save up 190,000 Elite Commander XP (amount needed for a 19pt, less if lower than that) and use that to reset them instead, never spend doubloons.

Ahh, a fine plan, except I use the 190,000 to speed my way to more 19 point captains to generate more Elite Commander XP to generate more 19 point captains. 

• Cool 1

Members
5,609 posts
10,859 battles

There is no need to chase the future that you do not know why changing the skills before the game.  I guarantee about half the time - you will be pissed you changed the one skill.

[WOLFG]
Members
31,972 posts
9,887 battles
14 hours ago, GrandpaHatesYou said:

Tomorrows topic, why am I paying you to retrain my DD captain on a new DD. I could see if I was moving him to a CV but the same type boat. Come on! Ouch, never mind, sorry, here is my lunch money!

I'll save you the trouble.

It's to force a choice. You can pay dubs, you can pay credits and finish off with ECXP, you can use all ECXP, grind the retraining in a premium, (many of which are obtainable for free, all my trainer/ECXP generator ships were purchased with free coal) or, least desirable, grind in the new ship at a skills penalty.

Only the first option requires spending money.( I just generate ECXP with a 19-pointer and high tier coal ship)

With over 9k games, you must have at least one 19-point captain, and earned enough coal to buy several premiums.

Edited by Skpstr

[WOLFG]
Members
31,972 posts
9,887 battles
1 hour ago, GrandpaHatesYou said:

Ahh, a fine plan, except I use the 190,000 to speed my way to more 19 point captains to generate more Elite Commander XP to generate more 19 point captains. 

Well, that's on you then, for prioritising in that fashion. 

I've got 8 19-pointers, that's plenty for ECXP generation. It's more useful to me to move and improve lesser captains, than generate more 19-pointers. YMMV.