You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
IH8PEPL

a final note

36 comments in this topic

[HSPS]
Members
13 posts
8,516 battles

I think I'm leaving wargaming completely, after a number of years.  Why?

This is the only company that encourages seal clubbing.  I've tried to get friends and family members to play planes/tanks/ships and in each game getting through the first 4 levels is the hardest - at least tanks has taken some steps to create a training room, but planes and especially warships with the research bureau REWARDS experienced players going back and seal clubbing, indeed its the only way they can get some of the most competitive gear (Slava, Thunderer).

Why eat your young?  Why make it hardest on new players?  I will say the games are cool...and WOWs has the best community of the three, that's like choosing to eat a bowl of sh*t flavored ice cream over a bowl of sh*t.  Its better, but that doesn't make it a pleasant experience.

Answer or don't.  I won't know.

• Cool 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Meh 4

[O2]
Members
453 posts
10,034 battles

Reminds me of that old John Cleese joke..."Pretentious? Moi???". Sorry to hear you are considering leaving WG. Really sorry. I think I going to need a tea and a cream bun to get through the day after those news.

[-BCO-]
Members
1,755 posts
2,988 battles
1 minute ago, Toxygene said:

Reminds me of that old John Cleese joke..."Pretentious? Moi???". Sorry to hear you are considering leaving WG. Really sorry. I think I going to need a tea and a cream bun to get through the day after those news.

Erm....so somebody who cares about the game's long term health. and of the community ( and do something for that) is ....."Pretentious"??. Well, as jingles would say.... 

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,453 posts
22,675 battles
18 minutes ago, IH8PEPL said:

I think I'm leaving wargaming completely, after a number of years.  Why?

This is the only company that encourages seal clubbing.  I've tried to get friends and family members to play planes/tanks/ships and in each game getting through the first 4 levels is the hardest - at least tanks has taken some steps to create a training room, but planes and especially warships with the research bureau REWARDS experienced players going back and seal clubbing, indeed its the only way they can get some of the most competitive gear (Slava, Thunderer).

Why eat your young?  Why make it hardest on new players?  I will say the games are cool...and WOWs has the best community of the three, that's like choosing to eat a bowl of sh*t flavored ice cream over a bowl of sh*t.  Its better, but that doesn't make it a pleasant experience.

Answer or don't.  I won't know.

Its more worth my free exp and time to go straight to t5 and avoid most of the bots and double cv.....

[ARGSY]
Members
23,042 posts
17,042 battles
22 minutes ago, IH8PEPL said:

at least tanks has taken some steps to create a training room, but planes and especially warships with the research bureau REWARDS experienced players going back and seal clubbing,

Perhaps you missed the fact that WOWS does in fact have a training room, and that new players are locked out of the general matchmaking until (currently) 200 battles or Tier 5, whichever they hit first. Your just-beginning friends and family members shouldn't even be meeting the regrinders.

Yes, there are the dedicated seal clubbers, but that's altogether another problem and forums TOS doesn't adequately let me express what I feel about them.

• Cool 3

SuperTest Coordinator, Beta Testers
6,746 posts
12,386 battles

Anyone seal clubbing at T4 or lower is only going to be facing people with at least 200 games under their belt, and the vast majority of players aren’t hanging around at low tiers to club. They want to leave that range as soon as possible.

• Thanks 1

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
15,594 posts
4,771 battles
42 minutes ago, IH8PEPL said:

getting through the first 4 levels is the hardest

I know you claim you won't be around to answer, but do/did you have any concept of the protected match making in Tiers 1-4 ??  Hmm?

Did you, an experienced player, division with them and drag them out of protected MM?  Did you insist on Random battles?

I will give you one thing, though.  WG keeping newbies out of Training Rooms while they are protected is STUPID.  @Hapa_Fodder

[-BCO-]
Members
1,755 posts
2,988 battles
21 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Perhaps you missed the fact that WOWS does in fact have a training room, and that new players are locked out of the general matchmaking until (currently) 200 battles or Tier 5, whichever they hit first. Your just-beginning friends and family members shouldn't even be meeting the regrinders.

You sir are mostly correct, but the training room isn't available from the start, only later on.So.... he has a valid point.

[HC]
[HC]
Beta Testers
3,443 posts
13,111 battles
9 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

I will give you one thing, though.  WG keeping newbies out of Training Rooms while they are protected is STUPID.  @Hapa_Fodder

6 minutes ago, Bandi73 said:

You sir are mostly correct, but the training room isn't available from the start, only later on.So.... he has a valid point.

How is Co-Op really any different than a training room, except you earn credits/XP in it?

• Thanks 1

[FOXY]
Members
1,212 posts
6,004 battles
15 minutes ago, Compassghost said:

Anyone seal clubbing at T4 or lower is only going to be facing people with at least 200 games under their belt, and the vast majority of players aren’t hanging around at low tiers to club. They want to leave that range as soon as possible.

You can get to t5 before 200 matches and that ends the protected MM.

[-BCO-]
Members
1,755 posts
2,988 battles
7 minutes ago, SgtBeltfed said:

How is Co-Op really any different than a training room, except you earn credits/XP in it?

Well for one thing it won't affect your WR or stats. Many people are putting an emphasis on that, even if i don't really care. i play for fun.

Edited by Bandi73

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
15,594 posts
4,771 battles
2 minutes ago, SgtBeltfed said:

It's very different.  You can set up the room so you have time to discuss matters and maybe practice without the fear of getting erased.  Create Co-op like scenarios or bring in opposing humans to work as paid actors. 

Ever used a Training Room? 

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
15,594 posts
4,771 battles
6 minutes ago, Princess_Daystar said:

It doesn't end protection. T5 battles are not protected.  As a mentor he should know that.

• Cool 1

[WKY04]
Members
3,861 posts
24,543 battles
27 minutes ago, Compassghost said:

If they work through multiple lines, they are at T3-4 for quite a bit experiencing the joys of facing T4 CVs AND being a seal.

[-GOD-]
[-GOD-]
Members
1,359 posts
29 minutes ago, Compassghost said:

Except for the CV D***bags that is

[HC]
[HC]
Beta Testers
3,443 posts
13,111 battles
4 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

It's very different.  You can set up the room so you have time to discuss matters and maybe practice without the fear of getting erased.  Create Co-op like scenarios or bring in opposing humans to work as paid actors. 

Ever used a Training Room? 

I have actually, but for someone learning the basics, you just need something to shoot at. By the time you need more than that, you'll have access to the training rooms.

[-GOD-]
[-GOD-]
Members
1,359 posts
11 minutes ago, Princess_Daystar said:

Yeah especially if your 1st or 2nd S.C.drops a t5 or t6 ship lol which is what happened to me lol

[-GOD-]
[-GOD-]
Members
1,359 posts
8 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

It doesn't end protection

when did they change that because it sure did for me but that was awhile ago

Members
3,967 posts
14,408 battles

Sorry OP, Ive dedicated myself to playing 100 Oklahoma games. I usually dislike beating up on noobs, so I stay away from anything below tier 6. But Im on a mission. 

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
15,594 posts
4,771 battles
9 minutes ago, bosco1111 said:

when did they change that because it sure did for me but that was awhile ago

No change.  You go back below T5 with <200 games and you're still protected.

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
15,594 posts
4,771 battles
8 minutes ago, Rollingonit said:

Sorry OP, Ive dedicated myself to playing 100 Oklahoma games. I usually dislike beating up on noobs, so I stay away from anything below tier 6. But Im on a mission. 

Speaking of missions, the first Mission of the Five Epochs campaign requires a bunch of games below T5.  That's great! for newbies; they get to participate.  OTOH, it makes the clubbings worse.

• Thanks 1

Members
3,967 posts
14,408 battles
1 minute ago, iDuckman said:

Speaking of missions, the first Mission of the Five Epochs campaign requires a bunch of games below T5.  That's great! for newbies; they get to participate.  OTOH, it makes the clubbings worse.

I completely forgot about that campaign. I suppose this is a good time to get some of it done. Thanks for the reminder.

edit: wait, is it only below T5? maybe nvm thanks anways

Edited by Rollingonit

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
15,594 posts
4,771 battles
3 minutes ago, Rollingonit said:

wait, is it only below T5?

The final task alone is 5500 BXP Tiers II-IV.  That is conservatively 10 games.  I forget how many to get there -- at least as many more.

Members
3,967 posts
14,408 battles
Just now, iDuckman said:

The final task alone is 5500 BXP Tiers II-IV.  That is conservatively 10 games.  I forget how many to get there -- at least as many more.

Merp. Well, I guess campaign will have to wait. Ill take a closer look at all the missions later tonight to see if it's possible to meet the requirements to complete. 

[-BCO-]
Members
1,755 posts
2,988 battles
2 hours ago, iDuckman said:

Aren't new players protected from that? Meaning that those who play the missions will see only experienced players.