shaneduce

Stat shamer's. l0l

65 comments in this topic

[2GOOD]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
64 posts
12,899 battles

I have a new love to do in game is hide my stats and wait untill someone start complaning they can't see them. I just l0l at them getting all wound up over it. it's fun you  should try it..........

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 10
  • Meh 1

[GOCRY]
Members
695 posts

Seems like you’ll be waiting a long time.  I can’t remember ever having someone complain that they can’t see my stats.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Haha 2

[UN1]
Members
1,331 posts
4,166 battles
3 minutes ago, shaneduce said:

I have a new love to do in game is hide my stats and wait untill someone start complaning they can't see them. I just l0l at them getting all wound up over it. it's fun you  should try it..........

If that's what you play this game for, then I suggest you do something more productive with your time. Getting out of Mom and Dad's basement would be good first start.

Edited by Ranari
  • Cool 6
  • Funny 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 3
  • Meh 7

[2GOOD]
64 posts
12,899 battles
2 minutes ago, SeaGladius said:

Seems like you’ll be waiting a long time.  I can’t remember ever having someone complain that they can’t see my stats.

It just happon just before I posted this. Also was the reason why I did. I was in my T8 USN BB Kansas, and the dead Tirpitz B was complaning in chat about my lack of stats he could shame........... I comented at the start I hope no one Derptiz and guess what he was the first to die.

[2GOOD]
64 posts
12,899 battles

l0l I am amused at the toxicty i'm all ready seeing..........:cap_win:

• Boring 1

[WOLFG]
Members
31,992 posts
9,887 battles
1 minute ago, shaneduce said:

It just happon just before I posted this. Also was the reason why I did. I was in my T8 USN BB Kansas, and the dead Tirpitz B was complaning in chat about my lack of stats he could shame........... I comented at the start I hope no one Derptiz and guess what he was the first to die.

Well, if it bothers you, then hiding them is probably a good idea.

Know this though, as far as someone who wants to stat shame you is concerned, hidden stats are as good as a 45% WR.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[WOLFG]
Members
31,992 posts
9,887 battles

l0l I am amused at the toxicty i'm all ready seeing..........:cap_win:

It was one post......

Could it be that maybe you're just imagining that people will get worked up over your hidden stats?

Edited by Skpstr

[SALVO]
Members
3,005 posts
7,023 battles

l0l I am amused at the toxicty i'm all ready seeing.........

Did you make this topic for the purpose of trolling ? All I see is a poor attempt at flame bait. 

• Cool 2

[SAINT]
[SAINT]
Members
1,569 posts
18,395 battles

When Someone Starts A Troll Thread by zen388 - Meme Center

I could care less if you have good stats or bad stats; it's a game not a profession. Just have fun. 

Edited by Jolly_Rodgered
  • Cool 6
  • Haha 1

[2GOOD]
64 posts
12,899 battles
9 minutes ago, Chain_shot said:

Can I get some of them drugs you using there OP?

ok come on by...:Smile_trollface:

• Boring 1

[LOSC]
Members
595 posts
30 minutes ago, Ranari said:

If that's what you play this game for, then I suggest you do something more productive with your time. Getting out of Mom and Dad's basement would be good first start.

Sounds like a Direct attack against him.

• Funny 1

[META_]
Members
1,667 posts
17,508 battles
35 minutes ago, shaneduce said:

guess you were closer to shaming someone than he was .

• Cool 1

[WOLF9]
Members
4,678 posts
40 minutes ago, Rollingonit said:

In my near 13k games played, Ive never seen anyone in-game complain about someone hiding stats.

lol

No, they just come on here and complain about it, lol.

I did have a couple of enraged screamers try to stat shame me by pointing out that "hidden stats mean baaaaaad"  During an argument.   I just took it as an admission of defeat.   Normally I just roll my eyes at those types- and report for chat abuse- but occasionally they catch me in the right mood, and I decide to see just how mad I can make them, lol.  You know, the old "The beatings will continue until morale improves" thing!

At this point, hidden stats mean  they've been that way from the start, and I simply can't be arsed to change them back.  

[KIA-C]
Members
3,628 posts
16,093 battles

I don't care about people hidding their stats but if there's one thing I've noticed it is that when I div with a friend of mine who runs things like MM Monitor and tells me "This guy has hidden stats", the person will either:

- camp at the back of the map doing nothing

-yolo rush and suicide

But regardless of what options he picks, the common point is they will always blame the team for their mistake/lack of participation in the game. But what do I know ? I'm just a pleb with roughly 15k battle 

Edited by AlcatrazNC
  • Cool 4

Beta Testers
3,287 posts
26,944 battles
1 hour ago, Rollingonit said:

In my near 13k games played, Ive never seen anyone in-game complain about someone hiding stats.

lol

I've had a few through out the years do just that ..................

[INTEL]
Members
13,459 posts
38,066 battles

Looks like someone is miffed the Derpitz driving got the better of him in an exchange of wits....

• Funny 1

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
5,202 posts
12,101 battles
1 hour ago, SeaGladius said:

Only really happens when one goes to shame someone and insult them, leading to assumption that the players stats are bad and therefore they hide them - even though some good players hide them because people use these things to stat snipe just as much as insult anyone that doesn't play how they want to. Leading to the hilarity of them calling legit 60%+ players trash that should go back to tier 1 when they barely have a 49% WR, which I've seen and is hilarious.

Same comedy as the 60% Scharnhorst bragging about his win rate, completely staying out of the battle every time I see him (and when I say 'out of battle' I MEAN mean, he is nowhere near the fight, intentionally, not even firing his guns at range, he is sitting out of action, at most telling the team what to do even though he has no actual awareness of the tactical situation) who basically relies on 11 other people to carry enough to get him wins by hiding or finishing off low HP enemies to farm himself solo warriors where it's his stats are less about him being a good player and more 11 people picking up his slack. 

• Cool 1

[TMS]
Members
3,737 posts
36,350 battles

I run MMM and i see lots of hidden stats, i never say anything to these players unless they start flapping gums and start back seating by trying to tell me how to play which is becoming more common because they die early and have nothing better to do.

Edited by Final8ty

[TMS]
Members
3,737 posts
36,350 battles
2 hours ago, AlcatrazNC said:

I don't care about people hidding their stats but if there's one thing I've noticed it is that when I div with a friend of mine who runs things like MM Monitor and tells me "This guy has hidden stats", the person will either:

- camp at the back of the map doing nothing

-yolo rush and suicide

But regardless of what options he picks, the common point is they will always blame the team for their mistake/lack of participation in the game. But what do I know ? I'm just a pleb with roughly 15k battle 

+1

[TFLT]
Members
291 posts
13,999 battles
3 hours ago, Skpstr said:

Well, if it bothers you, then hiding them is probably a good idea.

Know this though, as far as someone who wants to stat shame you is concerned, hidden stats are as good as a 45% WR.

Agreed.

When "we" are entering Randoms as a Division we always check to see what players on the other team are going to be a concern and which players on our team are likely to be useful in the game. When you see, for example a DD that has 15k games in that ship with a 41% WR you can use that information to decide you're not going to build your game around supporting that DD and following them to cap. When we see "Stats Hidden" we assume (almost always correctly) that the person hiding them is a terrible player that was so frequently abused in game for awful play they sought out a way to hide their record as a player. I would rather see a player with a low 40% WR than "stats hidden". 

As a rule people who hide their stats are terrible players in the sense that they're not only bad at the game....they're bad at the game with tens of thousands of games played and no interest in learning what they're doing wrong or how to not be terrible. Everyone starts somewhere. If you're in the mid to upper 40% WR range you're average. Especially if you have just a few hundred or a couple thousand games played. The worst are players with that 38 to 45% WR that have 15,000 games and literally would be better off if they just spawned in game and then went and hid behind an island far out of the way and just stayed alive. They have no interest in learning how the game is played whatsoever and die within 2 minutes of spawn....back to the port where they have 5 ships still "in game" as they launch into another game.

Honestly your stats can't be as bad as having "stats hidden" would suggest.

For me, if I had people on my case in chat telling me I'm an awful player I would probably take some time to figure out what I'm doing wrong and make an effort to "get gud". Watch some streams on Twitch. Watch some "how not to suck" vids in YouTube? Join a division of players better than I and pay attention to what they do and where they go? I can't remember the last time someone got on my case in chat and told me that I was trash or whatever? If that is happening to you frequently you may want to examine the common denominator in all those games and interactions....? Pay attention to what those statistics and people no matter how rude are trying to tell you? Just my 2 cents. I just don't like to suck at  my chosen activities and if I do I try to find out what is going on and improve. There are other games that are not team based. Try Candy Crush or something if self improvement or competence aren't your thing.

• Cool 2
  • Thanks 2