You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Rokkator

Game is Nearly Unplayable

27 comments in this topic

Members
173 posts
12,057 battles

World of Warships has been nearly unplayable since the last major update.

I've been seeing extremely glitchy torps, which are nearly impossible to see let alone try to dodge,  guns that fire full seconds AFTER you click the button to shoot, a minimap that just freezes and never updates, and ships that fully disappear minus the shadowing for the rigging. 

These issues pretty much only ever show up in battles in which I'm playing a cruiser with torpedoes or a destroyer, and the issues normally only show up after I fire torpedoes... so I'm guessing these issues are somehow connected to torpedoes. 

I finally got a replay (of my first outing in the Blatago that I got today no less) that pretty much shows all these issues if any of you want to see:
20201127_145345_PJSC598-Black-Atago_14_Atlantic.wowsreplay

NO CLUE how to fix this, and while I am running mods, the issue has nothing to do with the mods. I already completely uninstalled and then reinstalled the game with no mods and it still had these issues. 

I don't even know how to describe what's going on, let alone fix it. I know this must not be a  Maybe I need to update my computer? 

Until it's fixed, I guess I'll have to stick to playing only BBs or not play at all.

• Boring 4

[REVY]
Members
8,261 posts
6,118 battles

This should probably be in Game Support and Bug Reporting subform, not the General Discussion forum.

[WOLFG]
Members
31,992 posts
9,887 battles
11 minutes ago, Rokkator said:

Maybe I need to update my computer? 

What do you have?

[WTAF]
Members
235 posts
8,927 battles
12 minutes ago, Rokkator said:

I've been seeing extremely glitchy torps, which are nearly impossible to see let alone try to dodge,  guns that fire full seconds AFTER you click the button to shoot, a minimap that just freezes and never updates, and ships that fully disappear minus the shadowing for the rigging. 

These issues pretty much only ever show up in battles in which I'm playing a cruiser with torpedoes or a destroyer, and the issues normally only show up after I fire torpedoes... so I'm guessing these issues are somehow connected to torpedoes. 

I finally got a replay (of my first outing in the Blatago that I got today no less) that pretty much shows all these issues if any of you want to see:

NO CLUE how to fix this, and while I am running mods, the issue has nothing to do with the mods. I already completely uninstalled and then reinstalled the game with no mods and it still had these issues. 

I don't even know how to describe what's going on, let alone fix it. I know this must not be a  Maybe I need to update my computer? 

Until it's fixed, I guess I'll have to stick to playing only BBs or not play at all.

You might be interested in this comment I posted a week ago. I can't play DDs either.

Members
173 posts
12,057 battles
3 hours ago, Hel_Diver142 said:

It's a problem with the update, it was there in the PT.

Huh. Well, hopefully it gets fixed. 

What I find odd is that this is only affecting a few random people, which suggests that it's partially due to my computer setup.

[WOLFG]
Members
31,992 posts
9,887 battles
7 minutes ago, Rokkator said:

What I find odd is that this is only affecting a few random people, which suggests that it's partially due to my computer setup.

Most minor bugs only affect some people, just because there's an effectively unlimited number of setups.

I've had it where the forums were burning with complaints about a bug that tons of people experienced, and not known what they were talking about. The more advanced and complex PCs get, the more this will happen.

It's one of those "you're the cause, but it's not your fault" kinda deals.

Edited by Skpstr

[BNKR]
[BNKR]
Members
2,805 posts
2,663 battles
4 hours ago, Rokkator said:

This sounds similar to issues I've had occasionally.  I run no mods, but I also play on a potato laptop.

Members
173 posts
12,057 battles
19 hours ago, Skpstr said:

What do you have?

I've got a Latitude E5450 running a i7-5600U CPU that I bought back in 2014-2015.

It's completely stock with no upgrades. I know that compared to what most gaming people are running it's slow, but the game has never given me problems as long as I run everything on low quality.

[WOLFG]
Members
31,992 posts
9,887 battles
1 minute ago, Rokkator said:

I've got a Latitude E5450 running a i7-5600U CPU that I bought back in 2014-2015.

It's completely stock with no upgrades. I know that compared to what most gaming people are running it's slow, but the game has never given me problems as long as I run everything on low quality.

What's your GPU? And what resolution do you run at?

Members
5,610 posts
10,866 battles
7 minutes ago, Rokkator said:

Has it been cleaned out recently - laptops are known for overheating with a buildup of dust.

Members
173 posts
12,057 battles
32 minutes ago, CylonRed said:

Has it been cleaned out recently - laptops are known for overheating with a buildup of dust.

Ha, funny you mention that. It was overheating 4 or 5 months ago, and I thoroughly blasted the dust out of it and I haven't had that issue since. 

39 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

What's your GPU? And what resolution do you run at?

My GPU is an Intel(R) HD Graphics 5500, and I usually try to run the game at 1904x1211 resolution, but I'm not totally sure if that's what I used to have the resolution set at before my reinstall.
(I'm currently running the game on a 1920x1200 monitor that's plugged into my laptop).

[WOLFG]
Members
31,992 posts
9,887 battles
Just now, Rokkator said:

My GPU is an Intel(R) HD Graphics 5500, and I usually try to run the game at 1904x1211 resolution, but I'm not totally sure if that's what I used to have the resolution set at before my reinstall.
(I'm currently running the game on a 1920x1200 monitor that's plugged into my laptop).

Try running it at 1080 or even 720 and see if that helps. You might even be able to turn the graphics up. The only thing is that you will want to adjust the UI scale, as the lower the resolution, the more real estate the UI elements take up.

On my old PC, I ran at 720 (best the monitor could do) and got 50ish FPS with the graphics cranked up, and it looked pretty decent. (mind you the monitor was a 50" plasma TV lol)

[RYZIN]
Beta Testers
41 posts

I'm having to same issues.  Glad I found this post now I can tell the wife what I want Santa to bring me because my old  7 year old pc isn't cutting it anymore. Then I'll be able to run the game on something other than lowest settings

Yippie!!!!! 

[LRT]
Members
176 posts
9,532 battles
18 hours ago, Rokkator said:

I have no problems with my computer, it is 9.10. I've been doing the public test for 9.11-9.12 and it doesn't have the bugs that show up in 9.10.

Members
5,610 posts
10,866 battles
4 hours ago, Rokkator said:

Ha, funny you mention that. It was overheating 4 or 5 months ago, and I thoroughly blasted the dust out of it and I haven't had that issue since. 

Intel, onboard graphics are crap and imho the entire cause of your problems.

• Cool 1

[TRU]
Members
725 posts
21,012 battles

This post reminds me of the bug that caused terrible lag everytime an enemy ship was spotted.  I thought it was my ISP having problems at first. 

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
2,278 posts
5 hours ago, Rokkator said:

Intel HD or onboard graphics is the source of your trouble. Similar to older machines that had intergrated graphics (Marketing [edited]... you dont ever touch those with 10 foot pole)

You want a machine with a dedicated graphics card from Nvida or AMD Crossfire. One card or two. That is individual graphics cards not built in anything. You will find your gaming to be a very good experience then. Provided everything else is fast. GPU, SSD, Etc. I am running three cards in mine. And those are getting long int he tooth being 15 years old this year. Ive already burned through two. That makes a total of 5 so far.

Edited by xHeavy
  • Boring 1

[BB35]
Members
559 posts
4,618 battles
On 11/27/2020 at 3:16 PM, Rokkator said:

This is all on your siide.............game works great for me.

Members
5,610 posts
10,866 battles
1 hour ago, xHeavy said:

Intel HD or onboard graphics is the source of your trouble. Similar to older machines that had intergrated graphics (Marketing [edited]... you dont ever touch those with 10 foot pole)

You want a machine with a dedicated graphics card from Nvida or AMD Crossfire. One card or two. That is individual graphics cards not built in anything. You will find your gaming to be a very good experience then. Provided everything else is fast. GPU, SSD, Etc. I am running three cards in mine. And those are getting long int he tooth being 15 years old this year. Ive already burned through two. That makes a total of 5 so far.

He isn't going to get one good video card in the laptop much less 2 or 3. 

[BNKR]
[BNKR]
Members
263 posts
4,269 battles

I'm having no issues  although there is the screen flickering at the end of every game where it shows the final moment of the previous game for whatever reason.  Its not game breaking for me, but its a bit strange. It always shows the last moment of the previous game, like the background of the score screens. Dunno if anyone else has that.

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
14,181 posts
6 hours ago, RonJamesDio said:

I'm having no issues  although there is the screen flickering at the end of every game where it shows the final moment of the previous game for whatever reason.  Its not game breaking for me, but its a bit strange. It always shows the last moment of the previous game, like the background of the score screens. Dunno if anyone else has that.

I think that I too have seen this. I thought perhaps it was a new feature.

[FML]
Members
4,148 posts
16,060 battles
6 hours ago, RonJamesDio said:

Yep I've been getting that one too.  Not just you.  

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,335 posts
17,511 battles
On 11/27/2020 at 12:16 PM, Rokkator said:

Can be as simple as a video card driver that needs to be updated.