You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
GrandpaHatesYou

Jean Bart, Premium Black Friday, Super Containers, Sucker

32 comments in this topic

[WHEE]
Members
36 posts
9,928 battles

There are several issues here, WOWS please route each to their appropriate department.

1)      The Jean Bart, a ship I longed for but never could save up enough coal to get. I purchased Premium Black Friday Crates. The first one I opened was the Jean Bart. I was ecstatic, along with the 25k coal mission, Great! I played a game and got the mission. WOW you have got to be kidding. WOWS would not be that cruel. Read the fine print. You must play the 5 missions in the original Jean Bart. WHAT, I do not have it, but I will work hard to get it for 25k coal. Breath, WHAT, you took it away. WAIT that cant be right, who would offer the sweetest bonus they may have ever offered then make in unobtainable. THEN I remembered I was playing WOWs. I am disappointed with WOWS.

2)      Three-fifths of the PREMIUM crates I purchased contained paint jobs. I do not consider Paint jobs a premium item, they are a normal commodity I get every day. I can see sprinkling a few in but to have 3/5ths of the crates be paint I get every day, I am disappointed with WOWS again.

3)      While we are in this neighborhood, Super Containers, rename them to Big Containers because there is nothing “Super” about them. I do not care what WOWs says, they do not drop as often as they used to. When they do, they have Signals or Paint in them. There is nothing “Super” about that. A “Super Container” should bring a nod to your head. Like 10k Doubloons, 25k coal, 15k steel. You get the idea. WOWS, its not like you have to go out and buy real gold, its nothing to you but could be a giant good will gesture to your consumers. Remember us, the little people, fans, end user, suckers….

• Cool 2
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 14
  • Meh 4

[SVEN]
Beta Testers
230 posts
7,469 battles

It's how the missions for the black ships have always worked.

• Cool 4

[CO-OP]
Members
2,694 posts
27,896 battles

1- Black ships are not the same as the standard ship.  The bonus mission is for those that had the original as an incentive to get the black ship.

2- As with any random container, you need to see what the possible outcomes of those purchases.  

3- The premium containers have a higher chance of dropping a ship.  

Members
825 posts
10 minutes ago, GrandpaHatesYou said:

You must play the 5 missions in the original Jean Bart. WHAT, I do not have it, but I will work hard to get it for 25k coal.

Its part of the carrot to get people who have the original ships to pull-the-trigger and buy the carbon copy black versions.    If WeeGee cared to prevent issues, players shouldnt get that mission without having the original version in port already.

[NSEW]
Members
2,234 posts
11,821 battles
12 minutes ago, GrandpaHatesYou said:

Remember us, the little people, fans, end user, suckers….

This man has reached the seventh stage of self realisation via many exercises of containers.  The "suckers" level can only be achieved through many stages of, little people, fans, end user.

I hope that you reach the next stage of TheRealF2P soon.  As this will bring you much peace, and heavier wallets.

Members
22 posts
1,479 battles
15 minutes ago, GrandpaHatesYou said:

There are several issues here, WOWS please route each to their appropriate department.

1)      The Jean Bart, a ship I longed for but never could save up enough coal to get. I purchased Premium Black Friday Crates. The first one I opened was the Jean Bart. I was ecstatic, along with the 25k coal mission, Great! I played a game and got the mission. WOW you have got to be kidding. WOWS would not be that cruel. Read the fine print. You must play the 5 missions in the original Jean Bart. WHAT, I do not have it, but I will work hard to get it for 25k coal. Breath, WHAT, you took it away. WAIT that cant be right, who would offer the sweetest bonus they may have ever offered then make in unobtainable. THEN I remembered I was playing WOWs. I am disappointed with WOWS.

2)      Three-fifths of the PREMIUM crates I purchased contained paint jobs. I do not consider Paint jobs a premium item, they are a normal commodity I get every day. I can see sprinkling a few in but to have 3/5ths of the crates be paint I get every day, I am disappointed with WOWS again.

3)      While we are in this neighborhood, Super Containers, rename them to Big Containers because there is nothing “Super” about them. I do not care what WOWs says, they do not drop as often as they used to. When they do, they have Signals or Paint in them. There is nothing “Super” about that. A “Super Container” should bring a nod to your head. Like 10k Doubloons, 25k coal, 15k steel. You get the idea. WOWS, its not like you have to go out and buy real gold, its nothing to you but could be a giant good will gesture to your consumers. Remember us, the little people, fans, end user, suckers….

How much did you spend on crates?

If less than $65, then you came out ahead... since just buying the ship would cost that much. 

[PSA]
Members
5,116 posts
3,732 battles

1) It's crates. Crates are almost always a scam in games. Real problem is no one knows what the odds are of getting any particular thing. Most of the time when gambling, people know the odds. Not in this case. So f*ck crates. F*ck 'em hard. I stopped buying them long ago when I got fed up of getting nothing but camos.

2) As for the ship missions from B ships you purchase ... it clearly says it's a mission for the non B ship. Wargaming differentiates between the two and is offering that special mission for people who have both ships so as to not make getting the same ship twice a total write off. It's not there to scam people. That's what the crates are for.

[WOLFC]
Members
3,200 posts
20 minutes ago, PhosphorusForFun said:

This is always one of my favorite times of year.

Why you sadistic SOB .... I like the way you think. :Smile_veryhappy:

• Cool 1
  • Haha 1

[FOXY]
Members
1,222 posts
6,022 battles
40 minutes ago, Lord_Slayer said:

when gambling the house always wins

I just dont understand how in a game thats been out for as long as this..why players dont know how crates work. If you arent happy with the least worthy item in the container its probably not a good idea to buy it.

Myself, i walked out with ships valued at far more than what i paid, so im happy.

[PVE]
Members
10,890 posts
18,799 battles

The missions are for people that own the ships already, so that it gives them a reason to buy it again, besides a black camo that has no better benefits.

[WOLFG]
Members
32,044 posts
9,926 battles
3 hours ago, Princess_Daystar said:

I just dont understand how in a game thats been out for as long as this..why players dont know how crates work. If you arent happy with the least worthy item in the container its probably not a good idea to buy it.

Never mind this game, it is (or was) a thing in some games with vastly larger player bases.

And not just games, either. I've seen people get upset because they bought $10 worth of lottery tickets and only won $20.

Edited by Skpstr

[REVY]
Members
8,267 posts
6,118 battles
5 hours ago, GrandpaHatesYou said:

Read the fine print.

It's not in fine print, it's on the front cover.

Jean Bart B.jpg

[WHEE]
Members
36 posts
9,928 battles
6 hours ago, LowSpeed_US said:

This man has reached the seventh stage of self realisation via many exercises of containers.  The "suckers" level can only be achieved through many stages of, little people, fans, end user.

I hope that you reach the next stage of TheRealF2P soon.  As this will bring you much peace, and heavier wallets.

I did reach the Zen level of alt+F4 moments after the sucker level smacked me. o7

[0456]
Members
3,824 posts
10,091 battles
2 hours ago, Sventex said:

It's not in fine print, it's on the front cover.

Jean Bart B.jpg

New people don’t know the difference between HE, AP, SAP or a banana. All of you who are familiar with the game AND know there are actually 2 Jean Barts need to remember that the bait is aimed at the churned, not the learned. 

Even in this picture “Black Jean Bart” is referenced in two different ways. The misdirection here is flagrant and reprehensible. 

Edited by _ENO_
  • Cool 2
  • Meh 1

[REVY]
Members
8,267 posts
6,118 battles
18 minutes ago, _ENO_ said:

New people don’t know the difference between HE, AP, SAP or a banana.

Then they won't know what coal or doubloons are either so there's no reason for them to get angry.

[DVYJC]
Members
3,828 posts
9,516 battles

So to recap, the OP missed out on Jean Bart before it was pulled from availability and was really hoping to get a Jean Bart B from the Black Friday crates.

He then got a Jean Bart B from the Black Friday crates, so now he's mad.

• Haha 1

[WOLF8]
Members
7,780 posts
6,528 battles
44 minutes ago, RainbowFartingUnicorn said:

So to recap, the OP missed out on Jean Bart before it was pulled from availability and was really hoping to get a Jean Bart B from the Black Friday crates.

He then got a Jean Bart B from the Black Friday crates, so now he's mad.

I donno, I would still call OP's result an absolute win, TBH... lol.

[REVY]
Members
2,611 posts
14,278 battles
14 hours ago, _ENO_ said:

New people don’t know the difference between HE, AP, SAP or a banana. All of you who are familiar with the game AND know there are actually 2 Jean Barts need to remember that the bait is aimed at the churned, not the learned. 

Even in this picture “Black Jean Bart” is referenced in two different ways. The misdirection here is flagrant and reprehensible. 

That photo literally shows what is included in the Bundle

1. T9 Jean Bart B

2. Combat Mission for Jean Bart

3. Port Slot.

if you really want to get nitpicky, yes, there are three different ways the Jean Bart is listed there: Black Jean Bart, Jean Bart B, Jean Bart, but the important thing is it lists exactly what is in the bundle.

[0456]
Members
3,824 posts
10,091 battles
1 hour ago, Lord_Slayer said:

That photo literally shows what is included in the Bundle

1. T9 Jean Bart B

2. Combat Mission for Jean Bart

3. Port Slot.

if you really want to get nitpicky, yes, there are three different ways the Jean Bart is listed there: Black Jean Bart, Jean Bart B, Jean Bart, but the important thing is it lists exactly what is in the bundle.

And starting with Black Jean Bart- which makes the level of ambiguity in suddenly calling it Jean Bart B butted up against Jean Bart missions way over the top. 

It doesn’t affect me because I never got ripped by it but the fact they continue with these subtle misdirections (thinking the ongoing challenges with what in game currency is between credits and doubloons) is extremely off putting. 

Edited by _ENO_

[FOXY]
Members
1,222 posts
6,022 battles

Now an odd question, why does the Sims mission only give 1.5k gold when all the other missions give 2.5k gold? Even the other tier 7s give 2.5k gold.

[REVY]
Members
2,611 posts
14,278 battles
46 minutes ago, Princess_Daystar said:

Now an odd question, why does the Sims mission only give 1.5k gold when all the other missions give 2.5k gold? Even the other tier 7s give 2.5k gold.

T7 DD is the most likely reason.

The other 2 T7s are a cruiser and a BB.

Its also one of the older Premiums out there (Dec 2015 was LWM review).