Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
AdmiralThunder

2020 Black Friday Missions Progress Thread (PVE Thread)

29 comments in this topic

[PVE]
Members
13,195 posts
27,680 battles

So today started the Black Friday event for 2020. Lots of missions and goodies to be had. I was lucky and got all 4 of the new B ships and as I had the original versions I was able to do the 2500 Doubloon missions. Was a good day today although a LOOONG one! 

I finished it all up and even got my 10 Naval Battles done for the Clan. Time to call it a day.:cap_fainting:

Crate Missions.jpg

Atlanta.jpg

Cossack.jpg

Kaga.jpg

Jean Bart.jpg

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Cool 3

[PVE]
Members
4,989 posts
22,019 battles

I'm happy you are done !  Well done fearless Leader.

I'm no where near close to finishing the Combat Mission requirements.  I've only gotten junk in the two crates so far.  I don't own most of the Black ships to begin with; and, I don't gamble or spend on crates because it is gambling to me.

For the rest of us that don't indulge:  it's just a normal day in WoWs.....  And, COOP is full of panic stricken PVP players whom have the Hook syndrome (the I want syndrome) so it is taking twice as long to get those four segments done.

Thanks for the Naval Battles bump....!

• Boring 1

[WOLFG]
Members
11,593 posts
10,718 battles

1.5 done.  It took longer because I was using matching premiums to pile up elite commander XP at the same time as getting the XP.

Using Oklahoma, Texas, and Kansas for my Georgia captain led to some low payouts (Kansas game was superfast).

[STW-A]
Members
271 posts

Wait.... what?

AdmiralThunder -- Are you really saying that you obtained 33K modified XP, then 700K damage, then 22 destroyed ships, and then 16K base XP all in COOP and all in one day (done by  5pm EST no less.) !?

I see the screen shots, so I guess so....  all I can think of is (1) That must have taken a few coop games and (2) What are you going to do tomorrow now that your missions are done already?

Impressive.

[CO-OP]
Members
2,651 posts
27,770 battles
31 minutes ago, Seaman_Rookie said:

Wait.... what?

AdmiralThunder -- Are you really saying that you obtained 33K modified XP, then 700K damage, then 22 destroyed ships, and then 16K base XP all in COOP and all in one day (done by  5pm EST no less.) !?

I see the screen shots, so I guess so....  all I can think of is (1) That must have taken a few coop games and (2) What are you going to do tomorrow now that your missions are done already?

Impressive.

In addition, he completed the non-black ship missions.  These are the missions the original ships, IF you get the black versions.  You need to win 5 games with them to get 2500 doubloon, and 25K coal.  These could be done concurrently to the other black Friday mission.

Edited by HamptonRoads

[WOLF9]
Members
4,678 posts

I got my new laptop, and am still downloading the game onto it...  About 30% done, now.   I'm back at work, so I can only download at night, when I stop for the day.

Think I'll be sitting this one out.   It wiped out my high speed data quickly, now I get to wait for the hamster wheel powered data speed.   40 gig downloads...

Old one was getting raggedy, an the t and y keys act up.  Real nice when I need to USE them in a hurry to activate a consumable- like repair party, lol.   also, the battery is worn out- it lasts maybe 30 min before dying- and so is the plug socket, so the power cord will slip partway out, without me knowing, and the thing goes dead without warning.  ( I cannot see the battery indicator when game is open...)   or it just pops out randomly.    One of the hinges is going bad as well.   Time for the old transistor's home, lol.  I've had it several years, and it's taken all the abuse of being on the road constantly, so it owes me nothing.

This one is about 33% smaller, weighs half as much- and is FAR more powerful, with a lot more memory.  Screen is about the same size, and the sound is louder, too.

[PVE]
Members
13,195 posts
27,680 battles
53 minutes ago, Seaman_Rookie said:

Wait.... what?

Impressive.

Yes.

The only part that really took any time was the BXP. No way to boost it with camo and flags.:Smile_veryhappy: T5 fast reloading DD's for the kills went fast at an avg of 4 a game.

Tomorrow I will play the B ships some, some Ohio, and once I finish my dailys work on all the BF missions again on my alt account. :cap_fainting:

35 minutes ago, HamptonRoads said:

In addition, he completed the non-black ship missions.  These are the missions the original ships, IF you get the black versions.  You need to win 5 games with them to get 2500 doubloon, and 25K coal.  These could be done concurrently to the other black Friday mission.

I did those games while working on the 16K BXP part.

Edited by AdmiralThunder

[PVE]
Members
13,195 posts
27,680 battles
54 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

@AdmiralThunder

Haven't been on today yet.

On the missions page? Or do I need to opt in somewhere?

The 4 part mission chain is under combat missions. Does not require opt in.

• Cool 1

[WOLF9]
Members
1,077 posts
22,567 battles

Congrats @AdmiralThunder.

I bought a few crates today, no ships.  So my expectations were met.  :)

I got 3 Black versions of ships last year, and of course, read the instructions wrong, and ending up purchasing the Tirp and Scharn (already had Mass), so I could do those missions.  All my fault.  But with 2 of the same ships in port, I never have the time it seems to play the Black versions, so I am skipping them this year.

Saving my pennies for Christmas.

[PVE]
Members
4,989 posts
22,019 battles
3 hours ago, KilljoyCutter said:

Finished the first stage today.

Got the crate.

Received 4 camos.

Yay.

I've received what 4, BF crates and Shadow Lurker camo (x4)..........  Better than.........nothing>?  OK, it's free and I suspect, the BXP is going to take two or more days for...........yep.........more camo cause that's all they seem to have in them.

Would I buy any others, beyond that...........not, if all I ever get is camo???

[WOLF8]
Members
7,741 posts
6,507 battles
11 hours ago, Seaman_Rookie said:

Wait.... what?

Impressive.

Admiral is one of the few powerhouse Coop players in the game. He can pull off things in Coop that only few people can... and I meant that as a compliment, lol.

If you ask me, what makes his exploits so impressive is that he's doing all this in Coop. Coop games are smaller (with less targets and HP to shoot at), quicker (matches usually ending in short orders hence not enough time for some things), and with less pay out... and yet he still does all the stuffs like they're nothing, lel.

I was impressed like you just did, when I first learned of his abilities, lul.

[4HIM]
Members
3,245 posts
14,608 battles

Finished the 3rd mission last night.  That one took a while as the game seemed to have started trolling me.  In stages 1 and 2, was regularly getting at least 2 or 3 kills per match.  I was playing mostly the Z-23 as I'm trying to unlock the Z-46 in advance of the snowflake event.  So I was playing the same ship.  But now, instead of scoring kills I fire a slavo that leaves the red at under 300 health.  And the kill gets sniped.  

But so far in all the crates I've opened in this event, nothing but camo.  So no hopes for another Black bote.  

[PVE]
Members
13,195 posts
27,680 battles
3 hours ago, Blorgh2017 said:

Admiral is one of the few powerhouse Coop players in the game. He can pull off things in Coop that only few people can... and I meant that as a compliment, lol.

If you ask me, what makes his exploits so impressive is that he's doing all this in Coop. Coop games are smaller (with less targets and HP to shoot at), quicker (matches usually ending in short orders hence not enough time for some things), and with less pay out... and yet he still does all the stuffs like they're nothing, lel.

I was impressed like you just did, when I first learned of his abilities, lul.

sm2.png

• Haha 1

Members
709 posts

Woke up with messed up eye. Thought I should run something forgiving so took out JB. 2 matches loaded with Brindisi's. Those things are one shot wonders, 8 kills so far!

[PVE]
Members
175 posts
3,110 battles
1 hour ago, AdmiralThunder said:

sm2.png

How long has this been sitting on your computer waiting for an excuse to use it?

[PVE]
Members
13,195 posts
27,680 battles
3 minutes ago, Vladeshi said:

How long has this been sitting on your computer waiting for an excuse to use it?

Just made it this morning actually. :Smile_veryhappy:

[PVE]
Members
13,195 posts
27,680 battles

Decided to get the 11 Armory BF bundles. Not bad at 11X 250 Doubloons = 2750. Lots of crates + Coal +camo's, etc...

Did pretty good. Ended up coming out ahead on Doubloons as I got a duplicate Mass B (2500) which also had the mission for the regular Mass (another 2500 - looks like you can do them more than once as I did that mission originally back in 2018). Also got 2X 250 in the crates. So spent 2750 and got back 5500 for a 2750 profit.

:cap_horn:

Mass.jpg

Edited by AdmiralThunder

[PVE]
Members
13,195 posts
27,680 battles

OMG!

I grabbed a 5X BF bundle from the Premium shop for my alternate acct. I know I know that is cheating on the "noob" experience but it was just 5 crates not a big bundle so not exactly whaling things. I did it fully expecting to get camos and that was why I did it honestly as I am out and need some. Figured 5 crates at 10X Type 59 or 20X Shadow Lurker would be a help. If I got FXP or Doubloons all the better.

Welp, my 5 were...

• 10X Type 59 Camo = :cap_like:
  • 35,000 FXP = :cap_like:
  • 1250 Doubloons = :cap_like:
  • 35,000 FXP = :cap_like:
  • JEAN FREAKING BART B!!!!!!!! :cap_fainting:

Ummm...ok....wow.:cap_horn:

Jean Bart B.jpg

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this