You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
TheRoc53

Jean Bart and no way to complete special mission

30 comments in this topic

Members
10 posts
9,084 battles

Just got the Jean Bart Black and started the special mission only to find out that I need to play the regular Jean Bart that used to be in game to do the special mission. But I don't have that ship. Only the Black version. So that means that I can't do the special mission which was part of the package. So I just get the ship, don't get me wrong I'm very happy to have gotten it out of the first grate I bought. But I still feel cheated. Not feeling too good about WoW business ethics right now.

• Funny 1
  • Haha 3

[WOLFC]
Members
2,395 posts
10,744 battles

This has been the case every Black Friday and is clearly spelled out in the product description as well as the news article. These missions are intended to be consolation prizes for those who draw a black version of a ship they already have from a container, as well as incentivize those who already have the ship but want the black camo to buy them by effectively reducing the cost.

Edited by Nevermore135
  • Cool 1
  • Thanks 3

[TLOFT]
Members
39 posts
7,223 battles
14 minutes ago, TheRoc53 said:

Just got the Jean Bart Black and started the special mission only to find out that I need to play the regular Jean Bart that used to be in game to do the special mission. But I don't have that ship. Only the Black version. So that means that I can't do the special mission which was part of the package. So I just get the ship, don't get me wrong I'm very happy to have gotten it out of the first grate I bought. But I still feel cheated. Not feeling too good about WoW business ethics right now.

I would agree its pretty trash, "hey you spent money with us, and won a ship...oh but you need to spend more money with us to get the mission complete from the ship that you got out of a crate by spending money with us" 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Boring 1

[USCC2]
Members
6,310 posts
10 minutes ago, Nevermore135 said:

This has been the case every Black Friday and is clearly spelled out in the product description as well as the news article. These missions are intended to be consolation prizes for those who draw a black version of a ship they already have from a container.

^^This^^

Black Atago = $30 - Normal Atago = $44

Essentially the same ship but a lot less money. The whole idea is that if you bought the Premium Ship and then bought the B version, you get compensation for having the original ship; :cap_hmm:seems fair.

Not having the amount of income that WG expects me to spend, I wait and buy the B ships; they look great, are the same ship and are cheaper! :Smile_teethhappy:

But seriously, if I bought the original ship and then witnessed people get the B for a lot less money, for the same ship - I'd have been.....peeved.

• Cool 3

[CO-OP]
Members
2,614 posts
27,690 battles
[META_]
Members
1,667 posts
17,447 battles
1 hour ago, _WaveRider_ said:

^^This^^

Black Atago = $30 - Normal Atago = $44

Essentially the same ship but a lot less money. The whole idea is that if you bought the Premium Ship and then bought the B version, you get compensation for having the original ship; :cap_hmm:seems fair.

Not having the amount of income that WG expects me to spend, I wait and buy the B ships; they look great, are the same ship and are cheaper! :Smile_teethhappy:

But seriously, if I bought the original ship and then witnessed people get the B for a lot less money, for the same ship - I'd have been.....peeved.

Also isn't there a 2500 Dubloon  you earn after the mission so even cheaper yet?

[_XFC_]
Members
64 posts

Just found this out after purchasing the Massachusetts B. Completely misleading advertising of the product.

In the case of the mission being a "consolation prize" for those who already own the non-B version, this is [edited]. There should definitely be a STAR ************** in the description regarding advertising the mission on the listing of the B version, which states it's the exact same ship but for the camouflage.

A Massachusetts B is a MASSACHUSETTS. It is NOT a different ship, it is the same ship with a special camo. When you paint a ship a different colour, IT'S STILL THE SAME SHIP. You didn't just MAKE A NEW SHIP by PAINTING IT.

-edit-

There is absolutely no reason why a sane person would buy a B version of the same ship they already own, just for the camo which they already have a perma camo for. I bought the Massa-B straight out instead of crate gambling. Ergo, I quire rightly reasoned the mission advertised with the ship would be for the ship.

Fool me once...never again now. Never again. I will not be buying any more premium ships.

Thanks WoWS for breaking my habit. There's always a silver lining to getting ripped off.

Edited by RunNGunner
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[KOBK]
Members
388 posts
4,911 battles
27 minutes ago, RunNGunner said:

Just found this out after purchasing the Massachusetts B. Completely misleading advertising of the product.

In the case of the mission being a "consolation prize" for those who already own the non-B version, this is [edited]. There should definitely be a STAR ************** in the description regarding advertising the mission on the listing of the B version, which states it's the exact same ship but for the camouflage.

A Massachusetts B is a MASSACHUSETTS. It is NOT a different ship, it is the same ship with a special camo. When you paint a ship a different colour, IT'S STILL THE SAME SHIP. You didn't just MAKE A NEW SHIP by PAINTING IT.

-edit-

There is absolutely no reason why a sane person would buy a B version of the same ship they already own, just for the camo which they already have a perma camo for. I bought the Massa-B straight out instead of crate gambling. Ergo, I quire rightly reasoned the mission advertised with the ship would be for the ship.

Fool me once...never again now. Never again. I will not be buying any more premium ships.

Thanks WoWS for breaking my habit. There's always a silver lining to getting ripped off.

Theres a lot of post here and in other medias complaining , and it sounds like this. Why i should go and try to buy the exact same ship just with a new color camo? Unless its a collector, its doesnt make sense, so the mission rewarding the "old" versions of the ships also doesnt make sense...if i already have all the old ships why would bother into the gacha to get the new ones?

Also RunNGunner is right. Is stated the ships are the same, but for some reason they dont count for the missions. That isnt right.

Edited by Nabucodonosor21
  • Cool 1

[_XFC_]
Members
64 posts
5 hours ago, Meta_Man said:

Also isn't there a 2500 Dubloon  you earn after the mission so even cheaper yet?

You would think so, right? As I also thought this was an additional discount for customers reading the full sale description and figuring that out.

But apparently, a red ship is different from a black ship which is also different from a blue ship. Just like in WW2. You painted a ship a new camouflage scheme and walla! IT'S AN ENTIRELY DIFFERENT SHIP!  WALLA! Don't forget to paint the SAME NAME ON THE SAME HULL....but the different paint changes the SHIPS NUMBER DESIGNATION.

BB 59 is NO LONGER BB 59 ONCE YOU CHANGE THE COLOR OF THE SHIP.

SMH.

Same hull designation, same ship name, different color, different ship somehow in the WORLD OF WARSHIPS [edited].

• Boring 1

[USCC2]
Members
6,310 posts
12 hours ago, Meta_Man said:

Yep, the Dub mission gives you approx. $10 dollars of dubs - but this is only if you have the original ship.

That way if you buy the Black version only you get something like the Atago for $14 cheaper. If you buy the Atago B and already have the original Atago that was $14 dollars more - the mission will give you $10 back.

If people are expecting to get an exact copy of the Atago for $14 less and then get a mission that gives them another $10 of dubs (essentially a $44 ship for $20!) - then they do not know WG! :cap_haloween:

• Funny 1
  • Haha 1

[META_]
Members
1,667 posts
17,447 battles
1 hour ago, _WaveRider_ said:

Yep, the Dub mission gives you approx. $10 dollars of dubs - but this is only if you have the original ship.

That way if you buy the Black version only you get something like the Atago for $14 cheaper. If you buy the Atago B and already have the original Atago that was $14 dollars more - the mission will give you $10 back.

If people are expecting to get an exact copy of the Atago for $14 less and then get a mission that gives them another $10 of dubs (essentially a $44 ship for $20!) - then they do not know WG! :cap_haloween:

Well I have atago and be doing this exact scenario...thanks...just making sure I get actual dubs back...so like you said about 20 bucks after I complete the mission 

• Cool 1

[WPORT]
Members
7,763 posts
12,824 battles
18 hours ago, TheRoc53 said:

You've got a Black version of Jean Bart, with all the bells & whistles and a sharp looking camouflage scheme, at a price that was probably lower than a "normal" Jean Bart (which is no longer available, last time I checked).

So, you can accept that you have a nice Black version of Jean Bart, or you can get the "normal" Jean Bart and have two ships (with the corresponding prices) and access to a mission that costs you more (because you had to buy two ships) in time & money & grinding-effort.  Whoops, nope, normal Jean Bart isn't available now because it was removed from the premium shop.

I got Scharnhorst-B in a crate the other year.  I found out that I needed normal Scharnhorst to do the "mission".  Well, I didn't feel like spending the money as the Black ship was performing well in all other aspects and was fun to play.
So, I counted my blessings and lived without completing the mission.  And had fun, and enjoyed the tuxedo camo.

Life goes on.  :-)

• Cool 1

[WPORT]
Members
7,763 posts
12,824 battles
16 hours ago, Meta_Man said:

If you have the "normal" version of a ship already, and then purchase the "Black" version of a ship, there is a mission which can be done with the "normal" ship to earn 2,500 doubloons.

So, discounted price of "Black" ship + mission = doubloons back for owners of the "normal" ship who complete the mission.

Unless you're like me, wherein I got the Scharnhorst-B in a crate and declined to purchase normal Scharnhorst after-the-fact.  
I counted my blessings and stopped further spending on my situation.
Scharnhorst-B performs well and is pleasant to look at.  No need to spend more $$, as far as I am concerned.

[META_]
Members
1,667 posts
17,447 battles
21 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

If you have the "normal" version of a ship already, and then purchase the "Black" version of a ship, there is a mission which can be done with the "normal" ship to earn 2,500 doubloons.

So, discounted price of "Black" ship + mission = doubloons back for owners of the "normal" ship who complete the mission.

Unless you're like me, wherein I got the Scharnhorst-B in a crate and declined to purchase normal Scharnhorst after-the-fact.  
Scharnhorst-B performs well and is pleasant to look at.  No need to spend more $$, as far as I am concerned.

Gotcha , thanks wolf..I'm indecisive because I kinda want the JB .lol 

Edited by Meta_Man

[WPORT]
Members
7,763 posts
12,824 battles
2 hours ago, Meta_Man said:

Gotcha , thanks wolf..I'm indecisive because I kinda want the JB .lol 

The Jean Bart is worth having in one's port.  Since the "normal" version is unavailable, the discounted "Black" version seems like an option.
Completing the "mission" is off the table, of course, unless you get the normal version in a Santa Crate or something.

[_XFC_]
Members
64 posts
On 11/28/2020 at 3:35 AM, _WaveRider_ said:

Black Friday certainly isn’t what it used to be and intended to be: massive discounts once a year for one day only. 

Members
20 posts

I received the Atlanta B and Kaga B in containers and purchased the JB B, also misread the ad for the JB, but have these three missions sitting there and cannot get the rewards. Does not make sense why someone who has the premium would go and buy another just for premium camo

[USCC2]
Members
6,310 posts
4 hours ago, RunNGunner said:

Black Friday certainly isn’t what it used to be and intended to be: massive discounts once a year for one day only. 

I agree and disagree. There are indeed great offers out there to be had, but in the end much of Black Friday is like the run up to Christmas - most retailers know they have an audience with money waiting to buy - so yes they will have the odd 'gem' of a bargain to hook people in - but the majority is just old stuff they want to get rid of.

For people like me (when it comes to WG) this still means a bargain (I can get a B ship for part of the price for the original ship - so I have got a bargain), and of course the big spenders get what they want, as the bigger spends come with bigger savings.

For me this Black Friday deal has been no worse than others that WG have done? :Smile_honoring:

[WPORT]
Members
7,763 posts
12,824 battles
4 hours ago, Admiral_Slevin_Kelevra13 said:

I received the Atlanta B and Kaga B in containers and purchased the JB B, also misread the ad for the JB, but have these three missions sitting there and cannot get the rewards. Does not make sense why someone who has the premium would go and buy another just for premium camo

As @Blorgh2017 pointed out in another (similar) topic ... and I'll paraphrase...

1.  To try different Captain's Skills and ship modules build(s).
2.  Tuxedo camo is lookin' sharp.
3.  Collectors of ships want to add to their collections.
4.  More ships for "snowflake" events.
5.  It's the only version of a ship available, because the "normal" version of the ship was removed from the premium shop & the armory.
6.  Player got lucky and the ship arrived in a crate of some kind because the player completed a mission or campaign or whatever.  Not gonna kick a "free ship" out of one's port, eh?
7.  Some other reason that I haven't thought of.

• Meh 1

[PVE]
Members
13,174 posts
27,611 battles

If people would just take 2 seconds to READ the item details and/or read the WOWS News articles (port or website and even the Dev Blog a lot of times) about these things before rushing in to buy they would see that the missions are for the regular versions of the ships only. A Jean Bart B is not a Jean Bart. Think of it like all those ARP Kongos in game. There are what 4 or 5 of them but they are considered different ships even if they are just a Kongo with a special camo/skin. Same thing for the B ships.

The news article on Black Friday specifically told us only the regular version of the ship can do the mission and the item details when you buy the ship (or the actual mission details if you got it out of a crate) show it for the ship with no B on it. Again, while the B ships are the exact same as the regular ones other than the B camo they are considered different ships and will have their own listing/stats in your profile. The missions ONLY list the regular version of the ship. Just reading the info shows it as they specifically refer to [SHIP] and [SHIP B]. IF they both qualified then they would list both.

Man I hate it when people make me defend WG. Yes, they always seem to be on the unethical and sleazy side with their marketing but players should know this by now and read everything they can 1st (including the forums where there have been multiple PSA's warning people about this including one I posted 1st thing on Friday AM - if you can find the forums to complain you can find them to see the warnings about this too).

In the end even if you can't do the mission you either got a FREE Premium ship or you got a Premium ship at a pretty big discount over the standard version of the ship. Either way, whether or not you can do that mission or not, you got a good deal. Just remember this lesson and moving forward always read the fine print, ALL the print, and research it everywhere 1st.

Link to BF news article on website (also available in port news / Screenshot of the news article mission details / Armory purchase details on Jean Bart B / Premium Shop website purchase details on Jean Bart B / Actual mission details if you get it...

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/sales-and-events/black-friday-2020/

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[PVE]
Members
13,174 posts
27,611 battles
5 hours ago, Admiral_Slevin_Kelevra13 said:

35 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

As @Blorgh2017 pointed out in another (similar) topic ... and I'll paraphrase...

1.  To try different Captain's Skills and ship modules build(s).
2.  Tuxedo camo is lookin' sharp.
3.  Collectors of ships want to add to their collections.
4.  More ships for "snowflake" events.
5.  It's the only version of a ship available, because the "normal" version of the ship was removed from the premium shop & the armory.
6.  Player got lucky and the ship arrived in a crate of some kind because the player completed a mission or campaign or whatever.  Not gonna kick a "free ship" out of one's port, eh?
7.  Some other reason that I haven't thought of.

For me (I have all 12 of the B ships as well as the regular version of them) #'s 2, 3, 4, 6. 5 too if that was ever the case for me but that really doesn't go along with the top quote where it is stated you have the original version already.

#7 - it adds another qualifying ship type or maybe even a specific ship for a mission task. Having a large and diversified fleet is a huge advantage for WOWS events, Campaigns, missions, etc... What if the regular version is the only qualifying ship you have (say it's T8-T10 French BB as a requirement) and you die early in your JB. Just jump in to your JB B and go play while waiting for the other game to end instead of having to sit there for the JB to come back to port.

#8 - it's another Capt trainer that can take advantage of the daily 1st win bonus.

For some people having one version is enough but I look at it as another premium that can earn rewards through play and things like flake events (as well as #7 that I added). Also, I have to say, the B version ships are some of the best looking and I tend to grab those over the regulars when playing that ship once in a day.

I got the JB B on my main acct and my alt acct through crates. On my main acct I had the regular version so I was able to do the 2500 Doubloon mission. Awesome and great for me! On my alt acct (which is intentionally kept as a noob acct with little to no spending allowed for an experiment I am doing) I do not have the regular JB so I can't do the mission. Am I upset and mad over it? Nope. I just got a FREE T9 Premium ship. Even if I had bought the JB B for that alt acct I wouldn't be mad as I got the ship for $11+ less than what the regular JB sold for.

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Meh 1

[BEA5T]
Members
521 posts
16,888 battles
23 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

I got the JB B on my main acct and my alt acct through crates. On my main acct I had the regular version so I was able to do the 2500 Doubloon mission. Awesome and great for me! On my alt acct (which is intentionally kept as a noob acct with little to no spending allowed for an experiment I am doing) I do not have the regular JB so I can't do the mission. Am I upset and mad over it? Nope. I just got a FREE T9 Premium ship. Even if I had bought the JB B for that alt acct I wouldn't be mad as I got the ship for $11+ less than what the regular JB sold for.

I am willing to bet that there be a whole lot of folks looking\HOPING for a Jean Bart in a Christmas Crate drop   :Smile_Default:      I know will be  :Smile_coin:

[PVE]
Members
13,174 posts
27,611 battles
26 minutes ago, Noworriesderpy1 said:

I am willing to bet that there be a whole lot of folks looking\HOPING for a Jean Bart in a Christmas Crate drop   :Smile_Default:      I know will be  :Smile_coin:

Would be nice but I think extremely rare like Missouri, Musashi, etc... Most likely you will get a more common Premium. Man if I got the regular JB out of a Santa crate on my alt acct I would never bother buying a lottery ticket IRL again as I would know all my luck was used up.

[WOLF8]
Members
7,710 posts
6,485 battles
3 hours ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

As @Blorgh2017 pointed out in another (similar) topic ...

It's not just me. Plenty of other people have already pointed them out already, for all to know and understand. 

Some people might consider having two clone ships as redundant, and they kinda are for most part, but with enough incentives it's actually not a bad thing. IMO, the BF ships are definitely an exception from the rules, and should be treated as such.

Edited by Blorgh2017
  • Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[PHD]
Members
256 posts
8,151 battles
On 11/28/2020 at 8:47 AM, Wolfswetpaws said:

The only way this is profitable to the user is if a B-version of a ship he already has drops from a crate. He could then grind out the 2500 doubloons with the original ship, then sell the b version and keep port slot and 20 point commander.